Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Caps survive. 18 OTs.
    Bettman rejoices as another Canadian team bites the dust.

SteveP and I are upset. Kep is loading the bombers as we speak.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OFs5l9K--7M
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Bettman rejoices as another Canadian team bites the dust.

SteveP and I are upset. Kep is loading the bombers as we speak.
        I keep them on stand-by...

God, another round of these fat f-cks, and on the same weekend the Nats sweep the Mets.

I need a vacation.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          What are we doing keeping Arizona? They should be #1 on the chopping block.
          I'm retiring there. They stay.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I went to Phoenix in the summer once. It averaged 105 degrees the whole trip. That line about "but it's a dry heat" is pure concentrated BULL HONKEY. It was a torture chamber. I was sprinting from air conditioned lobby to air conditioned lobby. Whoever put the water misters on the valet parking at the hotel deserves a **** medal.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              I went to Phoenix in the summer once. It averaged 105 degrees the whole trip. That line about "but it's a dry heat" is pure concentrated BULL HONKEY. It was a torture chamber. I was sprinting from air conditioned lobby to air conditioned lobby. Whoever put the water misters on the valet parking at the hotel deserves a **** medal.
              Went to Vegas once. Dry heat is f'real. Loved it. Dockers/dress shirt the whole time. Beautiful. Just gotta remember to hydrate.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                I don't agree at all. As someone who starts to feel sweaty when the temperature goes above 65 back east (why yes, living in DC is pure hell, thank you for asking), I have been in NM and NV when the temperature is 108 and as long as I'm wearing my ginormous ol' safari hat and have plenty of bottled water I'm fine.

Low humidity is better than heroin.
                Cornell University

Comment

The other thing about low humidity, especially at high altitude, is that it cools off at night. No matter how miserable it is during the day, you can sleep. The worst thing about high humidity is trying to sleep when you're sweaty and uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I thought the Vikings were going to win the super bowl.
                    Oh hey, I thought the Vikings were going to beat the Seahawks with just 10 seconds left in regulation a couple years ago.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Oh hey, I thought the Vikings were going to beat the Seahawks with just 10 seconds left in regulation a couple years ago.
                      They didn't?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thornton played with a torn ACL and MCL in round 1. Unbelievable. Headed to surgery today.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Thornton played with a torn ACL and MCL in round 1. Unbelievable. Headed to surgery today.
                          I have a buddy who skates with a torn ACL. ...He does not compete at an NHL level.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                            The other thing about low humidity, especially at high altitude, is that it cools off at night. No matter how miserable it is during the day, you can sleep. The worst thing about high humidity is trying to sleep when you're sweaty and uncomfortable.
                            LOL, keep thinking that.

I lived in the high desert area of Idaho for about 10 years, and my parents never got A/C.

While you are spot on if you are sleeping outside, especially on a clear night- people seem to forget that you house actually warms up, and retains much of that heat while you are trying to sleep. So while it may be nice and cool at 4am, it's not so nice at 10pm.

Still- I don't see that many reasons to get Arizona out of the NHL anymore. Too many people moved there for them to be ignored, even if they don't like hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I thought you were going to Santa Fe? Or did that turn out to have too many trust fund turds for you?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                LOL, keep thinking that.

I lived in the high desert area of Idaho for about 10 years, and my parents never got A/C.

While you are spot on if you are sleeping outside, especially on a clear night- people seem to forget that you house actually warms up, and retains much of that heat while you are trying to sleep. So while it may be nice and cool at 4am, it's not so nice at 10pm.
                                I don't think that, I know that. I lived in Colorado for 18 years and I never had trouble sleeping. We never had A/C either, but we did have windows that opened. Any heat the built up during the day dissipated quickly.

Still- I don't see that many reasons to get Arizona out of the NHL anymore. Too many people moved there for them to be ignored, even if they don't like hockey.
                                I'm reminded of the joke that was going around when a team was put in Florida. They said that hockey would be successful because of all he Canadians that had retired to Florida. Then they found out that the reason that they moved to Florida was that they hated hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X