Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Given Sid's history, I bet it will be longer than a game.
    Well, yes. But that's all that's been announced by the team. He'll be "day to day" after that, because that's the hockey thing to do.

Comment

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      Well, yes. But that's all that's been announced by the team. He'll be "day to day" after that, because that's the hockey thing to do.
      So the next follow up question- will the Pens push for a suspension?

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Isn't there a mandatory 7 day rest period if you have a concussion??
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          Sid officially out for game 4, concussion. Sheary as well.
          This is what, his fourth or fifth diagnosed concussion while in the NHL? Plus those "upper body" or "flu" days that may have been concussions? Plus however many diagnosed and undiagnosed in the QMJHL?

As much as I may dislike the kid, he doesn't deserve to go through this.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            This is what, his fourth or fifth diagnosed concussion while in the NHL? Plus those "upper body" or "flu" days that may have been concussions? Plus however many diagnosed and undiagnosed in the QMJHL?

Yeah I hate Sid, but what niskanen did sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              mookie's fault for calling him the best player in the game.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I wonder how much he is considering retirement for the sake of his life post-hockey. It certainly isn't causing him issues as far as performance on the ice, but CTE is a scary thing.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Good grief, Collins. It's a minor miracle that didn't turn into an inside-the-park job there.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Say what you want, but I'm enjoying this Predators/Blues game. Goalies putting on a show, and some good hard playoff hockey being played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Yeah I hate Sid, but what niskanen did sucked.
                      I think that's a reactionary play by Niskanen. He is more focused on the puck and not getting taken out low by Crosby. Press the stick out to kinda push/stop Crosby's momentum but with Crosby going down it ends up getting him in the head.

Comment

Which Penguin gets the honor of going after Niskainen tonight?

If the Penguins call up that goon from Wilkes Barre, we could be looking at Charleston - Syracuse.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Which Penguin gets the honor of going after Niskainen tonight?

If the Penguins call up that goon from Wilkes Barre, we could be looking at Charleston - Syracuse.
                          If I'm Pittsburgh, I'm not sure a never-ending parade to the penalty box is what I'd be shooting for. Pretty quick way to get Washington back into this series.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                            I think that's a reactionary play by Niskanen. He is more focused on the puck and not getting taken out low by Crosby. Press the stick out to kinda push/stop Crosby's momentum but with Crosby going down it ends up getting him in the head.
                            That's kind of how I felt. I didn't think it had malicious intent.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I agree as well, hate seeing the result (as much as most of us may or may not care for Sid, he's a phenomenal talent), but truly feel Niskanen had no intentions of trying to behead Sid.

Figure he had to decide to swap assignments from (guy at right side of net, forget who) to Sid in a split second, then a split second after that, Sid is going down and into La La land.

Comment

Very nice acting by the Pens dude in the final 2 mins to draw the penalty.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X