Cycling 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cycling 2017.

I picked Gilbert just for stages like today(of which several of the sprint stages, and maybe a couple of others are like this, lots of rolling but not backbreaking climbs) and he was nowhere to be found.

But took Demare for the same reason, a sprinter, but like Sagan, get get over the small climbs at the front if he chooses to.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yikes....that ending was awful. Looked like sagan elbowed Cavendish into the fence there at the finish.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Yikes....that ending was awful. Looked like sagan elbowed Cavendish into the fence there at the finish.
        Sagan out.
        http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pete...ampaign=buffer
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I haven't seen it but that seems a bit harsh. I'm guessing the video tells a different story.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I figure they would relegate him but not kick him out. The straight on shot looked worse than the overhead because in the overhead you can see that Cav is coming up from behind and their really isn't much room for him to squeeze between Sagan and the barriers.
            Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
              I figure they would relegate him but not kick him out. The straight on shot looked worse than the overhead because in the overhead you can see that Cav is coming up from behind and their really isn't much room for him to squeeze between Sagan and the barriers.
              Looks like I should have kept ARU after all.

Hard to see anyone but Sky winning at this point.
              Glad Degenkolb can continue I was sure he'd have to withdraw.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
                Late catching up with stages, But I'm in agreement with pretty much everyone that Sagan did nothing wrong. The slowed down video shows that Cav was putting his head and body into Sagan, and Sagan's elbow was simply him trying to get clear of cav's arm/keep himself upright on his own bike. The elbow never even contacted Cav, who was going down before it even went out.

I can see relegating him, just cause it's within their right to do so, but kicking him out of the entire Tour is a bit extreme.

And Cav should be the last one complaining about a rider trying to take other riders out in the sprint, given his past.

Comment

I finally saw the video today. That was utter horse **** that they DQed him. I'm with you Rufus, I could see relegation but the DQ was the TDF officials overstepping.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, I knew Tejay wasn't in the tour this year after seeing him missing on Velo, but I didn't see a reason why. A quick google search didn't give much for recent results either. Did I miss an injury or something?
                    Code:

Comment

He rode the Giro and the Tour de Suisse. That's a heavy workload to then do the Tour. My guess is he'll be their main man for the Vuelta. And falter dismally for the overall, but perhaps salvage a stage win.

Comment

The other thing I found kind of laughable was that they DQ'd Sagan for irregular sprinting yet on the same Stage Demare went waaaay off his line cut off like 5 riders and nothing happened to him he won the stage.

Comment

Nice to see NBC put all 4 hours of their early coverage on NBC today rather than NBC sports, I suspect they will probably spend the first 1/2 hour or so recapping the Sagan story.

Comment

What a horrible crash. Richie Porte looked to be one to keep up with froome.

Terrible.
                            Code:

Comment

Also with the loss of Thomas my team is shot.
                              Code:

Comment

Geesink, Thomas and Porte all out, the first two not much of a surprise. With Geesink and Sagan out and Contador way back sinks my team.

Can we please stop Phil and Paul from talking about the "unwritten" rules. Boy this drives me nuts. Everybody is supposed to stop and wait for Froome because he had a mechanical. But when Porte and Dan Martin crash, Martin in 3rd place, since Thomas had abandoned, 14 seconds behind there's Froome on the front drilling it not waiting at all. He ended up losing a minute. When Quintana and Contador crashed I didn't notice nor did they comment on the Sky train slowing the pace to give them a chance to get back.

The other teams make Sky's job so easy. They have by far the strongest team in the race yet other teams insist on helping them. Why was AG2R on the front? I understand trying to make a move on the downhill, but once it was countered they should have made Sky set the pace. Ditto when Bardet escaped and Aru, Fugalsang and others were helping Froome catch up they should have made him work to bring Bardet back.

On a somewhat cycling note. Did anyone watch the Tour De Pharmacy? I think I will watch it tomorrow on the rest day.

Comment

Working...
                                X