• Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #60

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    The 50's would be more accurate.
    So true had to say it twice!!
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
      The 50's would be more accurate.
      Pretty sure that I didn't see your team in St. Paul...
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Comment

So irrelevant he had to say it three times before finding someone who cares. Keep trying, maybe the fourth time will be the charm.
            Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              Good

The last thing anyone wants is to travel only to have to bug out on Friday. Loser express is no way or time to fly home.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Winning banners is what got UMich its rating. By that standard, since 1964 (before most posters here were born), the following teams have been better than UMich: UND, DU, UW, UMinn, BC, BU, LSSU, and MSU. The following have been just as good as UMich: Rensselaer, MTU, Cornell, Maine, and UMD.

The UM hockey program is an 8 track tape player.

Sorry, FS23, for mucking around in your thread, which is respected by all. Off season, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  So irrelevant he had to say it three times before finding someone who cares. Keep trying, maybe the fourth time will be the charm.

I guess losing Mel still hurts. He took a real program to the Frozen Four in his first year, what does that say about you guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    I guess losing Mel still hurts. He took a real program to the Frozen Four in his first year, what does that say about you guys?
                    You're both afraid to start women's teams?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      You're both afraid to start women's teams?
                      I think that most women have too much fashion sense to wear ugly helmets.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I think that most women have too much fashion sense to wear ugly helmets.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

My first exposure to the ugly helmet was at Gustavus Adolphus college in MN. My grandfather was a long time coach there and they wear the same. Being a kid exposed to their athletics programs the way I could up close I loved it. Needless to say the first time my dad took me to a Gophers football game at Memorial against Michigan he had to prepare me.

Comment

As a football helmet they are bad. As a hockey helmet they are hideous. It's too bad they have no problem promoting themselves as a football school that happens to have a few students that like to skate. Most of the B1G has that problem. Notre Dame, OSU, Penn State are all just as bad. They certainly win the Ugly Helmet Conference title.

Comment

We're to the middle third, and here is #40-36

#40 - Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks
                              Conference: WCHA
                              2017-2018 Record: 29-10-1 Overall; 22-5-1 Conference (1st)
                              2017-2018 Results: WCHA Regular Season Champions; Lost in WCHA Semifinal; NCAA West Regional Semifinalist
                              Point Difference from 2016-2017: 2.2695 Points (Rank: 11)
                              5-year Total: 6.3397 Points (Rank: 16)

#39 - Nebraska Omaha Mavericks
                              Conference: NCHC
                              2017-2018 Record: 17-17-2 Overall; 10-13-1 Conference (T5th)
                              2017-2018 Results: Lost in NCHC Quarterfinal; Missed NCAA Tournament
                              Point Difference from 2016-2017: 0.2236 Points (Rank: 25)
                              5-year Total: 6.1974 Points (Rank: 17)

#38 - RIT Tigers
                              Conference: Atlantic Hockey
                              2017-2018 Record: 15-20-2 Overall; 13-14-1 Conference (T6th)
                              2017-2018 Results: Lost in Atlantic Hockey First Round; Missed NCAA Tournament
                              Point Difference from 2016-2017: -0.0396 Points (Rank: 50)
                              5-year Total: 1.8541 Points (Rank: 30)

#37 - Bemidji State Beavers
                              Conference: WCHA
                              2017-2018 Record: 16-14-8 Overall; 13-9-6 Conference (4th)
                              2017-2018 Results: Lost in WCHA Quarterfinal; Missed NCAA Tournament
                              Point Difference from 2016-2017: 0.1804 Points (Rank: 28)
                              5-year Total: 2.6808 Points (Rank: 26)

#36 - Vermont Catamounts
                              Conference: Hockey East
                              2017-2018 Record: 10-20-7 Overall; 6-12-6 Conference (9th)
                              2017-2018 Results: Lost in Hockey East First Round; Missed NCAA Tournament
                              Point Difference from 2016-2017: -0.0245 Points (Rank: 47)
                              5-year Total: 1.2918 Points (Rank: 34)
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Winning banners is what got UMich its rating. By that standard, since 1964 (before most posters here were born), the following teams have been better than UMich: UND, DU, UW, UMinn, BC, BU, LSSU, and MSU. The following have been just as good as UMich: Rensselaer, MTU, Cornell, Maine, and UMD.

The UM hockey program is an 8 track tape player.

Sorry, FS23, for mucking around in your thread, which is respected by all. Off season, you know.
                                Has RPI won 2? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong.

I am by no means a Michigan fan, but they certainly had many years knocking on the door (FF) besides the two they won in 96 and 98.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X