Cycling 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cycling 2017.

Well the Vuelta starts in a few days. I certainly expect sky to clean up again, but maybe we could see someone like Contador spool things up or chaves. He was terrible in the tour but I think he's primed to do well in spain as is Rohan Dennis. We might see him raise a few eyebrows too.
    I don't know what the TV coverage is looking like but i'll be trying to watch anyway.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

TV coverage on NBC's new Olympic channel.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        TV coverage on NBC's new Olympic channel.
        I believe this channel replaced Universal at least it did on my cable channel.

Was very disappointed in Tour of Utah it's a race I usually enjoy but it was basically BMC and the North American teams not that exciting even with them adding a time trial. Ditto for the Colorado Classic though the nice attack won it on the second to last day. It was basically a circuit race each day. Also have to fault the idiots at NBC as I missed the end since something ran over and it started late. It if was a real event I could forgive them but it was just some motorsport show that was probably scheduled between the two. Missed the last 5 K of the race.
        Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

My Vuelta team. Rui Costa, Alberto Contador, Johan Chaves, Wout Poels, Jose Rojas, Lachlan Morton, Rohan Dennis, Thomas De Gendt, Romain Bardet.

Comment

Quickly picked Vuelta team. Can't do worse than my TDF team.

Here's hoping Chavez has something to prove.

Miguel Ángel López Astana Pro Team 16
            Adam Yates ORICA-Scott 14
            Ilnur Zakarin Team Katusha - Alpecin 16
            Marc Soler Movistar Team 12
            Jens Debusschere Lotto Soudal 6
            Luis Leon Sanchez Astana Pro Team 8
            Rohan Dennis BMC Racing Team 8
            Jan Polanc UAE Team Emirates 6
            Johan Esteban Chaves ORICA-Scott 14

Comment

My team

Vincenzo Nibali Bahrain Merida Pro Cycling Team 20
              Steven Kruijswijk Team LottoNL-Jumbo 12
              Marc Soler Movistar Team 12
              George Bennett Team LottoNL-Jumbo 10
              Matteo Trentin Quick-Step Floors 10
              Rohan Dennis BMC Racing Team 8
              Thomas De Gendt Lotto Soudal 6
              Niki Terpstra Quick-Step Floors 6
              Ilnur Zakarin Team Katush

Comment

Looks like it is Sherwen and Roll on commentary. I think the same as last year. Roll is really tough to listed to for 2 hours. When he is on the pre and post shows I just ignore most of it except the interviews. Did anyone else have continuous picture break up the last 30-45 minutes or was it my cable provider rather than the live feed.

This really looks like a good race and hopefully their will be a lot of guys in the mix not a domination by SKY.

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
                  Looks like it is Sherwen and Roll on commentary. I think the same as last year. Roll is really tough to listed to for 2 hours. When he is on the pre and post shows I just ignore most of it except the interviews. Did anyone else have continuous picture break up the last 30-45 minutes or was it my cable provider rather than the live feed.

This really looks like a good race and hopefully there will be a lot of guys in the mix not a domination by SKY.
                  Well, we knew sky would dominate, its just by how much. The race is turning out to be fairly good. And I see Talansky is retiring, ..... at 28. And what are the Brits thinking,?!

Comment

I'd say Terlansky saw the writing on the wall, with Cannondale imploding. He probably doesn't want to go back to racing strictly in the States, and doesn't want to sign with another Pro-tour team just to be stuck working for their team leader. I can't see any other big team giving him a contract as a protected rider.

Comment

• Re: Cycling 2017.

When Froome was in the intermediate and final sprint today to keep in the lead and "win" the points jersey, I really found myself hoping he would crash and break his leg and not get any jersey's. The greedy ba**ard. Technically it's the Vuelta's problem and the way they score points, which is the reason why very few elite non Spanish sprinters compete, or start and leave after a week, in the race.

Comment

The more you know about pro bike racing the more political it gets. I guess that's true for a lot of things. It would be nice if some other team could come up with a budget more like what Sky spends.

Comment

Or get the same packages delivered to their door that Sky gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Nonsense. The jiffy bag was for Emma Pooley. Sky said so. Even though she was racing thousands of miles away. All I know is I'm eagerly awaiting the results of their thorough investigation into Henao's blood profile. Was promised in 2015 and still nothing. This sort of transparency, of which the team was supposedly founded upon, makes US Postal look like paragons of virtue.

Signed,
                            Wout Poels accelerating while soft pedaling a 30% grade.
                            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Unless you're talking about the case of testosterone that was "accidentally" delivered to them. I totally understand that one, though. I always have cases of drugs accidentally show up in my mail.
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                                Unless you're talking about the case of testosterone that was "accidentally" delivered to them. I totally understand that one, though. I always have cases of drugs accidentally show up in my mail.
                                Sigh. Well at least Cannonade /Drapec is still in business.

Comment

Working...
                                X