Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

And my bracket is officially farked.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      And my bracket is officially farked.
      Mine too.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Isn't Anaheim the #2 West seed?
        That would be the Wild
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Preds/Blues?

That should set hockey back at least 30 years.

Comment

One fake team gone. Nice win, Oilers.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If this really is the end of the Thornton Era it seems oddly poetic that it was bookended by playoff losses to the Edmonton Oilers.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                If this really is the end of the Thornton Era...
                Wait...Thornton's getting traded?!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Wait...Thornton's getting traded?!
                  Free agent. Doubtful that they resign him.

Comment

Reports have Kings Assistant John Stevens getting promoted to the big chair. Presser Monday.

Jim Montgomery approached to be an assistant with the same club.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Isn't Anaheim the #2 West seed?
                      Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      That would be the Wild
                      Anahem is the Pacific #1 seed out west. The Wild had the second most points in the West (one more than Anaheim) and were the Central #2 seed out west. Had Anaheim and Minnesota met in the Western Conference finals, Anaheim would have had home ice advantage.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Anahem is the Pacific #1 seed out west. The Wild had the second most points in the West (one more than Anaheim) and were the Central #2 seed out west. Had Anaheim and Minnesota met in the Western Conference finals, Anaheim would have had home ice advantage.
                        Wrong. The Wild would have had home ice advantage. Home ice is by points not seed.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Wrong. The Wild would have had home ice advantage. Home ice is by points not seed.
                          My mistake. You're partially right. Home ice for the Conference Finals and the Stanley Cup is based on points. Home Ice for the first two rounds are based by seed. So yes, the Wild could have had home ice for the Conference Finals had they not choked against the Blues (and presumably not choked against Nashville).
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Usually. But if a UND fan said it, he's right, even if he has to invoke the alternate facts rule. It's like a Trump card.
                            Last edited by burd; 04-23-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

The whole thing is stupid. The NHL needs to get a clue and go back to 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. Write your congressman.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                My mistake. You're partially right. Home ice for the Conference Finals and the Stanley Cup is based on points. Home Ice for the first two rounds are based by seed. So yes, the Wild could have had home ice for the Conference Finals had they not choked against the Blues (and presumably not choked against Nashville).
                                Sure, but that's because of this stupid divisional system they put in that punishes good divisions and rewards bad ones.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X