NCAA Hockey Administrators to western fans: Drop Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Sioux Falls is an interesting site. Both Mankato and St. Cloud are closer to Sioux Falls than Grand Forks is. If it works as a site, perhaps there could be a different host school in future years.

And it's a nice new building.
    300 miles straight south on I-29 from Grand Forks. Hop skip and a jump and you are there.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Re: NCAA Hockey Administrators to western fans: Drop Dead

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      How could the NCAA allow to have it at SIOUX Falls?
      Well, the Frozen Four host site was full of ... that kind of logo ... this year.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        Being able to serve alcohol has zero to do with whether it is on campus or not.
        That's also not what I said.

Its not worth getting into...
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I'm from Denver and I'm not even mad. Saw this coming from a mile away.

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          300 miles straight south on I-29 from Grand Forks. Hop skip and a jump and you are there.
          Let's not get ahead of ourselves and assume that North Dakota will actually be there next year...

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            So Bemidji State bids to host at the DECC (UMD) or NHC (SCSU) or REA (UND)?
            No, the NCAA forbids men's basketball from having the school in their host regional. That is to say if UConn hosts basketball in Hartford they can't play in hartford
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Being able to serve alcohol has zero to do with whether it is on campus or not.
              Yeah, turned out years ago this was a misnomer

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                Humourously Lowell and BU could bid for their home arena's to host, as neither is legally "on campus"
                Considering that UML now owns the arena outright and that it is contiguously connected to East Campus, I'd be inclined to argue otherwise.

Comment

I understand his issues, I am simply pointing out the obvious answer which might hurt his feelings. Notre Dame got to host at Compton 2 years ago. Nothing is stopping Duluth from bidding for a home regional, I would bet good money (or beer) that they would have received it had they bid.
                  They did put a bid to host at Amsoil for either 2013 or 2014 but did not win. Having the top four seeds host regionals would be the best set up but obviously legistics are difficult for the arena (holding a weekend open, locker rooms, facilities, etc)

I am starting to wonder if because of the lack of quality neutral sites and ticket sales that the coaches will be looking to change the format for regionals. We are starting to see a rotation for the same places and few changes out west as well.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                    Considering that UML now owns the arena outright and that it is contiguously connected to East Campus, I'd be inclined to argue otherwise.
                    Also why I posted what I did... it was long argued that "no alcohol" was because the school put it on the campus map.

No, it's because a previous chancellor wanted to not deal with student drinking.

It was never a NCAA provision.

New chancellor comes in (Marty) changes it.... eventually gets the school to buy the arena

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      They did put a bid to host at Amsoil for either 2013 or 2014 but did not win. Having the top four seeds host regionals would be the best set up but obviously legistics are difficult for the arena (holding a weekend open, locker rooms, facilities, etc)

I am starting to wonder if because of the lack of quality neutral sites and ticket sales that the coaches will be looking to change the format for regionals. We are starting to see a rotation for the same places and few changes out west as well.
                      Six teams was perfection, honestly. Two games a night for two nights. Enough to entice locals, no worry about a three day session... two regionals likely hosted in populated places

Everything else has been down wind of that

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Check your map. Pierre is in the middle; Sioux Falls is closer to IA, MN, and NE than it is to ND.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Si...!4d-96.7311034

Food for thought:
                        UND (host) to "Hawks" Falls -- 320 miles
                        Allentown (Midwest Regional) to Worcester (NE Regional) -- 275 miles, and Bridgeport (East) is on the road in between.
                        Thanks for the geography lesson, I didn't know that. I also definitely wasn't using the phrase "in the middle of" in a tongue-in-cheek slang manner.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

- but yeah, they require teetotalism but sell alcohol outside the arena for 5 hours before the game starts at Frozen Fest. Hypocrites.
                          Or inside the arena if you spring for a "hospitality package".
                          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Check your map. Pierre is in the middle; Sioux Falls is closer to IA, MN, and NE than it is to ND.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Si...!4d-96.7311034

Food for thought:
                            UND (host) to "Hawks" Falls -- 320 miles
                            Allentown (Midwest Regional) to Worcester (NE Regional) -- 275 miles, and Bridgeport (East) is on the road in between.
                            If you've ever driven on that road you would know that it would be quicker to drive from Allentown to Fargo in the time it takes to go from Hartford to NYC. Or Bridgeport to NYC.

Comment

That's also not what I said.

Its not worth getting into...
                              Are you saying the University said the rink wasn't on campus and that's why they got the liquor license? Because that's incorrect as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                If you've ever driven on that road you would know that it would be quicker to drive from Allentown to Fargo in the time it takes to go from Hartford to NYC. Or Bridgeport to NYC.
                                Sadly, you are correct. :-(
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X