Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Hockey Administrators to western fans: Drop Dead

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Michigan Tech abandoned the WCHA following the 1980-1981 season to go to the CCHA. The Huskies then left the CCHA high and dry following the 1983-1984 season to head back to the WCHA.
    I'll never forgive them for this traitorous action. In fact I'll make snarky remarks forever about it.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      I'll never forgive them for this traitorous action. In fact I'll make snarky remarks forever about it.
      Am I correct that if Tech leaving the WCHA was a traitorous act than UMD leaving was also a traitorous act?

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Am I correct that if Tech leaving the WCHA was a traitorous act than UMD leaving was also a traitorous act?

Sean
        I think he was referring to Tech coming back to the WCHA.

Or, it could have something to do with the fact that many Tech fans treat the latest round of conference realignment as the greatest form of treason since Benedict Arnold yet somehow overlook that their program is arguably the biggest traitor program in the history of college hockey.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
          I'm still not over what they did in the 80's to comment about UMD did in 2011.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            I think he was referring to Tech coming back to the WCHA.

Or, it could have something to do with the fact that many Tech fans treat the latest round of conference realignment as the greatest form of treason since Benedict Arnold yet somehow overlook that their program is arguably the biggest traitor program in the history of college hockey.
            Notre Dame is about to be in their 4th different conference in 36 years. And for about a decade of that they weren't even in D-I.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Notre Dame is about to be in their 4th different conference in 36 years. And for about a decade of that they weren't even in D-I.
              Good addition to the Traitor Program Hall of Fame! We have Michigan Tech, the leader and original traitor of the group, and Notre Dame. Congratulations! Your programs have screwed over their college hockey brethren like no other.
              North Dakota

Comment

I'm still not over what they did in the 80's to comment about UMD did in 2011.
                It should also be noted that Michigan Tech was one of the catalysts for the breakup of the original WCHA (the WIHL) back in 1958. While Duluth wasn't in the league yet, I'm sure that must have stung as well.

Michigan Tech: Screwing over their conference brothers since 1958.
                North Dakota

Comment

I do find it a bit ironic that Michigan Tech fans get so upset about conference realignment when their program not once, but twice torpedoed its conference for what it perceived as greener pastures.
                  Not making any comment on how Tech fans feel and the merits of those feelings -

Comparing Tech's moves between the WCHA and CCHA to what happened with the formation of the NCHC is colossally stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

Comparing Tech's moves between the WCHA and CCHA to what happened with the formation of the NCHC is colossally stupid.
                    The feelings of the Tech fans are well documented on this forum, but don't make any comment on the merits of those feelings. So tell us about the moves that prompted Tech to change conferences twice in three years so that we can see how stupid the comparison is.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

It should also be noted that Michigan Tech was one of the catalysts for the breakup of the original WCHA (the WIHL) back in 1958. While Duluth wasn't in the league yet, I'm sure that must have stung as well.

Michigan Tech: Screwing over their conference brothers since 1958.
                      I'm just glad the MIAC still survives after UMD left in the late 50's...

Notre Dame even dropped their program which is an insult to the whole game of hockey. They should be the founding member of the Traitor Hall of Fame.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Yeah, so? That's the fun!
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

You would agree that Tech's decisions to torpedo the WIHL back in 1958, abandon the WCHA in 1981, and then leave the CCHA high and dry in 1984 were all likely made based on what the Michigan Tech program felt was in its best interest, correct?

You would also agree that the NCHC programs' decision to create a new conference in the wake of the Big Ten Hockey Conference's formation was also likely made based on what the NCHC programs felt was in their best interest, correct?

I know I know...so colossally stupid though right?
                          North Dakota

Comment

I'm just glad the MIAC still survives after UMD left in the late 50's...

Notre Dame even dropped their program which is an insult to the whole game of hockey. They should be the founding member of the Traitor Hall of Fame.
                            Michigan Tech is like the Babe Ruth of the Traitor Program Hall of Fame. They were the original traitors and yet have the insane treachery numbers to back up their spot as the founding member. Notre Dame is more like a Hank Aaron. They ultimately surpassed Michigan Tech's raw treachery numbers (although, unlike the baseball analogy, Michigan Tech's and Notre Dame's traitorous exploits could continue to haunt their conference brethren for years to come), but still don't have the cache of Michigan Tech's treachery.

It is a close call though, and i'm not sure if you can really go wrong with either choice.
                            North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Michigan Tech is like the Babe Ruth of the Traitor Program Hall of Fame. They were the original traitors and yet have the insane treachery numbers to back up their spot as the founding member. Notre Dame is more like a Hank Aaron. They ultimately surpassed Michigan Tech's raw treachery numbers (although, unlike the baseball analogy, Michigan Tech's and Notre Dame's traitorous exploits could continue to haunt their conference brethren for years to come), but still don't have the cache of Michigan Tech's treachery.

It is a close call though, and i'm not sure if you can really go wrong with either choice.
                              So why don't you start subtracting points from your Greatest Programs of All-Time list? And don't forget to dock every team from Hockey East, NMU for their triple jump from CCHA to WCHA and back again, Michigan and MSU for their departures from the WCHA and CCHA...

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                So why don't you start subtracting points from your Greatest Programs of All-Time list? And don't forget to dock every team from Hockey East, NMU for their triple jump from CCHA to WCHA and back again, Michigan and MSU for their departures from the WCHA and CCHA...
                                Because I don't really care if a program does what it perceives is in its best interests. I am tired though of some Michigan Tech posters who blame the NCHC for all the world's ills, when their own program is arguably one of the worst offenders of conference treason in the history of the sport. Then it just became sort of fun to roll with it.

Now, there are others, including Biddco, who are still really hurt by Michigan Tech's atrocities, and having a Traitor Program Hall of Fame might be a little therapeutic.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X