Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Is this because the FL / GA coast is a line so the waves likely hit obliquely while the gulf coast is an arc so the waves more likely hit directly? (If so then Savannah is f-cked.)
    That's a thing, water can pile up in areas like Florida's Big Bend but that's not what I mean. If you go here zoom a bit on Florida, and click Cat 1 vs. Cat 4 or 5 and you'll see the difference. SE Florida has higher ground than the west coast. Move up to South Carolina and you'll see why it's called the low country.

On the two Cat 4's in one season hitting the mainland... 2004 season Florida was hit with 4 major hurricanes. A 5, two 4's and a strong 3 all hit the state as a 4 and three very strong 3's. Massive damage all over. Will have to wait and see if Irma hits and what the strength is.

Most all meteorologists down here are saying essentially what Scott K was, not because Miami is in panic, but because the whole state is still under the gun. Still not sure if it will go east or stretch west. Speed and time of the turn are everything. I'm on the West coast and much less than 200 miles to Miami. Still can easily run over my house.

Really amazing Irma is still at a Cat 5.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

My sister waited almost an hour to get gas this morning at 6:00am.

At least she got some though as many stations are running out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        My sister waited almost an hour to get gas this morning at 6:00am.

At least she got some though as many stations are running out.
        Saw a report that only about 1 in 4 stations have gas in Dade and Broward. Also saw there was gridlock on 75 all the way up past Ocala earlier today. People are taking this thing very seriously which is good. State and local gov seems on top of preparations and erring heavily on the side of caution. My neighborhood is about half empty tonight.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Good news is an exec order will be issued son for hugely amounts of money available for greater Miami to rebuild trump doral (and perhaps other properties)!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Maybe God hates Trump. He has a mansion on St. Martin -- Next up is Mar-Lago.... Don't be surprised if Trump Winery is later in the week!
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Maybe God hates Trump. He has a mansion on St. Martin -- Next up is Mar-Lago.... Don't be surprised if Trump Winery is later in the week!
              According to those who are sommeliers, the winery is pretty good.

If the models are to be believed, Savannah and Hilton Head are in the #2 US bullseye.

The island Baruba looks like it got flattened, While The St. Maarten airport is reported destroyed.
              Last edited by joecct; 09-06-2017, 11:09 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                I haven't had my coffee. Is this a joke?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I haven't had my coffee. Is this a joke?
                  WaPo said it was. But, who am I to judge?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

A quick google search turns up dozens of horrid reviews.

The best review I read was, "It wasn't offensive."
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Sounds like you just don't know joes sommeliers.

Comment

Sis is hearing that people who are leaving now can expect up to 50 hours on the road to get to Georgia.

Last time I drove from the line down to her place, it seemed like 50 hours, but was only 7.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

yah, cause everyone hitting up the innerwebs now are being truthful and honest when it comes to tD

he golf courses in fla will be getting massively hugely funds too!!! ,mulitple waterfalls are a coming (man made in the rebuild! )

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Sis is hearing that people who are leaving now can expect up to 50 hours on the road to get to Georgia.

Last time I drove from the line down to her place, it seemed like 50 hours, but was only 7.
                            those are long, lonely drives

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

If the models are to be believed, Savannah and Hilton Head are in the #2 US bullseye.

The island Baruba looks like it got flattened, While The St. Maarten airport is reported destroyed.
                              STOP LOOKING AT MODELS!!!! THEY ARE WRONG!!!!

;p

wonder how many of the evacuatees are heading to sav/hhi

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                those are long, lonely drives
                                One time we were on spring break and were like "Yeah!! Florida Muthafukas!!!"

6 hours later, we're like... W in T F?

Comment

Working...
                                X