2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Frozen Fours

If I still live here in 2022, I'll feel like a kid at Christmas having the Frozen Four here at Penn State. You're right that it's the middle of nowhere (don't tell the Amish that), but it's only a weekend stay. State College has plenty of restaurants and the typical amount of bars in a college town, if that's your thing, and maybe there will be other events on campus on the off day, too.

Comment

Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Don't lie to yourself, BC has no chance. They have to get through Clarkson first.
      I find it interesting or maybe just strange that the last 18 years of women's hockey champions can be divided into 3 six year segments where 1 of 2 teams won. The last six years it was Minnesota and Clarkson. The six years before that was Wisconsin and UMD. And the six years before that was Minnesota and UMD. Minnesota and Wisconsin for the next six years? Maybe. BC and Clarkson? No way!

Those two teams before Y2K that won really don't matter anymore. Sad really.
      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-19-2017, 12:26 AM. Reason: UNH & Harvard pathos
      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        I don't hate that idea at all... short hop to Montreal between games.
        Clarkson is actually looking to upgrade Cheel (on our dime of course). Part of the marketing ploy is that they want to upgrade it to the point where it would be capable of holding higher profile events and the women's FF is specifically noted. The TD Center in Hamden has the advantage of having the locker rooms because they made it a multipurpose facility.
        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
        12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
          The TD Center in Hamden has the advantage of having the locker rooms because they made it a multipurpose facility.
          I was really impressed with the TD with the way it was designed and laid out. And Quinnipiac did a great job hosting the FF last time.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            I was really impressed with the TD with the way it was designed and laid out. And Quinnipiac did a great job hosting the FF last time.
            Army has a similar arena, although smaller scale for both hockey and round ball. It's really a great use of space and it's good for these events. Army couldn't host a women's FF with their arena, but it's been used for many higher profile high school events for both sports.
            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
            12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment