UND off season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND off season thread

Another legend passes away. Not new news but I hadn't seen this until today.

http://www.undsports.com//ViewArticl...CLID=211619790
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
      Another legend passes away. Not new news but I hadn't seen this until today.

http://www.undsports.com//ViewArticl...CLID=211619790
      Very interesting how he was allowed to play as a freshman due to the Korean war.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Add another former player to have his name in the Cup. Congrats to the undrafted Carter Rowney.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Incoming freshman
          http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=211633692
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

The last time UND only have 1 player get drafted was in 1999. Commodore was the only player drafted. That year didn't turn out to bad. 👍
            Last edited by icehawk; 06-25-2017, 07:52 AM.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

2017-18 roster. So much for only having Canucks on the team. 18 USA players, 6 Canucks, 1 Finn, and 1 Norwegian.
              http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect...&Q_SEASON=2017
              Last edited by icehawk; 06-28-2017, 08:17 AM.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Another GF native verbally commits to UND.
                http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...nz-commits-und
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  2017-18 roster. So much for only having Canucks on the team. 18 USA players, 6 Canucks, 1 Finn, and 1 Norwegian.
                  http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect...&Q_SEASON=2017
                  If you listen to Gopher fans, UND IS all Canadian and at least 25-years-old.
                  Last edited by Goon; 07-06-2017, 02:17 PM.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                    I don't listen to gopher fans.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                      Just the good players. UND typically keeps a few locals around to teach the Canadians how to pee in elevators, throw lawn mowers, goon up a handshake line, stuff like that.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        Just the good players. UND typically keeps a few locals around to teach the Canadians how to pee in elevators, throw lawn mowers, goon up a handshake line, stuff like that.
                        Anything else would be uncivilized.

Comment

I see the "UND night" ticket package at the Twins game at Target Field tonight is sold out. Geez, apparently we even travel well to baseball games.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            I see the "UND night" ticket package at the Twins game at Target Field tonight is sold out. Geez, apparently we even travel well to baseball games.
                            Really? I wonder how many more seats were sold compared to their average. The orioles can't be that big a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Really? I wonder how many more seats were sold compared to their average. The orioles can't be that big a draw.
                              They had a special UND ticket package. You got a UND hat with it. Also, some of the ticket price is turned over to the Alumni Association.

My guess is there was probably a limited number of tickets in that "package." I doubt it would top 5000 tickets.

http://m.mlb.com/twins/tickets/theme-tickets/und
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Sounds like Karl Goehring is leaving UND for the NHL. I'm betting Jake Brandt will replace him as goalie coach.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X