Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The British Parliamentary election of June 8. Will she stay or go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. Churchill is the sort of political leader who would catch the imagination of a second grader.

Are you a big fan of Henry V and TR too?
    We few, we happy few. We Band of Brothers.
    Yes.

Oh, and for you history buffs, here is the Parliament debate of May 8, 1940 that forced the change in government to Mr. Churchill as PM.

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/c...uct-of-the-war
    Chamberlain puts his foot in his mouth at 4:53.
    Lloyd George delivers a rapier thrust at a bit before 6:10 But read the whole thing starting at 5:37.
    Churchill delivers his defense of the government's actions at 10:11 pm.

In one of those historical coincidences, 5 years later the European War ended.
    Last edited by joecct; 05-08-2017, 11:02 AM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: The British Parliamentary election of June 8. Will she stay or go?

Labour's plank

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...118918_1842229
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Looks like a standard leftist platform to me. Lets see how it plays out.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Looks like a standard leftist platform to me. Lets see how it plays out.
          IINM everybody is predicting May will still have a plurality. The question is how big (twss).
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Latest poll has May up by merely one point over Labour.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Latest poll has May up by merely one point over Labour.
              Hmm... this sure sounds a lot like the last polls in 16, or for Brexit. My instinct is the orcs are undercounted.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Theresa May has unveiled a new plan to secure Britain's borders:

https://boingboing.net/2017/06/04/th...ng-canute.html
                This, then, is what Theresa May is proposing:

* All Britons' communications must be easy for criminals, voyeurs and foreign spies to intercept

* Any firms within reach of the UK government must be banned from producing secure software

* All major code repositories, such as Github and Sourceforge, must be blocked

* Search engines must not answer queries about web-pages that carry secure software

* Virtually all academic security work in the UK must cease -- security research must only take place in proprietary research environments where there is no onus to publish one's findings, such as industry R&D and the security services

* All packets in and out of the country, and within the country, must be subject to Chinese-style deep-packet inspection and any packets that appear to originate from secure software must be dropped

* Existing walled gardens (like Ios and games consoles) must be ordered to ban their users from installing secure software

* Proprietary operating system vendors (Microsoft and Apple) must be ordered to redesign their operating systems as walled gardens that only allow users to run software from an app store, which will not sell or give secure software to Britons

* Free/open source operating systems -- that power the energy, banking, ecommerce, and infrastructure sectors -- must be banned outright

* Anyone visiting the country from abroad must have their smartphones held at the border until they leave
                Un. Fu. Ck. Ing. Believable.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm surprised she didn't comment on the internet tubes with that derp.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

"All packets in and out of the country, and within the country, must be subject to Chinese-style deep-packet inspection and any packets that appear to originate from secure software must be dropped"

Good luck with that. No company will want to put their encrypted shopping data out in the open.

And I completely missed that last one. This woman is diseased in the head. She's absolutely bonkers.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

In the article, the cell phone line is third from the bottom, but gets burried with the other completely asinine ideas. It stands out much more on the end of the list.

This would also impact banking information, online shopping, corporate e-mail, the use of Linux/Unix/Android, etc.

It's like she asked her kids where they downloaded their Minecraft mods from onto her "secure" laptop and panicked.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Does anybody ever ask the question: if conservatives are so tough on terrorism why do terrorist attacks keep happening on their watch? Now the fault of terrorism lies with the terrorists, but somehow I don't see a more successful effort out of righties in countering it than I do out of lefties.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Does anybody ever ask the question: if conservatives are so tough on terrorism why do terrorist attacks keep happening on their watch? Now the fault of terrorism lies with the terrorists, but somehow I don't see a more successful effort out of righties in countering it than I do out of lefties.
                          If you would just let us have the Travel Ban we would be Terrorism Free here in the United States. But, no.................................
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

May must have a Labour Party mole on her strategy team.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Election Special link

https://youtu.be/lUp_XgBjEUo
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                May must have a Labour Party mole on her strategy team.
                                Huh? Just because she's run such a bad campaign?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X