Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Looks like Irma takes a hard right turn as it hits Havana.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    4 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Lucia Apologist

Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Don't look now but there's another ugly storm being predicted by GFS that might hit right after Irma.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Looks like Irma takes a hard right turn as it hits Havana.
    Something something Rafael Cruz, Sr.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Yep, still here

So, Cat 5. Since we haven't had a disaster in almost two weeks
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Jose also likely to develop within 24-48 hours.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Kichizapi Chetan

Harvey
    Irma
    Jose

Given the state of the world, by chance, is the next one named ...

Kim?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

I'm remembering when gas was real high around '08 that there was article after article about how we had a lack of refinery capacity and the refineries we had we're all pretty old and out of date.

Maybe we decided we didn't need to do anything but it all comes together and full circle with the nuclear waste issue, and the using of trains instead of pipelines, etc. we have in this country. The United States government is asleep at the wheel when it comes to energy policy.

And now our big push is to bring coal back? Oy.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Harvey
    Irma
    Jose

Given the state of the world, by chance, is the next one named ...

Kim?
    Katia. Russian, naturally
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Katia. Russian, naturally
    100th Anniversary of the Russian Revolution perhaps??

So much for 24-48 hours. Jose is official as of the 11 AM AST update. Irma is up to 180 MPH.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    So much for 24-48 hours. Jose is official as of the 11 AM AST update. Irma is up to 180 MPH.
    The good news is the models are increasing the predicted minimum pressure. It's only going to be in the 890-895 mbar range. Much better than the 880 or even lower slamming into South Beach.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The good news is the models are increasing the predicted minimum pressure. It's only going to be in the 890-895 mbar range. Much better than the 880 or even lower slamming into South Beach.
    Those models are completely out to lunch. Most meteorologists knew enough to ignore those. The GFS especially has been horrendous, notably with tropical systems, since it's "upgrade" earlier this summer.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Those models are completely out to lunch. Most meteorologists knew enough to ignore those. The GFS especially has been horrendous, notably with tropical systems, since it's "upgrade" earlier this summer.
    Huh? Those are what they use to forecast... They don't just toss chicken bones onto the floor to predict weather.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Hmm... Euro has Irma as a major Hurricane centered directly over my house Sunday. Happens to be Mrs. McBadgerton's Birthday! Looking more and more like we will be taking one for the team...

Things are moving along down here. Collier County (Naples) has called for voluntary evacuation to get started, schools will close Thursday and Friday. Lee County (Ft Myers, Sanibel, Cape Coral;named after Robert E )hasn't made a call yet but will likely follow suit shortly. With Irma looking like it will move pretty much South to North it's a bit difficult to decide where to go. It will be just be following everyone North. Plus right now Irma is about 300 miles wide. FL is mostly around 150 miles wide. Major hurricane moving up the west coast could be really devastating. NE quadrants are always the worst, and millions of people and lots of low, low land from below Naples up well past Tampa. All that could go well under water.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Hmm... Euro has Irma as a major Hurricane centered directly over my house Sunday. Happens to be Mrs. McBadgerton's Birthday! Looking more and more like we will be taking one for the team...

Things are moving along down here. Collier County (Naples) has called for voluntary evacuation to get started, schools will close Thursday and Friday. Lee County (Ft Myers, Sanibel, Cape Coral;named after Robert E )hasn't made a call yet but will likely follow suit shortly. With Irma looking like it will move pretty much South to North it's a bit difficult to decide where to go. It will be just be following everyone North. Plus right now Irma is about 300 miles wide. FL is mostly around 150 miles wide. Major hurricane moving up the west coast could be really devastating. NE quadrants are always the worst, and millions of people and lots of low, low land from below Naples up well past Tampa. All that could go well under water.
    My cousin lives in Orlando. After he and his wife batten down the hatches, they're headed for Myrtle Beach. I think Irma is also headed there. His brother lives in Wilmington, NC. That may be in a bullseye, too.

My house is open to them.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    4 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

My daughter used to live in Orlando. Thank god she moved to Phoenix; she just saved me the cost of a ticket to fly up to us.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Yet, another reality check on Houston.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

Exactly what is government for? I'm not so sure.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yet, another reality check on Houston.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

Exactly what is government for? I'm not so sure.
    Are you really shocked by this? Money is all that matters, you are old enough to know this by now. The developers got theirs, screw everyone else.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

According to Rush Limbaugh, all you're going to see is a little summer rain and a gentle breeze at worst. This "evacuation" and "dire warnings" are just liberal climate change propaganda bullsh** that red-blooded Americans should ignore.

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Huh? Those are what they use to forecast... They don't just toss chicken bones onto the floor to predict weather.
    And when they have output like that, they get ignored. Trust me on this, the GFS has been absolutely dreadful, especially with tropical cyclones, since it's supposed "upgrade" at the start of the summer. Most meteorologists have been ignoring the intensity output from the GFS with regards to storms, because it is completely unreasonable.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Thread Information