Cycling 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycling 2017.

I'm surprised no one has started a thread yet. The classics season is almost over!.And Tom Boonan is retired. What next? Bora winning the tour?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Re: Cycling 2017.

Alejandro Valverde just won his fourth straight Fleche Wallone, and his fifth overall. Won it easy, going away, on the Mur de Huy.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Alejandro Valverde just won his fourth straight Fleche Wallone, and his fifth overall. Won it easy, going away, on the Mur de Huy.
      Yep. I wonder if Warren Barguil will be with a different team at the tour or if he is staying where he is, or exactly what is the deal with him?

Comment

http://www.velonews.com/2017/04/news...g-crash_436114

Comment

That's horrible.

Comment

Bein is not showing the Giro this year, even though they have the US rights. This makes no sense to me since they have such great other programming. So looks like the only option to watch is online or to subscribe to the Italian TV package thru my cable provider and watch coverage on RAI. Which ****es me off since I already pay extra for the sports package which include Bein, the only other channel in the package I watch is FS2 since most of the others show soccer all the time. I kind of thought something was up when they didn't show Tiriano or some of the other early races they had in the past.
            Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Seems like BeIn has dropped all their cycling coverage. They used to do a few of the spring classics as well, like Strade Bianche, Milan San Remo and such, but they didn't this year. Not really a surprise, cause none of their announcers really had a clue what cyclling was about, even though they were just commenting going into and out of commercials. Ratings probably weren't what they expected, so now they can just show more La Liga.

So yeah, all I've got is RAI, which I added earlier in the year to watch Strade Bianche.

Comment

Did anybody else set up a velogames team for the Giro?

Comment

I did not.
                  I am going to be in France during the tour this year, and I might be able to get a day to watch.I'll be in Northern France the first 11 days of the month starting July 5 and ending the 12th, then in Paris on Bastile day and heading for Vienna after that, so .... anyone have suggestions on some not too crazy place to watch it.?

And all the crap going on in this giro. It's nuts. some cop parks in the middle of the street?. even if I did have a team, half of them would be out by now.
                  Last edited by manurespreader; 05-15-2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
                    Did anybody else set up a velogames team for the Giro?
                    I did. Not doing so well. I wanted some ok climbers who could also time trail, so I picked Rohan Dennis, who has crashed out already. And now Thomas has lost a lot of time to that stupid moto driver. Have Jungels, but should have picked Dumoulin as well.

Nairo Quintana
                    Geraint Thomas
                    Davide Formolo
                    Sebastien Reichenbach
                    Caleb Ewan
                    Giovanni Visconti
                    Rohan Dennis
                    Tanel Kangert
                    Bob Jungels

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      I did. Not doing so well. I wanted some ok climbers who could also time trail, so I picked Rohan Dennis, who has crashed out already. And now Thomas has lost a lot of time to that stupid moto driver. Have Jungels, but should have picked Dumoulin as well.

Nairo Quintana
                      Geraint Thomas
                      Davide Formolo
                      Sebastien Reichenbach
                      Caleb Ewan
                      Giovanni Visconti
                      Rohan Dennis
                      Tanel Kangert
                      Bob Jungels
                      I wonder what people think of Doumolin's chances in the Tour?

Comment

I had a good team with Pozzovivo, Nibali, Mollema who all finished high up and Landa, Rolland and Ewen who all won stages but still didn't do too well.

Sounds like a very exciting Giro but since Bein decided La Liga was better missed it all. Hopefully they won't have the rights next year and someone else will pick it up. Even listening to Roll and whoever else do commentary is better than not being able to watch., you can always mute it.

The Dauphine is on NBC I wonder who will be doing the commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I wonder what people think of Doumolin's chances in the Tour?
                          I doubt if Dumoulin rides the Tour. Will probably skip, and do the Vuelta.

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
                            I had a good team with Pozzovivo, Nibali, Mollema who all finished high up and Landa, Rolland and Ewen who all won stages but still didn't do too well.

Sounds like a very exciting Giro but since Bein decided La Liga was better missed it all. Hopefully they won't have the rights next year and someone else will pick it up. Even listening to Roll and whoever else do commentary is better than not being able to watch., you can always mute it.

The Dauphine is on NBC I wonder who will be doing the commentary.
                            There's an online service called FuboTv that broadcast the Giro this year. They have a lot of BeIn's programming available, and I believe have picked up a lot of the races put on by an italian company, like Milan San Remo, Strade Bianche and Tirreno Adriatico, basically the races BeIn held the rights to but won't show. I think a number of other classics as well, and the NBCSN/Universal cycling broadcasts.

I got it for the Giro, but after watching about three stages, the rest of the race, which i was watching using their DVR, wouldn't load for me, possibly because i'm still running XP. Kept getting error messages, either 'unsupported codec' or just a general system error. Their support was no help, kept telling me it was because my network speed wasn't fast enough, although I could watch their other stuff, streaming or DVR's, just fine, and it had worked for me fine for three stages.

So you might want to check them out. You have to buy their regular package, and then add the cycling package, so it's about $44/month, automatically renewing, but you can cancel at any time, so just subscribe for the months with cycling events that you want to see. I'll be uprading to Windows 10 sometime this year, and give them a shot again next year for the spring classics.

Since I couldn't watch Fubo's coverage, I watched the Italian RAI channel's coverage on my cable. i added this channel in the spring to see Strade Bianche and MSR. Didn't learn any Italian, as they talk way too fast, except for maybe "Passo" which I believe roughly translates to "back to you".

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/giro-d-...t-details.html
                            Last edited by rufus; 06-04-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I already spend way too much for cable and have issues paying anymore especially since I upgraded to the sports package a couple of years ago mainly to get Bein, I also watch FS 2 and NHL Network which are part of it but almost all the other extra channels I never watch. Plus I like to watch while I ride my bike which I can't do on the computer and I doubt I would be able to stream with my fire. I debated getting RAI which I think would have only run me $10 for the month but in the end decided not to.

Comment

Working...
                              X