Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

My daughter used to live in Orlando. Thank god she moved to Phoenix; she just saved me the cost of a ticket to fly up to us.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Yet, another reality check on Houston.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

Exactly what is government for? I'm not so sure.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yet, another reality check on Houston.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

Exactly what is government for? I'm not so sure.
        Are you really shocked by this? Money is all that matters, you are old enough to know this by now. The developers got theirs, screw everyone else.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Hmm... Euro has Irma as a major Hurricane centered directly over my house Sunday. Happens to be Mrs. McBadgerton's Birthday! Looking more and more like we will be taking one for the team...

Things are moving along down here. Collier County (Naples) has called for voluntary evacuation to get started, schools will close Thursday and Friday. Lee County (Ft Myers, Sanibel, Cape Coral;named after Robert E )hasn't made a call yet but will likely follow suit shortly. With Irma looking like it will move pretty much South to North it's a bit difficult to decide where to go. It will be just be following everyone North. Plus right now Irma is about 300 miles wide. FL is mostly around 150 miles wide. Major hurricane moving up the west coast could be really devastating. NE quadrants are always the worst, and millions of people and lots of low, low land from below Naples up well past Tampa. All that could go well under water.
          According to Rush Limbaugh, all you're going to see is a little summer rain and a gentle breeze at worst. This "evacuation" and "dire warnings" are just liberal climate change propaganda bullsh** that red-blooded Americans should ignore.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Huh? Those are what they use to forecast... They don't just toss chicken bones onto the floor to predict weather.
            And when they have output like that, they get ignored. Trust me on this, the GFS has been absolutely dreadful, especially with tropical cyclones, since it's supposed "upgrade" at the start of the summer. Most meteorologists have been ignoring the intensity output from the GFS with regards to storms, because it is completely unreasonable.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              According to Rush Limbaugh, all you're going to see is a little summer rain and a gentle breeze at worst. This "evacuation" and "dire warnings" are just liberal climate change propaganda bullsh** that red-blooded Americans should ignore.
              Good. His listeners should go out on the water to test their faith, like snake handlers.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Hmm... Euro has Irma as a major Hurricane centered directly over my house Sunday. Happens to be Mrs. McBadgerton's Birthday! Looking more and more like we will be taking one for the team...

Things are moving along down here. Collier County (Naples) has called for voluntary evacuation to get started, schools will close Thursday and Friday. Lee County (Ft Myers, Sanibel, Cape Coral;named after Robert E )hasn't made a call yet but will likely follow suit shortly. With Irma looking like it will move pretty much South to North it's a bit difficult to decide where to go. It will be just be following everyone North. Plus right now Irma is about 300 miles wide. FL is mostly around 150 miles wide. Major hurricane moving up the west coast could be really devastating. NE quadrants are always the worst, and millions of people and lots of low, low land from below Naples up well past Tampa. All that could go well under water.
                Jebus....good luck.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Huh? Those are what they use to forecast... They don't just toss chicken bones onto the floor to predict weather.
                  That's what you say trebeck

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

How does mookie forecast? Tea leaves, chicken bones, or camel dung?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Overnight model runs have shifted east a bit, and NHC advisory reflecting about a half step until future models show consistency.

Good news for me and Wisko on the gulf coast, but I have a good friend in Freeport Bahamas and others up the eastern seaboard that could see it now. Kinda torn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        Jebus....good luck.
                        Thanks! ...Wow... Perhaps I should consider taking take back some of the many, many awful things I've said about gophers over the years....

Ok... I've considered it ------> Nope!
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Overnight model runs have shifted east a bit, and NHC advisory reflecting about a half step until future models show consistency.

Good news for me and Wisko on the gulf coast, but I have a good friend in Freeport Bahamas and others up the eastern seaboard that could see it now. Kinda torn.
                          Hope you're still in TX? Or are you hustling back to catch a piece of Irma too? Sheesh... what luck.

Stores out of water, gas stations out of gas in much of S FL as everybody is getting ready. Fortunately the big run started early enough that resupply will probably get in well before the storm. Pretty much everything is closing Thursday and Friday in SW Florida. A better shift overnight for the West coast, but we're all pretty reluctant to feel better about Irma as the track has shifted back and forth every day. When will it Turn? Bermuda high shifts east and the high over the US sinks lower and Irma heads North between them... Where that will exactly be located is anyone's guess yet and 100 miles could make a huge difference.

And yeah... my house not getting crushed might mean two or three others some place else get it. Hard to feel good about these shifts either way. I personally know a number of people who have/will head toward South Carolina... today Irma may follow... tomorrow who knows? For most of the locals in S. FL I'd say the current anxiety is pretty high, but it's caused as much by uncertainty as anything else. If some body just could say "Here's what's going to happen." everybody could just get on with going about their plan and would feel a bit better.

Going to go put on the hurricane shutters this morning. Barring a major change, currently planning on heading North tomorrow.

Edit: Oh and one more thing, current NHC has the 5 day eye centered just a few miles west of Okeechobee which is held back by the Herbert Hoover dike. Everyone knows the dike is in need of repair... Biggest disaster here was in 1928 when the San Felipe hurricane drown nearly 2000 people after the western dike was smashed... A similar failure now would be an unimaginable catastrophic disaster.
                          Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 09-06-2017, 07:05 AM.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Good luck Wisko.

My sister is in Boca. I've told her she is welcome and can even bring the cat, but she's gonna ride it out. She's been through a few of these including Andrew, so I guess she knows what to expect.

Hoping for the best for all concerned.

See that St. John and St. Thomas may be in the path or at least are gonna get a close shave.

Comment

For my friends and family in Puerto Rico, the slight shift to the north looks promising.

But I feel for friends we have made in St Maarten. They are right in the eye for the last broadcast I saw in TWC. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Thanks! ...Wow... Perhaps I should consider taking take back some of the many, many awful things I've said about gophers over the years....

Ok... I've considered it ------> Nope!
                                I can neither confirm nor deny I was wishing Irma luck.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X