Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Nah, Jimmy wasn't a mandatory protection. Only has a modified NTC, he could have been exposed.
    Hmm, I must've read the wrong source.

Mrazek's first year starting was pretty good, but this past season was a big step backward for him. Of course, not having much of a real defense back there didn't help him, but he let in plenty of softies all on his own.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 06-19-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Mrazek's first year starting was pretty good, but this past season was a big step backward for him. Of course, not having much of a real defense back there didn't help him, but he let in plenty of softies all on his own.
      This year was a complete anomaly when looking at his numbers, going back a few years, even prior to his time in the minors. So I don't know what happened this year.

Either way, this team needs a complete rebuild, and Holland isn't the guy to do it.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

With Howard being injured it was Mrazek's chance to take the reigns and run. He started to, but then stumbled badly. Coreau at times looked better than Mrazek or Howard. Absolutely a good portion of the downfall can be explained on bad defense. But the other good portion were all his fault.

Howard will be 34 when his contract expires. He'll either sign a very friendly deal to close out his career as a Red Wing (an Osgood type deal) or he'll hit the open market (likely looking toward playing near home for Buffalo, NYR, TML, etc.).

He still has a few years of starting in him (if he can remain healthy), and can prolong his career by being a capable backup. Who would have thought Kari Lehtonen would have squeeked out an extra seven years of his career (and counting!) after the troubles he had in Atlanta.

*edit* And I'm totally saving up for a Kari Lehtonen Golden Knights jersey or a Darren Helm Golden Knights jersey
        Last edited by aparch; 06-19-2017, 03:13 PM.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Per the Detroit News:

Defense: Danny DeKeyser, Mike Green and Nick Jensen,

Forwards: Justin Abdelkader, Andreas Athanasiou, Anthony Mantha, Frans Nielsen, Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar and Henrik Zetterberg
          ....why?
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Did you mean to bold Justin Abdelkader by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Did you mean to bold Justin Abdelkader by chance?
              Nah, I was looking at this first and wondered why you wouldn't expose a 36 year old making $6 million who has broken 50 points twice in the last 5 seasons. Abdelkader has to protected because of Holland's "briliance".
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Nah, I was looking at this first and wondered why you wouldn't expose a 36 year old making $6 million who has broken 50 points twice in the last 5 seasons. Abdelkader has to protected because of Holland's "briliance".
                Well Helm has an NTC but was (apparently) asked to waive it and was exposed to the expansion draft.

Or 4thPeriod has bad info.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Well Helm has an NTC but was (apparently) asked to waive it and was exposed to the expansion draft.

Or 4thPeriod has bad info.
                  Bad info. NTC doesn't factor into protection. Only NMC requires a protection slot or the player waives it to be exposed.

Comment

Hossa will miss all of next season with a skin condition that will prevent him from playing due to medication concerns.

Comment

Here are the new Las Vegas unis:

http://deadspin.com/the-vegas-golden...ium=socialflow
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        Ugly.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Ugly.
                          I agree. They're horrible.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            They're not great, but they could be a lot worse.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Wouldn't be so bad if they toned down the arm-piping.

Comment

I feel they're missing a chance to put in L in the negative space along with a V. Like maybe move it to the right some so that the space left of the helmet is an L with nothing to the right.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X