Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Sharks resign Vlasic for 8 years (7 AAV), Jones for 6 (5.75 AAV).
    Last edited by bronconick; 07-01-2017, 12:12 PM.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Trevor Daley to the Wings. 3 years, $9.534 mil.
      Luke Witkowski reunites with DeKeyser in Detroit. 1yr-750k
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Sharks resign Vlasic for 8 years (7 AAV), Jones for 6 (5.75 AAV).
        That Jones contract is pretty bad.

Comment

Luke Witkowski reunites with DeKeyser in Detroit. 1yr-750k
          I don't expect he'll play much D in D-town. Probably going to be used more as a 4th line energy guy. He seemed relatively effective in that role when he got minutes in Tampa this past year.

Comment

Trevor Daley to the Wings. 3 years, $9.534 mil.
            That's NPB, when you consider our other veterans on D after this season will likely be Ericsson and DeKeyser.

Comment

Honestly, I think it's a year too long, given his injury history.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Honestly, I think it's a year too long, given his injury history.
                I'm sure Kenny pursued 1-2 years, and was told 3 was the minimum. We're fcked regardless, and beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  That Jones contract is pretty bad.
                  It's a steal on this market. Carey Price stays in Montreal, 8 years, $10.5 million AAV.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    It's a steal on this market. Carey Price stays in Montreal, 8 years, $10.5 million AAV.
                    No it really isn't. Just because one team overpaid for an elite goalie with injury history until he's 38 doesn't mean the Sharks need to overpay for a more average one. And for the record some team was gonna overpay Price, I get it, but that team is screwed unless they can somehow find a team like AZ to take on the ****ty contract. Especially when guys like Enroth could probably get you close to average goaltending and acquiring someone like Grubauer in a trade (he's RFA) prob wouldn't cost you much.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

@TSNHockey: BREAKING: @MapleLeafs sign F Patrick Marleau to three-year, $18.75M contract. http://www.tsn.ca/1.795020 #TSNHockey
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

@TSNHockey: BREAKING: @MapleLeafs sign F Patrick Marleau to three-year, $18.75M contract. http://www.tsn.ca/1.795020 #TSNHockey
                        3 years with a full NTC at 37. Whoa.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YESSSSS! I like it. He's got a relationship with Babcock and Team Canada, he can still play and he and Domenic Moore will be leaders in the room and on the ice
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

3 years with a full ntc at 37. Whoa.
                            lol

Comment

Capitals - the Washington Nationals of the NHL.

@Capitals: BREAKING! #Caps have re-signed center @Kuzya92 to an eight-year, $62.4 million contract. #RockTheRed
                              Full Details: https://capitalstoday.monumentalspor...geny-kuznetsov
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                3 years with a full NTC at 37. Whoa.
                                Won't be surprised if the Leafs trade JVR in a package for a top for D-man
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X