Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

  1. #21
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I'm really surprised the Polisseni Center in RIT has never considered putting in a bid (as far as I know).
    Now THAT, I would love to see!

  2. #22
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,436

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Get ready for a bunch of eastern FFs!

    2018: Minneapolis, MN (UM)
    2019: Hamden, CT (QU)
    2020: Boston, MA (BU)
    2021: Erie, PA (MU)
    2022: State College, PA (PSU)

    Source: http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...pionship-sites
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 04-18-2017 at 12:15 PM.

  3. #23
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,821

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Get ready for a bunch of eastern FFs!

    2018: Minneapolis, MN (UM)
    2019: Hamden, CT (QU)
    2020: Boston, MA (BU)
    2021: Erie, PA (MU)
    2022: State College, PA (PSU)

    Source: http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...pionship-sites
    That sucks (2019-2022). Shortest drive from WI is 12 hrs. Glad I went to St. Charles. I'm not sure UW will be in the mix for this year with the Olympics going on.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #24
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,436

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    I really like BC's chances for 2019 if Flanagan and Keller both make the Olympics. And just down the road from me! (I mean, like, 45 minutes down the road, but still, down the road!)

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Madison and Florida
    Posts
    240

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    That sucks (2019-2022). Shortest drive from WI is 12 hrs. Glad I went to St. Charles. I'm not sure UW will be in the mix for this year with the Olympics going on.
    As of now the only Olympic loss the Badgers seem to have is Clark. Pankowski wasn't part of the most recent USA World Championship team and I wonder how much Team USA will really change at the forward position after winning so she may be back for her senior year. Almost all of the top teams in the country lose something due to the Olympics and graduation. The Badgers had a very strong supporting cast behind their "stars" with the likes of Norby, Roque, Wellhausen, Cogan, etc. up front and Rolfes, Gardner, Williams on defense. And with a very good class of freshmen plus Kepler coming in I'm not sure I would count Bucky out of next seasons NCAA's yet.
    Last edited by rangersrule; 04-18-2017 at 02:04 PM.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Get ready for a bunch of eastern FFs!

    2018: Minneapolis, MN (UM)
    2019: Hamden, CT (QU)
    2020: Boston, MA (BU)
    2021: Erie, PA (MU)
    2022: State College, PA (PSU)

    Source: http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...pionship-sites
    One point of clarification in case anyone misreads Tony's post.

    The Erie location is not the Mercyhurst on-campus rink. It's the downtown arena where it was the last time Erie hosted.

    All the others listed are in the respective on-campus rinks.

  7. #27
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,821

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post
    As of now the only Olympic loss the Badgers seem to have is Clark. Pankowski wasn't part of the most recent USA World Championship team and I wonder how much Team USA will really change at the forward position after winning so she may be back for her senior year. Almost all of the top teams in the country lose something due to the Olympics and graduation. The Badgers had a very strong supporting cast behind their "stars" with the likes of Norby, Roque, Wellhausen, Cogan, etc. up front and Rolfes, Gardner, Williams on defense. And with a very good class of freshmen plus Kepler coming in I'm not sure I would count Bucky out of next seasons NCAA's yet.
    To me they probably can't overcome losing Pankowski, Clark and Shirley. They would be top 10 all year, but getting an at large bid might be tough. UW needs Pankowski and Sophie Shirley not to get centralized. Shirley could fill Clark's spot. Losing Clark and Shirley would deny them a lot of creative speed. Pankowski just doesn't have the wheels of Clark. From what I've gleaned of the web, there is a good chance Canada goes young and fast, then Shirley is probably gone.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  8. #28
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,821

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I really like BC's chances for 2019 if Flanagan and Keller both make the Olympics. And just down the road from me! (I mean, like, 45 minutes down the road, but still, down the road!)
    Don't lie to yourself, BC has no chance. They have to get through Clarkson first.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  9. #29
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,436

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    One point of clarification in case anyone misreads Tony's post.

    The Erie location is not the Mercyhurst on-campus rink. It's the downtown arena where it was the last time Erie hosted.

    All the others listed are in the respective on-campus rinks.
    Yeah thanks -- meant to say those were just the hosts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    getting an at large bid might be tough.
    Don't be ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Don't lie to yourself, BC has no chance. They have to get through Clarkson first.
    HA ... I'll take our chances

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    76

    Re: Future Frozen Fours

    I once drove to State College for the women's national rugby championships and it is the ultimate "You can't get there from here" destination.

    I'd be more than happy to see the Eagles win it all at QU, which would give the Crimson an extra year to rebuild for Agganis in 2020.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    249

    Re: Future Frozen Fours

    If I still live here in 2022, I'll feel like a kid at Christmas having the Frozen Four here at Penn State. You're right that it's the middle of nowhere (don't tell the Amish that), but it's only a weekend stay. State College has plenty of restaurants and the typical amount of bars in a college town, if that's your thing, and maybe there will be other events on campus on the off day, too.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Don't lie to yourself, BC has no chance. They have to get through Clarkson first.
    I find it interesting or maybe just strange that the last 18 years of women's hockey champions can be divided into 3 six year segments where 1 of 2 teams won. The last six years it was Minnesota and Clarkson. The six years before that was Wisconsin and UMD. And the six years before that was Minnesota and UMD. Minnesota and Wisconsin for the next six years? Maybe. BC and Clarkson? No way!

    Those two teams before Y2K that won really don't matter anymore. Sad really.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-19-2017 at 12:26 AM. Reason: UNH & Harvard pathos

  13. #33
    Let's go Tech!
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New Windsor, NY
    Posts
    3,484

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I don't hate that idea at all... short hop to Montreal between games.
    Clarkson is actually looking to upgrade Cheel (on our dime of course). Part of the marketing ploy is that they want to upgrade it to the point where it would be capable of holding higher profile events and the women's FF is specifically noted. The TD Center in Hamden has the advantage of having the locker rooms because they made it a multipurpose facility.
    Clarkson Golden Knights Men
    10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
    5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
    20 NCAA Tournament Appearances

    Undefeated - 1956

    Clarkson Golden Knights Women
    ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017
    ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017
    6 NCAA Tournament Appearances

    Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017
    National Champions - 2014, 2017

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by FireKnight View Post
    The TD Center in Hamden has the advantage of having the locker rooms because they made it a multipurpose facility.
    I was really impressed with the TD with the way it was designed and laid out. And Quinnipiac did a great job hosting the FF last time.

  15. #35
    Let's go Tech!
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New Windsor, NY
    Posts
    3,484

    Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I was really impressed with the TD with the way it was designed and laid out. And Quinnipiac did a great job hosting the FF last time.
    Army has a similar arena, although smaller scale for both hockey and round ball. It's really a great use of space and it's good for these events. Army couldn't host a women's FF with their arena, but it's been used for many higher profile high school events for both sports.
    Clarkson Golden Knights Men
    10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
    5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
    20 NCAA Tournament Appearances

    Undefeated - 1956

    Clarkson Golden Knights Women
    ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017
    ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017
    6 NCAA Tournament Appearances

    Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017
    National Champions - 2014, 2017

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •