Future D-III Championship sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future D-III Championship sites

2018 is Lake Placid but I believe after that its open.

Should the Rota be 3E - 1W??

2016 - Lake Placid
    2017 - Utica
    2018 - Lake Placid
    2019 - Ridder???
    2020 - East 1
    2021 - East 2
    2022 - East 3
    2023 - Back West again.

Russell - here's where I need your help. You have to convince Potsdam St. to put in a bid to host at Clarkson. I'll work on the Clarkson end.

This spring will start non stop service from Baltimore - Massena. Ogdensburg has regular service from Aliegent. Syracuse is a 3 hr drive.

Let's do this!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Future D-III Championship sites

It's a little big maybe but the War Memorial in Syracuse would be a cool place to host. If Oswego was in it the crowd would be pretty huge and there are a lot of nice places in the area to go to for drinks and food.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
      It's a little big maybe but the War Memorial in Syracuse would be a cool place to host. If Oswego was in it the crowd would be pretty huge and there are a lot of nice places in the area to go to for drinks and food.
      That place us a dump for AHL...
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Recent-ish survey among DIII Men's hockey coaches supported a return to campus sites beginning in 2019. I'd expect to see that.
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

There may be some talk about an Oz bid...on campus...may be 😉
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            That place us a dump for AHL...
            It isn't great but it's better than that hole in Binghamton. But now that I think of it, Syracuse is a dump of a city for the most part and driving there sucks. Bag that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
              It isn't great but it's better than that hole in Binghamton. But now that I think of it, Syracuse is a dump of a city for the most part and driving there sucks. Bag that idea.
              Nothing like walking up and down half covered stairs to the locker rooms....or the warm up area that doubles as a parking garage.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Well, I wish PMI would consider bidding, but they won't give up Resch Center dates for a weekend without beer kif there's no guarantee SNC would be playing. There is talk of replacing the old Brown County Arena with a new facility - mostly an expo hall but would have ice with seats that could be right size. But that is years away.

But, much like Ridder, I wish Wisconsin would work with someone to host at LaBahn Arena, the Badgers' women's home. Right size capacity and centrally located, basically, for MIAC and NCHA schools. And Madison would be a fun touristy place, too.
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                  Well, I wish PMI would consider bidding, but they won't give up Resch Center dates for a weekend without beer kif there's no guarantee SNC would be playing. There is talk of replacing the old Brown County Arena with a new facility - mostly an expo hall but would have ice with seats that could be right size. But that is years away.

But, much like Ridder, I wish Wisconsin would work with someone to host at LaBahn Arena, the Badgers' women's home. Right size capacity and centrally located, basically, for MIAC and NCHA schools. And Madison would be a fun touristy place, too.
                  Mad Town is probably the most fun city in the Midwest, barring Chicago. It's a great destination for hockey-tourists.

In the East, I'm leaning toward Placid and Albany. (Or maybe campus sites, as long as the rankings are transparent and objective as to siting.)

I doubt that any D-3 FF could possibly draw 5K or more anywhere in our great land, unless it was sited in an actual or a de-facto barn... But attendance takes a far back seat to equity in that department, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                    Recent-ish survey among DIII Men's hockey coaches supported a return to campus sites beginning in 2019. I'd expect to see that.
                    The campus sites thing was just for 1 year out of every 4-year rotation from everything I've heard.

Comment

I don't like campus sites because it's near impossible to get tickets if your team's not in it. Also, what if none of the 4 participants has a suitable facility?

Comment

Hershey Park Arena? But the ice may not be regulation.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Who cares they have 5 pound chocolate bars

Comment

Suitable facility? Yeah, nothing like an 8,000 arena with 1,600 people in it. Why not pack a DIII rink to create a more appropriate atmosphere? Eau Claire, Gustavus Adolphus, SNC can all draw well, but they are never fully filled. How about letting a rink like that fill up for the most important game of the season? A place like the soon to be old St. Olaf rink would be questionable, but still would be a fun experience.

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
                              Suitable facility? Yeah, nothing like an 8,000 arena with 1,600 people in it. Why not pack a DIII rink to create a more appropriate atmosphere? Eau Claire, Gustavus Adolphus, SNC can all draw well, but they are never fully filled. How about letting a rink like that fill up for the most important game of the season? A place like the soon to be old St. Olaf rink would be questionable, but still would be a fun experience.
                              Just like Lake Placid?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X