Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #60

Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #60

Thanks to SFIS, UML Puck Hawk, and Shirtless Guy for submitting their May 15, 2017 summaries. I have spoken with Snively65 already about the Atlantic Hockey summaries, but I have not received or heard from drshoen (Princeton's summary) or gfmorris (Alaska's summary). Please submit your summaries as soon as possible. Thanks, and #56 should be posted today.

Also, please remember the next deadline is:

May 29, 2017:
    Atlantic Hockey (Snively65) - RIT
    Big Ten (SFIS) - Ohio State
    ECAC (drshoen) - Brown
    Hockey East (UML Puck Hawk) - Vermont, Massachusetts Lowell, and Northeastern
    NCHC (SFIS)- Nebraska Omaha and St. Cloud State
    WCHA (gfmorris/Shirtless Guy) - Minnesota State and Bemidji State

Please submit your summaries on time to ensue the smooth reveal.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Thanks to SFIS, UML Puck Hawk, and Shirtless Guy for submitting their May 15, 2017 summaries. I have spoken with Snively65 already about the Atlantic Hockey summaries, but I have not received or heard from drshoen (Princeton's summary) or gfmorris (Alaska's summary). Please submit your summaries as soon as possible. Thanks, and #56 should be posted today.

May 29, 2017:
    ECAC (drshoen) - Brown

You'll have it today! Sorry
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

clarkson 1990

May 29, 2017:
    ECAC (drshoen) - Brown

That's strange, I sent Princeton and Brown via email (through the USCHO link in your profile) a while ago. Not sure why they didn't go through. Can you email me (drshoen@aol.com) and I'll reply?
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Quote Originally Posted by drshoen View Post
    That's strange, I sent Princeton and Brown via email (through the USCHO link in your profile) a while ago. Not sure why they didn't go through. Can you email me (drshoen@aol.com) and I'll reply?
    Sometimes USCHO messages go to my junk mail folder, so that may have been what happened. I just sent you an email, and thanks for your quick response.
    North Dakota

#56 Connecticut Huskies
    Points Earned in 2016-2017: 0.0233 (Rank: 39)
    Points Earned in Past Five Seasons: 0.2215 (Rank: 53)
    Last Season Ranking: #55

UConn entered the 2016-17 looking to take a step forward. Returning Sophomores Tage Thompson an Max Letunov led the team in scoring as freshman and offered hope that increased scoring and steady goaltending from Rob Nichols. Wins over three of the top four teams in Hockey East including a three point weekend against Lowell highlighted the season, but a disappointing showing out of conference including a loss on the road to AIC proved to be too much to overcome. Letunov and Thompson both regressed a bit on the offensive front and Thompson will seek greener pastures likely splitting time between the NHL and AHL come next season. UConn returns promising Freshman goalie Adam Huska, who along with Letunov will hope to make UConn into a contender for home ice in the first round. UML Puck Hawk
    North Dakota

#55 Canisius Golden Griffins
    Points Earned in 2016-2017: 0.6437 (Rank: 19)
    Points Earned in Past Five Seasons: 1.2049 (Rank: 43)
    Last Season Ranking: #54

Canisius was the most improved team in the AHC this past season (21-11-7 vs 12-22-5), edged out Air Force by a point for the regular season AHC championship, and finished the season with a 17-game unbeaten streak before losing 6-2 to Robert Morris in the AHC tourney semifinals. The Golden Griffins (25th in PWR) only won one OOC game, but four of their five OOC losses were away at North Dakota and Penn State. Assistant Coach Trevor Large the past three seasons replaces Head Coach Dave Smith, who becomes Head Coach at Rensselaer. Canisius is losing only two seniors to graduation, but one of them is their goalie and Hobey top 10 candidate Charles Williams (0.943 SV% and 1.82 GAA). Another season like the past one should move up the Golden Griffins in these rankings. Snively65
    North Dakota

Fighting Sioux Fan Forever

#55 – Canisius Golden Griffins
    Points Earned in 2016-2017: 0.6437 (Rank: 19)
    Points Earned in Past Five Seasons: 1.2049 (Rank: 43)
    Last Season Ranking: #54

Canisius was the most improved team in the AHC this past season (21-11-7 vs 12-22-5), edged out Air Force by a point for the regular season AHC championship, and finished the season with a 17-game unbeaten streak before losing 6-2 to Robert Morris in the AHC tourney semifinals. The Golden Griffins (25th in PWR) only won one OOC game, but four of their five OOC losses were away at North Dakota and Penn State. Assistant Coach Trevor Large the past three seasons replaces Head Coach Dave Smith, who becomes Head Coach at Rensselaer. Canisius is losing only two seniors to graduation, but one of them is their goalie and Hobey top 10 candidate Charles Williams (0.943 SV% and 1.82 GAA). Another season like the past one should move up the Golden Griffins in these rankings. – Snively65
    Surprising that they moved down from last year with a 20+ win season.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Surprising that they moved down from last year with a 20+ win season.
    Pretty easy to see why when a team below them won a conference, made the tournament and won a game in it...

#54 Army West Point Black Knights
    Points Earned in 2016-2017: 0.0019 (Rank: 43)
    Points Earned in Past Five Seasons: 0.3154 (Rank: 50)
    Last Season Ranking: #53

Army West Point continued to improve this past season (18-14-5 vs 14-15-9), recording their first winning record since the 2007-2008 season when the Black Knights were 19-14-4. Army tied with Robert Morris for third place in the AHC regular season, once again made it to the AHC tourney, and once again got knocked out in the semifinals, this time 1-0 by Air Force, which went on to win the tourney. In their five OOC games, the Black Knights (36th in PWR) were 1-2-2, with a win and tie against Colgate and a tie at Dartmouth. Army is only losing five to graduation, but one of those five is goalie Parker Gahagen (0.934 SV%, 2.00 GAA), who logged over 2000 minutes in goal each of the past two seasons. With 10 of their 12 top scorers returning, the Black Knights should push to move up in these rankings, if they can effectively replace Gahagen in net, make a run at conference hardware, and perhaps finally make the NCAA Tournament. Snively65
    North Dakota

Thread Information