Cycling 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cycling 2017.

Still don't understand most of the teams in the races tactics. As soon as Landa had brought Froomie back to the group why didn't someone hit him? Aru, Uran, Martin somebody, he's only got one teammate he just had a hard chase to get back on and then you just tool along. As Bob or Christian said in the post stage, now in the last week guys are sometimes racing more for position than for the win.

Despite the lead group it was an exciting stage nice to see Mollema get the win, although I would have much preferred Barguil since he's on my fantasy team.
    Last edited by Probert; 07-16-2017, 08:16 PM.
    Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

I don't get it either. Especially Bardet. He had half his team in that group.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm kinda rooting for Uran to win this thing now. Always liked him, but he's been disappointing for a few years now. And I think he can time trial a bit if he really wants to.

Also hoping Matthews wins the green jersey. I don't hate Kittle, but not a huge fan either. Gotta love the way Matthews has been going after it. May crash and burn in the end, but at least he's trying something, and busting his hump to do it.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          I'm kinda rooting for Uran to win this thing now. Always liked him, but he's been disappointing for a few years now. And I think he can time trial a bit if he really wants to.

Also hoping Matthews wins the green jersey. I don't hate Kittle, but not a huge fan either. Gotta love the way Matthews has been going after it. May crash and burn in the end, but at least he's trying something, and busting his hump to do it.
          I was rooting for Matthews to win the Green Jersey, don't like to see him win by Kittel retiring. I don't really mind the Germans, Kittel and Greipel or Kristoff but their all kind of bland and the type of sprinter I don't like, the train sprinters.

Personally I'm a ABF guy, anybody but Froome though that would include Landa, but I'm pulling for Dan Martin since he's the only guy that consistently attacks. Plus he's a great interview.

Somehow my fantasy team has 3 guys in the Top 10, Bardet, Contador and Barguil plus the KOM leader but I'm guessing when I check I will be in like 15,000 place.

Good to see Contador on the attack today. Still don't understand why teams help Sky set tempo. Like when Ulissi was up there and they said he was defending Meintjes 8th place from Contador. Really what's the difference between 8th and 9th place?

Comment

3 in the top 10? My fantasy team has like 3 still left in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
              Still don't understand most of the teams in the races tactics. As soon as Landa had brought Froomie back to the group why didn't someone hit him? Aru, Uran, Martin somebody, he's only got one teammate he just had a hard chase to get back on and then you just tool along. As Bob or Christian said in the post stage, now in the last week guys are sometimes racing more for position than for the win..
              If you're trusting those two muppets for analysis that's your own problem. But, to your actual question: they can't. They would attack if they could but they can't. Sky is able to set a pace so high that there's not much anyone can do about it even when they want to. This has been talked about in an abundance of rider interviews for 5-6 years now. Amusingly, the one guy who might be able to crack it is Landa but he won't have the balls to try it.

Hell, we just saw it the other day. Froome already getting dropped...about three times, has another phantom mechanical, loses 50 seconds with Ag2r drilling it and they pull it all back with ease anyway. And you think someone is going to attack that on their own? It's not happening. Kiriyenka just drove a pace that slowly pulled in a rogue Contador, and he did it by himself. And you expect someone to be able to attack Froome and have it stick? No way.

It's pure comedy, same as it was 15-20 years ago. I just hope Prez isn't dense enough to be naming his velogames team after Sky come 2035.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

It is rather odd, isn't it? Quintana rode the Giro. Can't hang with an aging Contador, loses tons of time.

Pinot rode the Giro. Been riding at the back for two weeks before finally abandoning.

Landa rode the Giro. Won the King of the Mountains. Best climber in the Tour. Probably could win the whole thing if it weren't for team orders.

A more cynical person than I might find this suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                  It's pure comedy, same as it was 15-20 years ago. I just hope Prez isn't dense enough to be naming his velogames team after Sky come 2035.
                  Never say never.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Never say never.
                    It wouldn't surprise me considering the utter sadness of someone still being loyal to Discovery Channel. I mean, there are always going to be Freds in this world, but touting an entity that flamboyantly and arrogantly cheated the sport and then ruined people's lives so as to cover it up is an entirely different deal. Wish I could find that picture of McQuaid and Bruyneel with the wine glasses, with Millar in the background. A bit of photoshop and you'd fit right in with those losers.
                    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me considering the utter sadness of someone still being loyal to Discovery Channel. I mean, there are always going to be Freds in this world, but touting an entity that flamboyantly and arrogantly cheated the sport and then ruined people's lives so as to cover it up is an entirely different deal. Wish I could find that picture of McQuaid and Bruyneel with the wine glasses, with Millar in the background. A bit of photoshop and you'd fit right in with those losers.
                      Well tell us how you really feel. .....or you could be me. number 32000 out of 52000 and going no where. It's sad sky wins so much and its sad its such a parade and it is almost totally predictable, but I still watch. I'd like to see someone else come up with a budget nearer to sky, to me that's the only way things change.I was sorry Sagan got thrown out, it made it less interesting.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Literally the reason why I watch the Tour de France and have been invested in it the last 15 years is because of Lance Armstrong and those teams from those years. Sure they cheated, almost everyone did in that era and as you allude to you think Sky currently is. I'm sure there are plenty of Sky fans out there today.

Just because I name a silly velogames team after my "my favorite" cycling team name I've encountered over the years I've watched the Tour doesn't mean I support or stand behind everything that went on during their days.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Literally the reason why I watch the Tour de France and have been invested in it the last 15 years is because of Lance Armstrong and those teams from those years. Sure they cheated, almost everyone did in that era and as you allude to you think Sky currently is. I'm sure there are plenty of Sky fans out there today.

Just because I name a silly velogames team after my "my favorite" cycling team name I've encountered over the years I've watched the Tour doesn't mean I support or stand behind everything that went on during their days.
                          To change the subject slightly,
                          I remember watching Lauren Fignon collapse at the finish line and losing by what was it, three seconds or so. that's what got me hooked.
                          I was able to watch some of it on eurosports and some highlights on French TV. I thought they were both better than NBC from a commentary point of view, though my French is not good enough to pick up everything that is said, I get a good bit of it.

Comment

yesterday they had technical difficulties so for about 15-20 minutes they had on the Aussie feed with Robbie Mcewen and whoever his partner was and they were okay. I think we will probably get Roll and Paul for the Vuelta. Tour of Utah starts next week but is on FS 2 I'm guessing that means GOGO.

Not much excitement today as Time trials aren't that exciting to watch. I watched Tony's ride and the top 20 just to see if maybe Froome would wipe out or something and make it interesting.

Comment

Finally stopped watching the tour and my Velogames team rips it up. Nice work Warren, Marcel, and Fabio!

Comment

http://www.velonews.com/2017/07/comm...tdf-fun_444634

Comment

Working...
                                X