Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 91 of 91

Thread: Future D-III Championship sites

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,222
    I have long supported the idea of Norwich, Middlebury and Plattsburgh hosting at Gutterson in Burlington ... classic old barn with 4, 000 seats in a great college town!

  2. #82
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,799
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    I have long supported the idea of Norwich, Middlebury and Plattsburgh hosting at Gutterson in Burlington ... classic old barn with 4, 000 seats in a great college town!
    I could actually get behind that idea!

  3. #83
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    3,977

    Re: Future D-III Championship sites

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    I have long supported the idea of Norwich, Middlebury and Plattsburgh hosting at Gutterson in Burlington ... classic old barn with 4, 000 seats in a great college town!
    Only problem is that UVM is always counting on playing meaningful hockey during the D-III playoffs. That's the problem with any D-I campus hosting - they all plan to be playing that weekend!
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  4. #84
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,799
    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Only problem is that UVM is always counting on playing meaningful hockey during the D-III playoffs. That's the problem with any D-I campus hosting - they all plan to be playing that weekend!
    Yeah, they'd be planning to play at the TD Garden that weekend. Fairly certain they could handle doing both.

  5. #85
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,465
    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Yeah, they'd be planning to play at the TD Garden that weekend. Fairly certain they could handle doing both.
    Yea not sure what Steve is thinking on this one....I don't think the Gut will be hosting a Conference Championship or Regional....
    Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 05-01-2017 at 02:59 PM.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    29,804
    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Only problem is that UVM is always counting on playing meaningful hockey during the D-III playoffs. That's the problem with any D-I campus hosting - they all plan to be playing that weekend!
    They'll be on the road at an NCAA regional. Unless the state is using the Gut for a State championship, the barn is empty.

  7. #87
    Smoking in the selection room. XYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Spiez, Switzerland
    Posts
    9,191
    Quote Originally Posted by elbojpb View Post
    I agree whole-heartedly; however, you and I aren't making the decisions.

    My assumption is that some recent business school grad hacks working for the NCAA are trying to retrofit a niche sport with general business rules OR (as I've discovered first hand) someone's getting an "incentive" to award undeserving sites a bid.
    If you replace "business school grad hacks" with something along the lines of "coaches and admins directly involved with d3 hockey who aren't smart enough to see the big picture"...you'd be onto something.

    I've thought about going after this one in full, but alas, everyone's got a point where it's easier to just stop caring.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    144

    Re: Future D-III Championship sites

    Recently we asked if the 3000 seat Campus Center arena at the OZ could be used for a championship. We have several new hotels in the OZ, as capacity has increased. I was told that after 2018 nothing was solid. Also that you cannot apply, you have to be invited. I found that difficult to understand, but it is ptobably correct.
    Also, we enjoyed our trip to Utica this year and found the Memorial Aud. a great facility.

  9. #89
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,727
    Quote Originally Posted by lakont55 View Post
    Recently we asked if the 3000 seat Campus Center arena at the OZ could be used for a championship. We have several new hotels in the OZ, as capacity has increased. I was told that after 2018 nothing was solid. Also that you cannot apply, you have to be invited. I found that difficult to understand, but it is ptobably correct.
    Also, we enjoyed our trip to Utica this year and found the Memorial Aud. a great facility.
    I feel like Oswego has a great shot at hosting one of the non-predetermined sites one year with the consistent success year in and year out.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Future D-III Championship sites

    If, for example the "National Seedings" were:
    St. Norbert
    Norwich
    Wisconsin - Stevens Point
    Oswego

    Who hosts?

  11. #91
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,727
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    If, for example the "National Seedings" were:
    St. Norbert
    Norwich
    Wisconsin - Stevens Point
    Oswego

    Who hosts?
    Probably depends on who the #1 seed of those four is and what they determine to be the criteria and minimum capacity needed to host is.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •