Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77

Thread: UND off season thread

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996

    UND off season thread

    Poganski named 2017-18 season captain
    http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211555990
    Last edited by icehawk; 04-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996

    Re: UND off season thread

    Trevor Olson, Rhett Gardner and Johnny Simonson will wear As.

  3. #3
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: UND off season thread

    Tentative 2017-2018 schedule:

    http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=106578
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,001

    Re: UND off season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Tentative 2017-2018 schedule:

    http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=106578
    I like the schedule. Get the extra two games for traveling to Alaska. A couple of series against traditional rivals from the B1G, which should be much improved next year.

    Sucks only getting one series against Duluth, but that's what an unbalanced schedule will do to you.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  5. #5
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: UND off season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I like the schedule. Get the extra two games for traveling to Alaska. A couple of series against traditional rivals from the B1G, which should be much improved next year.

    Sucks only getting one series against Duluth, but that's what an unbalanced schedule will do to you.
    I like the schedule too, but it would be better to be playing bucky and goofs later in the year.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I like the schedule too, but it would be better to be playing bucky and goofs later in the year.
    I agree. Harvest season could very well keep me from attending.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996

    Re: UND off season thread

    It sounds like Sioux Falls, S.D., will host 2018 regional according to Brad Schlossman
    Last edited by icehawk; 04-13-2017 at 09:31 PM.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996

    Re: UND off season thread


  9. #9
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: UND off season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Probably a good move on his part. With Cam coming back next year I don't think Tomek was going to see much ice time.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Probably a good move on his part. With Cam coming back next year I don't think Tomek was going to see much ice time.
    Oh for sure. Don't blame him one bit. Best of luck to him.

  11. #11
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: UND off season thread

    Brad's article says that Tomek has one year left of eligibility in juniors and then can sign with Philadelphia or go to another college team. Is there some rule that would prevent him from returning to UND?
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  12. #12

    Re: UND off season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Brad's article says that Tomek has one year left of eligibility in juniors and then can sign with Philadelphia or go to another college team. Is there some rule that would prevent him from returning to UND?
    No rule. Quinn Fylling was in a similar situation after his freshman season and came back to UND. My guess is that Brad is just assuming that Tomek will not return based on his sources...but there is no rule preventing him from coming back to North Dakota.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    No rule. Quinn Fylling was in a similar situation after his freshman season and came back to UND. My guess is that Brad is just assuming that Tomek will not return based on his sources...but there is no rule preventing him from coming back to North Dakota.
    I would be shocked if he came back. That bridge has been crossed IMO.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996

    Re: UND off season thread

    Wilkie transferring to CC to join his brother.
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4264989-wilkie-looking-forward-new-start-colorado-college
    Last edited by icehawk; 05-10-2017 at 08:45 PM.

  15. #15
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: UND off season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Wilkie transferring to CC to join his brother.
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...lorado-college
    Even though he didn't do much at UND, I don't think this is a good move for him. If he wants to develop as a hockey player and continue to play after college, this is not the way to go.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,001

    Re: UND off season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Even though he didn't do much at UND, I don't think this is a good move for him. If he wants to develop as a hockey player and continue to play after college, this is not the way to go.
    Yeah, the Carter Rowney story should have been instructive for him. They had almost identical freshman and sophomore years at UND. One of them is now playing in the Eastern Conference Finals for the Stanley Cup.

    But c'est la vie. I wish him the best.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  17. #17
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: UND off season thread

    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  18. #18
    Registered User Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,267

    Re: UND off season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Very Admirable.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX


    The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

    this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Now that is quite the accomplishment. Good for him

  20. #20
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: UND off season thread

    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •