Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    We're almost exactly opposites. After the Isles (stop laughing) it's:

1. Canada (yes, Winnipeg counts)
    2. Original 6
    3. Pre-1980 and haven't moved since then
    4. North of 40N Lat
    5. Not FL or CA

So currently:

1. EDM
    1. MON
    1. OTT
    1. TOR
    5. BOS
    5. NYR
    7. PIT
    7. STL
    7. WAS
    10. MIN
    11. NSH
    12. ANA
    12. SJ
    Obviously I'd like the Wild make it to the finals, but assuming their hill is too great to climb, personally I'd love to see an Edmonton/Toronto final. Some really good, young players, playing a fast-paced form of hockey in front of a couple of pretty hockey mad crowds. I think it'd be a lot more entertaining than say Pittsburgh/San Jose again.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

You maple suckers disgust me
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        You maple suckers disgust me
        Best sweaters in the game:

1. Leafs
        2. Habs
        3. North Stars (defunct)
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I just want to see teams win who A) play a fun style of hockey, not some riff on a Jacques Lemaire inspired game, and B) don't have overly obnoxious jerks for fans.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            and B) don't have overly obnoxious jerks for fans.
            Well, that lets out the east coast any anybody who has a Cup in the last 10 years.

Who plays the most fun hockey of the teams remaining? I think I've seen 240 total minutes of non-playoff NHL hockey since 1994.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

1. Leafs
              2. Habs
              3. North Stars (defunct)
              Add the classic Rangers.

Third jerseys need to be burned.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                and B) don't have overly obnoxious jerks for fans.
                We're hockey fans. It's what we do.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Well, that lets out the east coast any anybody who has a Cup in the last 10 years.

Who plays the most fun hockey of the teams remaining? I think I've seen 240 total minutes of non-playoff NHL hockey since 1994.
                  The Oilers are the most entertaining team in the West. The Capitals or Penguins in the East. The Penguins/Jackets series was a 1980's type series.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                    The Oilers are the most entertaining team in the West. The Capitals or Penguins in the East. The Penguins/Jackets series was a 1980's type series.
                    That's why if the Wild don't make it I'm rooting for the Penguins to repeat or the Capitals to breath through. They at least play hockey the way it's supposed to be played.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      That's why if the Wild don't make it I'm rooting for the Penguins to repeat or the Capitals to breath through. They at least play hockey the way it's supposed to be played.
                      The Preds/Hawks series looked like the dead puck era. It was painful too watch for many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                        The Preds/Hawks series looked like the dead puck era. It was painful too watch for many reasons.
                        On the same topic, the Minnesota-St. Louis series has been pretty unwatchable.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          On the same topic, the Minnesota-St. Louis series has been pretty unwatchable.
                          St. Louis has been unwatchable for a few years. Pretty good teams over the years, but they play the most boring style. A Pred/Blues series is going to be completely unwatchable.

The NHL is much better off with Hitchcock retiring....and then I google him and find out the Stars hired this man....unreal.
                          Last edited by bucky15; 04-21-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Add the classic Rangers
                            The one with R A N G E R S diagonally is beautiful. As with almost everything, simpler is better. This is lovely. This is dogsh-t.

Third jerseys need to be burned.
                            We get a respite for one year.

Afterwards I'm sure they'll be sh-t again. Sports merc is a license to take stupid people's money, and third jerseys are the biggest scam around.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-21-2017, 11:10 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

1. Leafs
                              2. Habs
                              3. North Stars (defunct)
                              Any list that doesn't have Blackhawks #1 is invalid (Best uni in sports.)

1. Hawks
                              2. Rangers
                              3. Leafs
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                I'll bet Hawks fans over on hfboards are eating their young.

Too scared to go over there. I can only imagine the carnage. Fargo*-esque, I'm sure.

*The show, not the city.

Blackhawks Hockey: Complete and Utter Ineptitude
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X