If you would like to catch up...

Original Thread (covering Februay 11, 2011 - April 16, 2012):

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-All-Time-1-58

Second Thread (covering April 16, 2012 - April 14, 2017):

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-All-Time-1-59
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #60

I'm almost done with doing the triple-double check of the information. Thus far, I've found 2 errors that were updated: (1) Wisconsin's NCAA Tournament W-L-T Record updated to 40-23-2 (increase win total by 1, decrease loss total by 1); and (2) Massachusetts Lowell's NCAA Tournament W-L-T Record updated to 7-7-1 (pre-2017 NCAA Tournament; decrease win total by 1, increase loss total by 1). As a result, Wisconsin's and Lowell's point total increases from 2015-2016 will be a bit different than they otherwise would have.

For the volunteers who will be drafting the season summaries, please prepare the summaries for your teams by the following deadlines:

For teams ranked #60-51 last season, please prepare by May 1, 2017;
    For teams ranked #50-41 last season, please prepare by May 15, 2017;
    For teams ranked #40-31 last season, please prepare by May 29, 2017;
    For teams ranked #30-21 last season, please prepare by June 12, 2017;
    For teams ranked #20-11 last season, please prepare by June 26, 2017; and
    For teams ranked #10-1 last season, please prepare by July 10, 2017.

For example, if you were to prepare the B1G teams, you would have Penn State ready by May 1, 2017; Ohio State ready by May 29, 2017; and Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan State ready by July 10, 2017.

For ease of access, here are the rankings from the end of 2015-2016:

1. North Dakota
    2. Michigan
    3. Minnesota
    4. Boston College
    5. Boston University
    6. Denver
    7. Wisconsin
    8. Michigan State
    9. Maine
    10. Michigan Tech
    11. Cornell
    12. Lake Superior State
    13. Colorado College
    14. Harvard
    15. Clarkson
    16. Minnesota Duluth
    17. RPI
    18. New Hampshire
    19. Providence
    20. Bowling Green
    21. Northern Michigan
    22. Yale
    23. St. Lawrence
    24. Union
    25. Miami
    26. Quinnipiac
    27. Notre Dame
    28. Dartmouth
    29. Ferris State
    30. Colgate
    31. St. Cloud State
    32. Northeastern
    33. Brown
    34. UMASS Lowell
    35. Ohio State
    36. Vermont
    37. Bemidji State
    38. RIT
    39. Nebraska Omaha
    40. Mankato
    41. Western Michigan
    42. Niagara
    43. Princeton
    44. Air Force
    45. Alaska Anchorage
    46. Merrimack
    47. Holy Cross
    48. Mercyhurst
    49. Alaska
    50. UMASS
    51. Alabama Huntsville
    52. Robert Morris
    53. Army
    54. Canisius
    55. UCONN
    56. Penn State
    57. Sacred Heart
    58. American International
    59. Bentley
    60. Arizona State

Thus far, I have the following volunteers:
    ECAC - drshoen
    Hockey East - UML Puck Hawk
    NCHC - SFIS
    WCHA - gfmorris/Shirtless Guy

That means I still need volunteers for the Big Ten and Atlantic Hockey.
    North Dakota

Comment

sounds good
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Question:
        Is this a raw accumulation of scoring points,
        or,
        Is this per annum (i.e. total accumulated points / years of DI program)?
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Question:
          Is this a raw accumulation of scoring points,
          or,
          Is this per annum (i.e. total accumulated points / years of DI program)?
          The original thread contains a lot more detail, but to answer your question, it is closest to a raw accumulation of scoring points. There is no division by number of games/years a program has played.
          North Dakota

Comment

Done by Bastille Day? Impressive!
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              Done by Bastille Day? Impressive!
              Assuming I get timely volunteers, there is a decent chance. Still need volunteers to do the Big Ten and Atlantic Hockey program season summaries (i.e. 2-3 sentences about each program's 2016-2017 season and maybe a sentence about their 2017-2018 prospects).
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Assuming I get timely volunteers, there is a decent chance. Still need volunteers to do the Big Ten and Atlantic Hockey program season summaries (i.e. 2-3 sentences about each program's 2016-2017 season and maybe a sentence about their 2017-2018 prospects).
                If Blitz from the Atlantic Hockey thread does not step up, I can cover the 11 AHC teams, as I saw all of them play this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  If Blitz from the Atlantic Hockey thread does not step up, I can cover the 11 AHC teams, as I saw all of them play this past season.
                  That would be a huge help. I'll pencil you in for the Atlantic Hockey teams. All that leaves is the Big Ten conference. Any takers?
                  North Dakota

Comment

Big question is whether Sun Devils accumulated enough points this season to lift themselves out of the basement.

Comment

Big question is whether Sun Devils accumulated enough points this season to lift themselves out of the basement.
                      Unlikely, but beating RPI should give them a bump compared to the rest of the basement
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                        Unlikely, but beating RPI should give them a bump compared to the rest of the basement
                        I was not trying to be entirely facetious. But, the Sun Devils ended up ranked 44th in the PWR this past season, with a 8-19-3 record against Div 1 teams (for some reason USCHO gives them an additional two wins against Div 3 SNHU for a 10-19-3 record in the overall Div 1 standings). Those eight wins included upsets over ranked Air Force and Quinnipiac teams, besides six wins against fellow bottom feeders (Colgate, RPI, UNH, AIC, UMass(2)); five of their eight wins were on the road, including Quinnipiac. At the end of last season they had accumulated 0.0114 points, but Bentley and AIC have only accumulated 0.05806 and 0.06851 points, respectively, in over two decades of Div 1 play.

Comment

I was not trying to be entirely facetious. But, the Sun Devils ended up ranked 44th in the PWR this past season, with a 8-19-3 record against Div 1 teams (for some reason USCHO gives them an additional two wins against Div 3 SNHU for a 10-19-3 record in the overall Div 1 standings). Those eight wins included upsets over ranked Air Force and Quinnipiac teams, besides six wins against fellow bottom feeders (Colgate, RPI, UNH, AIC, UMass(2)); five of their eight wins were on the road, including Quinnipiac. At the end of last season they had accumulated 0.0114 points, but Bentley and AIC have only accumulated 0.05806 and 0.06851 points, respectively, in over two decades of Div 1 play.
                          I believe beating RPI gives them a fairly large boost, since additional weight is given to beating past national champs. We usually see that bump mentioned when a first time champ is crowned, as it results in a bump for the entire conference.
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I believe beating RPI gives them a fairly large boost, since additional weight is given to beating past national champs. We usually see that bump mentioned when a first time champ is crowned, as it results in a bump for the entire conference.
                            There should also be additional value given to beating a team that made the NCAA tournament (Air Force).
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              There should also be additional value given to beating a team that made the NCAA tournament (Air Force).
                              I don't know if I would classify one win against a past national champion as giving a team a "fairly large boost," but it certainly does help. It also helps playing a stronger schedule (including knocking off a Regional Finalist). All that being said, I doubt Arizona State did enough to move out of the cellar. I guess we'll find out though.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X