2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Airport customs and bridge customs are an entirely different beast.

The bridge crossing at Buffalo and Detroit can be a real bear during heavy traffic periods. It makes some D.C. backups seem tame...

Then, you got the whole issue of when they want to randomly check cars. A lot more difficult to do than having someone simply open their luggage at an airport.
    Once, when I was re-entering the US through Newark after 6 months in Europe, I was instructed to not put my luggage through the x-ray, but instead walk it AROUND the metal detector and proceed with my day. Meanwhile, the US citizen in front of me who appeared to be of Middle Eastern ethnicity was getting frisked and wanted before he even tried to walk through the metal detector...
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Re: 2019 and 2020 Frozen Four

I really don't see the tournament being held in Grand Forks anytime soon, which as far as I can tell makes all the travel talk a pointless argument.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        I really don't see the tournament being held in Grand Forks anytime soon, which as far as I can tell makes all the travel talk a pointless argument.
        ok, Potsdam then
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          ok, Potsdam then
          I don't hate that idea at all... short hop to Montreal between games.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I'm really surprised the Polisseni Center in RIT has never considered putting in a bid (as far as I know).
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I'm really surprised the Polisseni Center in RIT has never considered putting in a bid (as far as I know).
              Now THAT, I would love to see!
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Get ready for a bunch of eastern FFs!

2018: Minneapolis, MN (UM)
                2019: Hamden, CT (QU)
                2020: Boston, MA (BU)
                2021: Erie, PA (MU)
                2022: State College, PA (PSU)

Source: http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...pionship-sites
                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 04-18-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

That sucks (2019-2022). Shortest drive from WI is 12 hrs. Glad I went to St. Charles. I'm not sure UW will be in the mix for this year with the Olympics going on.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I really like BC's chances for 2019 if Flanagan and Keller both make the Olympics. And just down the road from me! (I mean, like, 45 minutes down the road, but still, down the road!)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      That sucks (2019-2022). Shortest drive from WI is 12 hrs. Glad I went to St. Charles. I'm not sure UW will be in the mix for this year with the Olympics going on.
                      As of now the only Olympic loss the Badgers seem to have is Clark. Pankowski wasn't part of the most recent USA World Championship team and I wonder how much Team USA will really change at the forward position after winning so she may be back for her senior year. Almost all of the top teams in the country lose something due to the Olympics and graduation. The Badgers had a very strong supporting cast behind their "stars" with the likes of Norby, Roque, Wellhausen, Cogan, etc. up front and Rolfes, Gardner, Williams on defense. And with a very good class of freshmen plus Kepler coming in I'm not sure I would count Bucky out of next seasons NCAA's yet.
                      Last edited by rangersrule; 04-18-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

One point of clarification in case anyone misreads Tony's post.

The Erie location is not the Mercyhurst on-campus rink. It's the downtown arena where it was the last time Erie hosted.

All the others listed are in the respective on-campus rinks.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                          As of now the only Olympic loss the Badgers seem to have is Clark. Pankowski wasn't part of the most recent USA World Championship team and I wonder how much Team USA will really change at the forward position after winning so she may be back for her senior year. Almost all of the top teams in the country lose something due to the Olympics and graduation. The Badgers had a very strong supporting cast behind their "stars" with the likes of Norby, Roque, Wellhausen, Cogan, etc. up front and Rolfes, Gardner, Williams on defense. And with a very good class of freshmen plus Kepler coming in I'm not sure I would count Bucky out of next seasons NCAA's yet.
                          To me they probably can't overcome losing Pankowski, Clark and Shirley. They would be top 10 all year, but getting an at large bid might be tough. UW needs Pankowski and Sophie Shirley not to get centralized. Shirley could fill Clark's spot. Losing Clark and Shirley would deny them a lot of creative speed. Pankowski just doesn't have the wheels of Clark. From what I've gleaned of the web, there is a good chance Canada goes young and fast, then Shirley is probably gone.

Comment

I really like BC's chances for 2019 if Flanagan and Keller both make the Olympics. And just down the road from me! (I mean, like, 45 minutes down the road, but still, down the road!)
                            Don't lie to yourself, BC has no chance. They have to get through Clarkson first.

Comment

One point of clarification in case anyone misreads Tony's post.

The Erie location is not the Mercyhurst on-campus rink. It's the downtown arena where it was the last time Erie hosted.

All the others listed are in the respective on-campus rinks.
                              Yeah thanks -- meant to say those were just the hosts.

getting an at large bid might be tough.
                              Don't be ridiculous

Don't lie to yourself, BC has no chance. They have to get through Clarkson first.
                              HA ... I'll take our chances

Comment

Re: Future Frozen Fours

I once drove to State College for the women's national rugby championships and it is the ultimate "You can't get there from here" destination.

I'd be more than happy to see the Eagles win it all at QU, which would give the Crimson an extra year to rebuild for Agganis in 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X