Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Looks like Irma takes a hard right turn as it hits Havana.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Don't look now but there's another ugly storm being predicted by GFS that might hit right after Irma.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Looks like Irma takes a hard right turn as it hits Havana.
        Something something Rafael Cruz, Sr.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, Cat 5. Since we haven't had a disaster in almost two weeks
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Jose also likely to develop within 24-48 hours.

Comment

Harvey
              Irma
              Jose

Given the state of the world, by chance, is the next one named ...

Kim?
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm remembering when gas was real high around '08 that there was article after article about how we had a lack of refinery capacity and the refineries we had we're all pretty old and out of date.

Maybe we decided we didn't need to do anything but it all comes together and full circle with the nuclear waste issue, and the using of trains instead of pipelines, etc. we have in this country. The United States government is asleep at the wheel when it comes to energy policy.

And now our big push is to bring coal back? Oy.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Harvey
                  Irma
                  Jose

Given the state of the world, by chance, is the next one named ...

Kim?
                  Katia. Russian, naturally
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Katia. Russian, naturally
                    100th Anniversary of the Russian Revolution perhaps??
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

So much for 24-48 hours. Jose is official as of the 11 AM AST update. Irma is up to 180 MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        So much for 24-48 hours. Jose is official as of the 11 AM AST update. Irma is up to 180 MPH.
                        The good news is the models are increasing the predicted minimum pressure. It's only going to be in the 890-895 mbar range. Much better than the 880 or even lower slamming into South Beach.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          The good news is the models are increasing the predicted minimum pressure. It's only going to be in the 890-895 mbar range. Much better than the 880 or even lower slamming into South Beach.
                          Those models are completely out to lunch. Most meteorologists knew enough to ignore those. The GFS especially has been horrendous, notably with tropical systems, since it's "upgrade" earlier this summer.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            Those models are completely out to lunch. Most meteorologists knew enough to ignore those. The GFS especially has been horrendous, notably with tropical systems, since it's "upgrade" earlier this summer.
                            Huh? Those are what they use to forecast... They don't just toss chicken bones onto the floor to predict weather.
                            Code:

Comment

Hmm... Euro has Irma as a major Hurricane centered directly over my house Sunday. Happens to be Mrs. McBadgerton's Birthday! Looking more and more like we will be taking one for the team...

Things are moving along down here. Collier County (Naples) has called for voluntary evacuation to get started, schools will close Thursday and Friday. Lee County (Ft Myers, Sanibel, Cape Coral;named after Robert E )hasn't made a call yet but will likely follow suit shortly. With Irma looking like it will move pretty much South to North it's a bit difficult to decide where to go. It will be just be following everyone North. Plus right now Irma is about 300 miles wide. FL is mostly around 150 miles wide. Major hurricane moving up the west coast could be really devastating. NE quadrants are always the worst, and millions of people and lots of low, low land from below Naples up well past Tampa. All that could go well under water.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Hmm... Euro has Irma as a major Hurricane centered directly over my house Sunday. Happens to be Mrs. McBadgerton's Birthday! Looking more and more like we will be taking one for the team...

Things are moving along down here. Collier County (Naples) has called for voluntary evacuation to get started, schools will close Thursday and Friday. Lee County (Ft Myers, Sanibel, Cape Coral;named after Robert E )hasn't made a call yet but will likely follow suit shortly. With Irma looking like it will move pretty much South to North it's a bit difficult to decide where to go. It will be just be following everyone North. Plus right now Irma is about 300 miles wide. FL is mostly around 150 miles wide. Major hurricane moving up the west coast could be really devastating. NE quadrants are always the worst, and millions of people and lots of low, low land from below Naples up well past Tampa. All that could go well under water.
                                My cousin lives in Orlando. After he and his wife batten down the hatches, they're headed for Myrtle Beach. I think Irma is also headed there. His brother lives in Wilmington, NC. That may be in a bullseye, too.

My house is open to them.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X