Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

I was partially right and partially wrong.

https://www.americanbar.org/publicat...acuations.html

As always, it depends upon the State. Some can physically remove you. The US can physically remove you and has during times of war.

In states where they might not have the authority to lock your *** up, they can and probably will bill you.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Has anyone ever been cited for "failure to evacuate"?
      Yes. When we had hurricanes on the island there were always some geniuses on the south shore who didn't want to leave their cracker boxes. For that you got a summons and a fine. That was forty years ago and I assume now they'll also bill your as-s for any costs incurred rescuing you, as well they should.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

More bad news about Harvey.

But I'm sure Texas has top notch emergency infrastructure to deal with the aftermath.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The storm tracks have the nasty thing just sitting there, lollygagging, on the Texas Gulf Coast beach until ... Wednesday.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphi...e_and_wind.png
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The storm tracks have the nasty thing just sitting there, lollygagging, on the Texas Gulf Coast beach until ... Wednesday.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphi...e_and_wind.png
            And potentially longer, depends when the high pressure ridges opposing each other on either side can spin Harvey out of here.

Starting to get outer band rain and gusty wind (30ish) here.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Starting to get outer band rain and gusty wind (30ish) here.
              You're not on one of the four cruise ships that can't port in Galveston, are you?

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...n-11959300.php
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

110?
                I have 110.

120?
                Do I hear 120?
                I have 120.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You're not on one of the four cruise ships that can't port in Galveston, are you?

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...n-11959300.php
                  Nope, at work on an inland towboat.

Comment

Nope, at work on an inland towboat.
                    So ... no ice cream machine and shuffleboard at 3 pm?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Up to 125. This could be a low Cat 4 by the time it lands.

Comment

So ... no ice cream machine and shuffleboard at 3 pm?
                        Nope, but I do have to babysit my equipment and people, daycare is still open

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Up to 125. This could be a low Cat 4 by the time it lands.
                          128kt winds detected in North eye wall, equates to 147 mph.

Comment

Reminds me a little of a slower motion Charley in 2004. Blew up from a 1 to just under a Cat 5 in about 3 hours off the West coast of Florida before making an unexpected right turn into Charlotte Harbor just north of Captiva. People that were willing to ride out a Cat 1 were too late to get out by the time it grew into a monster. Hopefully there has been enough time here for those types of folks to realize this is going to be a bad one and get out.

Good luck 1015, stay safe!
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Nope, but I do have to babysit my equipment and people, daycare is still open
                              The daycare?
                              Which deck is that on?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The daycare?
                                Which deck is that on?
                                The poop deck, duh.

Comment

Working...
                                X