Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The British Parliamentary election of June 8. Will she stay or go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The British Parliamentary election of June 8. Will she stay or go?

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    This article breaking down the Tories new friends the DUP was interesting. Some lovely folks:

The big thing with the DUP is they're pushing for a hard Brexit so there's a closed, controlled border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, something most people don't want.
    Ulster is where our own recidivist white trash came from -- the folks who have been here for eight generations and are still as ignorant and poor and vicious as the day they were thrown off the boat. Nice to see them f-cking up at least three countries. I wonder if the Aussies have them, too -- there is a really gross segment of their population too.

And before any proud Scots-Irish gets his panties in a bunch, Dr. Mrs. is from one of the most degenerate branches of that cursed tree, so yes, there are exceptions. Maybe 3 in 10,000, but there are.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Ulster is where our own recidivist white trash came from -- the folks who have been here for eight generations and are still as ignorant and poor and vicious as the day they were thrown off the boat. Nice to see them f-cking up at least three countries. I wonder if the Aussies have them, too -- there is a really gross segment of their population too.

And before any proud Scots-Irish gets his panties in a bunch, Dr. Mrs. is from one of the most degenerate branches of that cursed tree, so yes, there are exceptions. Maybe 3 in 10,000, but there are.
      And the DUP has ties to the Ulster Defence Association, you know the Loyalist terrorist organization? Kind of rich considering the Tories attacked Corbyn on supposed Sinn Fein ties.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Agreed. I give the guy a lot of credit particularly on the terrorism issue. Instead of just taking flack as many on the left do, he cleverly turned it around by pointing out how many police officers May had cut over the last 6 years. I heard #'s upwards of 20,000. Not exactly the best way to keep the country safe.
        Speaking of...
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nate Silver‏Verified account @NateSilver538 1h1 hour ago

The UK *literally initiated and completed an entire parliamentary election* in the time in between the GA-6 primary and runoff.

Man, sometimes I wish our founding fathers had borrowed some parliamentary ideas for our constitution.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Wow.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Wow.
              Oh it gets better: Sinn Fein say a Tory/DUP alliance would be a violation of the Good Friday Agreement.

Basically, the NI Government is completely split and can't come to an agreement on how to proceed, the Tories gave them until June 26th or Westminster will intervene. Except Westminster, per the GFA, must remain completely impartial, can't do that if the DUP is part of the majority alliance. Whoops.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Nate Silver‏Verified account @NateSilver538 1h1 hour ago

The UK *literally initiated and completed an entire parliamentary election* in the time in between the GA-6 primary and runoff.

Man, sometimes I wish our founding fathers had borrowed some parliamentary ideas for our constitution.
                Brits don't do primaries. That saves a whole bunch of time.

We COULD do that, but that would entail returning to the smoke-filled room and the party bosses.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Smoke-filled rooms would have prevented Donald Trump from becoming president.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Smoke-filled rooms would have prevented Donald Trump from becoming president.
                    How many recent elections would have different candidates if the bosses picked the candidates?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Clinton in 2008, I assume.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Almost certainly.

I mentioned I was young and dumb in 2004, even more so in '92, but I'm wondering if Clinton wouldn't have won the nomination back then either. Wasn't he a relative unknown at the time?

Romney may have gotten yanked in 2012 in lieu of a sacrificial lamb. Romney I think would have had a good chance in 2016. Or at least a better chance.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mitt was and is never going to be POTUS. He just looks better next to Orange Droolius.

Comment

So do you think Romney was the sacrificial lamb?
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Almost certainly.

I mentioned I was young and dumb in 2004, even more so in '92, but I'm wondering if Clinton wouldn't have won the nomination back then either. Wasn't he a relative unknown at the time?
                              He was, but it was a strange year in that nobody of note really ran thinking that Bush was unbeatable coming off of the first Iraq war. So he ran against Tsongas, Gephardt, Harkin and Jerry Brown. Aside from Gephardt who was a stiff that made Dukakis look inspirational, there was really no establishment choice once Cuomo begged off for the 3rd straight time.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                How many recent elections would have different candidates if the bosses picked the candidates?
                                Great question. Ignoring the ripple effect of what an earlier change would do downstream (guessing who the nominees would have been if we reverted beginning with election x), here are my guesses since the big change post-1968. * - Asterisks is a change. Bold -- my predicted winner.

Code:
                                Yr Dem              GOP
                                72 Humphrey*        Nixon
                                76 Kennedy*         Ford
                                80 Carter           GHW Bush*
                                84 Mondale          Reagan
                                88 Bentsen*         GHW Bush
                                92 Kerrey*          GHW Bush
                                96 B Clinton        Dole
                                00 Gore             Danforth*
                                04 Gephardt*        GW Bush
                                08 H Clinton*       McCain
                                12 Obama            Romney
                                16 H Clinton        J Bush*
                                Last edited by Kepler; 06-12-2017, 09:09 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X