Cycling 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probert View Post
    Geesink, Thomas and Porte all out, the first two not much of a surprise. With Geesink and Sagan out and Contador way back sinks my team.

Can we please stop Phil and Paul from talking about the "unwritten" rules. Boy this drives me nuts. Everybody is supposed to stop and wait for Froome because he had a mechanical. But when Porte and Dan Martin crash, Martin in 3rd place, since Thomas had abandoned, 14 seconds behind there's Froome on the front drilling it not waiting at all. He ended up losing a minute. When Quintana and Contador crashed I didn't notice nor did they comment on the Sky train slowing the pace to give them a chance to get back.

The other teams make Sky's job so easy. They have by far the strongest team in the race yet other teams insist on helping them. Why was AG2R on the front? I understand trying to make a move on the downhill, but once it was countered they should have made Sky set the pace. Ditto when Bardet escaped and Aru, Fugalsang and others were helping Froome catch up they should have made him work to bring Bardet back.

On a somewhat cycling note. Did anyone watch the Tour De Pharmacy? I think I will watch it tomorrow on the rest day.
    I didn't really understand why Aru and Fulgsang helped Froome catch Bardet either.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Cycling 2017.

Under the radar with all the crash outs yesterday, Demare was outside the time limit and is now out of the Tour too.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Holy smokes. I missed that.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

When I selected my team, I thought, that's a good solid strong team. Now, both sprinters out, Chavez nowhere to be found, and the only two guys I can count on to get points now are Aru and Yates.

Happy for Uran after 2 or 3 lean years.
          Last edited by rufus; 07-10-2017, 04:09 PM.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Under the radar with all the crash outs yesterday, Demare was outside the time limit and is now out of the Tour too.
            Missed that because he probably hadn't finished by the time they went off the air but I remember at one point they were 37 minutes back and they were speculating the cut off time would be around 40 minutes. I think they had at least 2 teammates with him as well.
            Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

4 FDJ guys, including Arnaud, along with a handful of others including Mark Renshaw missed the cutoff.

Juraj Sagan (Svk) Bora-Hansgrohe
              Matteo Trentin (Ita) Quick-Step Floors
              Mark Renshaw (Aus) Dimension Data
              Ignatas Konovalovas (Ltu) FDJ
              Jacopo Guarnieri (Ita) FDJ
              Mickael Delage (Fra) FDJ
              Arnaud Demare (Fra) FDJ
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Another one bites the dust Rafal Majka withdrew today from injuries he suffered yesterday.

Comment

Another one bites the dust Rafal Majka withdrew today from injuries he suffered yesterday.
                  It's nuts!. I thought Porte did it to himself. To me Froome has this sewed up, as much as I hate to say it. Wish I had kept Aru, but I said that already.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

If I'm being completely honest, I don't hate that froome is dominating again. He seems likable and a decent guy.

I would really like to see Bardet win it though. That would be a sight to see the Champs with a Frenchman in yellow.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

An excellent piece on the unwritten rules

http://www.velonews.com/2017/07/comm...n-rules_443430

Comment

Today was a lot of fun. Exciting to see a Frenchman win on Bastille Day.
                        Code:

Comment

It still interesting with about 7 guys within 2 minutes. Main problem is I think almost all of them are not good time trialists so unless they put some time into Froomie he's still the favorite. Yesterday's stage was one of the most exciting in recent TDF's.

Comment

It still interesting with about 7 guys within 2 minutes. Main problem is I think almost all of them are not good time trialists so unless they put some time into Froomie he's still the favorite. Yesterday's stage was one of the most exciting in recent TDF's.
                            It was great for a relative casual cycling fan like myself to finally see what you guys always talk about as more standard cycling races. I've been stuck watching the Sky, Lance Armstrong team days where every race usually turned out to be the exact same. Rinse and repeat. Hoping someone can beat Froome just to shake things up.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm kind of hoping somebody close but not too close like Contador or Meintjes goes early tomorrow and livens up the stage.

Can anyone tell me what drugs Taylor Phinney is on How can he always be in such a good mood.
                              Last edited by Probert; 07-15-2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Those videos are just bizarre.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X