2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

Hosts are announced on April 18th. Have there been any rumors as to who has put in bids?

I would think 2019 would be in the east, but no idea where. I know BC hasn't bid. Don't think BU has either but can't know for sure.

I'd guess that 2020 will be Ridder just because that's how this works (not that I think that's a bad thing).
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 04-18-2017, 12:17 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Hosts are announced on April 18th. Have there been any rumors as to who has put in bids?

I would think 2019 would be in the east, but no idea where. I know BC hasn't bid. Don't think BU has either but can't know for sure.

I'd guess that 2020 will be Ridder just because that's how this works (not that I think that's a bad thing).
    Quinnipiac did a great job when they hosted. Wonder if they would bid again. Of course you have UNH, which has held it before. And then there's Lake Placid...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

It's at Ridder next year. I'd love to see it held in Madison, or, even better as a giant FU to Mark Kennedy, hold it at the Ralph.
      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
        It's at Ridder next year. I'd love to see it held in Madison, or, even better as a giant FU to Mark Kennedy, hold it at the Ralph.
        I know it's at Ridder next year but they've had it pretty frequently, no?

The Ralph would be hilarious but obviously that is never going to happen lol

Comment

I know it's at Ridder next year but they've had it pretty frequently, no?

The Ralph would be hilarious but obviously that is never going to happen lol
          Yeah, because everyone, including the 200 fans (150 of which drove up from the Twin Cities) would really love to spend 4 days in the armpit of North Dakota. Madison would be fun. What is wrong with UW that they don't bid on it?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Madison would be fun. What is wrong with UW that they don't bid on it?
            I agree.

They can't have it at LaBahn, it would have to be at the Kohl Center. Which, I mean, sweet! lol

Comment

I agree.

They can't have it at LaBahn, it would have to be at the Kohl Center. Which, I mean, sweet! lol
              why can't it be at LaBarn?

Comment

What are the considerations for choosing a tournament host? I expected Penn State to be hot on the bidding trail when they built a brand new arena, but they never come up in conversations about tournament host bidding. I assume the level of local area accommodations are a part of the decision, but what else is considered?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  why can't it be at LaBarn?
                  Something about being built below the minimum hosting capacity or something. The Wisconsinites aren't too pleased about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                    What are the considerations for choosing a tournament host? I expected Penn State to be hot on the bidding trail when they built a brand new arena, but they never come up in conversations about tournament host bidding. I assume the level of local area accommodations are a part of the decision, but what else is considered?
                    Lately it's been "did the arena bid to host?" If "yes," they are pretty much guaranteed to win the bid. Unless they had hostile and abusive imagery... coughcough.

Comment

Lately it's been "did the arena bid to host?" If "yes," they are pretty much guaranteed to win the bid. Unless they had hostile and abusive imagery... coughcough.
                      That was only a part of the problem with Grand Forks. The other part is that it's difficult and expensive to get to, especially from the east coast. Delta is the only major airline that goes there, there aren't a whole lot of seats, and they cost a lot. There's also not a lot to do in Grand Forks, and a shortage of hotel rooms, though there are more now (with a lower occupancy rate) than there were when the last round of bids were accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                        That was only a part of the problem with Grand Forks. The other part is that it's difficult and expensive to get to, especially from the east coast. Delta is the only major airline that goes there, there aren't a whole lot of seats, and they cost a lot. There's also not a lot to do in Grand Forks, and a shortage of hotel rooms, though there are more now (with a lower occupancy rate) than there were when the last round of bids were accepted.
                        Is flying to Winnipeg and busing/driving down an option ?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Is flying to Winnipeg and busing/driving down an option ?
                          How do you feel about going through Customs?

Grand Forks is about a six hour drive from the Twin Cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            How do you feel about going through Customs?

Grand Forks is about a six hour drive from the Twin Cities.
                            The times I've crossed the CanAm border, it hasn't been a hassle. Even TO airport wasn't bad.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              The times I've crossed the CanAm border, it hasn't been a hassle. Even TO airport wasn't bad.
                              Airport customs and bridge customs are an entirely different beast.

The bridge crossing at Buffalo and Detroit can be a real bear during heavy traffic periods. It makes some D.C. backups seem tame...

Then, you got the whole issue of when they want to randomly check cars. A lot more difficult to do than having someone simply open their luggage at an airport.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X