Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

SHUT UP Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      SHUT UP Gary

Comment

Shut up, Gary!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Nashville booing Bettman. They really are a hockey town.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Ron Hainsey, Scott Wilson, Chad Ruhwedel... congrats
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I didn't have a favorite team in the SCF, but it's a kick to see how many college players are on the Pittsburgh roster and the number of minutes they play.
              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Ron Hainsey, Scott Wilson, Chad Ruhwedel... congrats
                I knew Hainsey was a Lowell man, but hadn't heard of the other two, which goes to show you how little attention I pay to HEA hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Far better, an eloquent young man echoes all our thoughts on Mad Mike.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Far better, an eloquent young man echoes all our thoughts on Mad Mike.
                    I don't get to see too much of the NHL these days, so I don't much care about Milbury one way or the other. The PBP guy they have on NBC, while enthusiastic, just rots the brain. He's trying to be too cute, and then starts getting behind on the call.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I don't get to see too much of the NHL these days, so I don't much care about Milbury one way or the other. The PBP guy they have on NBC, while enthusiastic, just rots the brain. He's trying to be too cute, and then starts getting behind on the call.
                      At least some of the NBCers seem to actually appreciate the game.

The problem with ESPN was they actively despised hockey and just used it as a loss leader to advertise the sh-t programming they did care about.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        At least some of the NBCers seem to actually appreciate the game.
                        And that goes a long, long way. But I still watched the game with good portions of it with the volume turned way down.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          My initial thought too. However, when I thought about it some I realized it really is just Hockey 101. Knowing Bettman is Dooshbag is like knowing that when the puck goes in the net it's a goal, not a touchdown.
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

Final breakdown of scoring in the playoffs by the nationality of the player.

Canada 176 39.2%
                            Austria 4 0.9%
                            US 124 27.6%
                            Czech 8 1.8%
                            Sweden 77 17.1%
                            Norway 4 0.9%
                            Russia 29 6.5%
                            Finland 10 2.2%
                            Swiss 8 1.8%
                            Germany 7 1.6%
                            Denmark 1 0.2%
                            Slovakia 1 0.2%
                            449 100.0%

Comment

So does anyone still think Toews is better than Crosby?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                So does anyone still think Toews is better than Crosby?
                                I've heard a few people say they would pick Toews over Crosby to be on their team, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Toews is a better hockey player. Other than some of the rabid HFboards Hawks fans, there are not a lot of Toews haters out there. Crosby had a lot of them from the moment he hit the NHL ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X