Cycling 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cycling 2017.

Those are some interesting picks. Sagan could really win a lot, but I'm skeptical of his teammates. I did switch from Aru to Greipel. Too many sprints to just have one sprinter. I'm surprised no one is picking Fuglsong.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I won't pick riders I hate, just to have a possibly higher scoring team. So no Froome or Porte.

Thibaut Pinot FDJ 14
      Simon Yates ORICA-Scott 10
      Fabio Aru Astana Pro Team 14
      Johan Esteban Chaves ORICA-Scott 12
      Peter Sagan Bora - Hansgrohe 22
      Philippe Gilbert Quick-Step Floors 8
      Marcus Burghardt Bora - Hansgrohe 4
      Scott Thwaites Dimension Data 4
      Arnaud Démare FDJ 12
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Never done this so this could get ugly.

Geraint Thomas - Sky - 12
        Simon Yates - ORICA - 10

ROmain Bardet - AG2R - 16
        Johan Esteban Chaves - ORICA - 12

Peter Sagan - Bora - 22

Tony Martin - Katusha - 8
        Michal Kwiatkowski - Sky - 8
        Artur Vichot - FDJ - 6
        Edvald Boasson Hagen - Dimension - 6
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Welp, so much for Quintana's premiere mountain chauffeur as Valverde is out. And joke already going around here that Sky and its new white skin suits have mastered "Marginal Rains." Pretty sure no one anywhere believes this ****, save for maybe a couple of clowns like Matthew Syed.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

I don't even know what that means.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I don't even know what that means.
              Me either, I guess it means showers and wet roads. Those skins suits make a difference for sure. I'm just glad my guys are upright still. Sorry Valverde is out though. I like him. I did notice sky had I think three guys the top 10. makes you wonder. or maybe not.
              I didn't see how Cav did.

Comment

Looks like I guessed right with Thomas. Hoping this is parlayed into a yellow jersey for a couple days like Martin a few years back. Hoping, but not optimistic.

Got lucky with Thomas. Was actually hoping for Martin today. Worked out well. For now.
                Code:

Comment

This may refer to the new skinsuits that Team Sky was wearing that they got from the Norweigan ski team that lowered wind resistance by 38% or something like that. Basically an advantage a big $$ team has over the smaller teams. Basically Tony not winning and holding the jersey for a few day probably makes my pick of him worthless unless he darts out in front to gain some seconds in the next week or so.

Boy the analysis is bad to listen to Bobke and Christian since Froome gained so much time, the race is almost over.
                  Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
                    This may refer to the new skinsuits that Team Sky was wearing that they got from the Norweigan ski team that lowered wind resistance by 38% or something like that. Basically an advantage a big $$ team has over the smaller teams. Basically Tony not winning and holding the jersey for a few day probably makes my pick of him worthless unless he darts out in front to gain some seconds in the next week or so.

Boy the analysis is bad to listen to Bobke and Christian since Froome gained so much time, the race is almost over.
                    Specialized sells a skin suit. it's about 500 dollars. i guess it's worth it, just not to me..
                    Last edited by manurespreader; 07-02-2017, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I know it's only one stage but to me Sagan looked a little off today and uncharacteriscally sat up in a misstage sprint and at the end of the stage today too. Hope it's just a one day thing and he rebounds or is saving energy.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post

Yes, it's an obvious play on the mythical "marginal gains" concept Sky has been touting for years. So now the magic unicorn jerseys that supposedly allowed them to match a feat only ever accomplished by the impeccable and upstanding 2009 Astana squad are rightfully being derided as "marginal rains."

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                          Yes, it's an obvious play on the mythical "marginal gains" concept Sky has been touting for years. So now the magic unicorn jerseys that supposedly allowed them to match a feat only ever accomplished by the impeccable and upstanding 2009 Astana squad are rightfully being derided as "marginal rains."
                          Now that is funny!

Comment

I believe this is what XYZ is referring to.
                            https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-against-rules

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              I know it's only one stage but to me Sagan looked a little off today and uncharacteriscally sat up in a misstage sprint and at the end of the stage today too. Hope it's just a one day thing and he rebounds or is saving energy.
                              Well that worked out well for me!
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I believe this is what XYZ is referring to.
                                https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-against-rules
                                Ha, the legality of them is a whole 'nother deal. Legal or not, the comedy lies in the fact we're all supposed to believe a few bumps shaved off 30 seconds over 14km. Just more nonsense and lots of people jumped all over it.

In brighter news, 500+ point day for me in velogames as, after all, not every sprint stage is a true flat sprint. I'll take it. Now, if I can get my pseudo-sprinters to defy science and climb well, we'll be talking...

Comment

Working...
                                X