Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2016.2: An All-Canada Final (Playoffs and Off-season)

Idk if it turned out to be false, they just didn't have enough evidence to prosecute.

Comment

USA will wear Bills-style jerseys for outdoor game at World Juniors.

No word yet on if Canada will wear jerseys inspired by the Rough Riders or the Roughriders. (too bad this joke isn't relevant anymore)
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I didn't hear that. I know he and his lunkhead cousin punched out a cabby over a quarter once.

He seems like a cementhead; a.k.a., a jock.
        He's a combination of Reilly and Jonesy (probably NSFW).
        Last edited by Jimjamesak; 06-14-2017, 05:36 PM.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I've seen worse.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I've seen worse.
            Yeah. They're Pats-level boring. Better than the used-car-lot flag-festooned anal snot they've worn in the past.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We have a trade

The Canadiens acquire Jonathan Drouin + a cond. 6th-round pick (2018) from TBL, in return for M. Sergachev + a cond. 2nd-round pick (2018).
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                We have a trade

The Canadiens acquire Jonathan Drouin + a cond. 6th-round pick (2018) from TBL, in return for M. Sergachev + a cond. 2nd-round pick (2018).
                Tampa has to give up a good player to get the young defenseman they need. Also frees up an expansion slot (Drouin has to be protected) and they likely couldn't afford him. Probably a smart trade both ways, though it will be better for Montreal if Drouin can slide into a center role.

Comment

Phil Housley is the new Sabres coach
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Tampa has to give up a good player to get the young defenseman they need. Also frees up an expansion slot (Drouin has to be protected) and they likely couldn't afford him. Probably a smart trade both ways, though it will be better for Montreal if Drouin can slide into a center role.
                    I think you are right, the expansion draft played a role in this trade.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      Phil Housley is the new Sabres coach
                      I think his last head coaching gig was US U20 team that won the World Juniors. Before that Stillwater Ponies.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

The better question is would I start my team with anyone currently playing for the Minnesota Wild? The answer would be no.
                        There was a story I read, I think on NHL.com, in which Fletcher talked about the draft and the fact that Minnesota doesn't have a first or second round pick this year.

He said that statistics show that if you want to be an average NHL program you must draft two players who will play 100+ NHL games for you each draft. He described that as the "baseline" an NHL team needs to achieve just to be "average." He pointed out that statistic to emphasize the point of later round picks, since he says the Wild and other teams obviously try to get 3 or more players each draft who will play 100+ games for them, so they can be "above average."

So I was bored today and I decided to go back and look at the Wild draft record. In the 17 drafts thus far in their history, they have achieved the "average" of drafting two players who went on to play 100+ games for them six times, none since 2010 when Granlund and Zucker were drafted. Now, in fairness, some of the recent draft picks haven't really had a chance yet. But I don't see a lot of 100+ game NHL candidates out of '11 and '12 other than Brodin and Dumba, respectively.

The Wild drafted "above average" only twice, their first two drafts.

Jonas Brodin is #8 all time in games played for the Wild by a Wild draft pick.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                          I think you are right, the expansion draft played a role in this trade.
                          I think that was probably a secondary/third priority. Salary cap savings/future almost certainly first. I've seen long-term deal figures in the 5.5-6.5 AAV range for Drouin, and TBL have Johnson/Palat as major RFA signings this year, Kucherov on a bridge deal that will need to be PAID soon(ish). Obviously this frees up a protection slot for an arguable secondary priority, most mock's I've seen have Namestnikov or Killorn being plucked from TBL, which are both pretty useful guys. Stevie was able to get his very wanted young stud defenseman, who may be able to step in next season from what I've read.

Drouin has the potential to be an elite player for a long, long time... but I do think this was a smart hockey trade that both sides will be happy with for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            I think that was probably a secondary/third priority. Salary cap savings/future almost certainly first. I've seen long-term deal figures in the 5.5-6.5 AAV range for Drouin, and TBL have Johnson/Palat as major RFA signings this year, Kucherov on a bridge deal that will need to be PAID soon(ish). Obviously this frees up a protection slot for an arguable secondary priority, most mock's I've seen have Namestnikov or Killorn being plucked from TBL, which are both pretty useful guys. Stevie was able to get his very wanted young stud defenseman, who may be able to step in next season from what I've read.

Drouin has the potential to be an elite player for a long, long time... but I do think this was a smart hockey trade that both sides will be happy with for years to come.
                            Signed 6 yrs $33 million. $5.5 AAV
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

ECHL Alaska Aces will relocate to Portland, ME.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

There was a post on FB that said the day Batman died, the Penguins won the Stanley Cup.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X