Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 153

Thread: UAA 2017 offseason

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    810

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    The Brown Bears ended up raising just over $300,000, saving them for another season. Another reason that proves the Aces owners gave no ****s about Anchorage, the state, hockey fans, it's employees, etc. **** them forever and always.

  2. #22
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,249

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    The Brown Bears ended up raising just over $300,000, saving them for another season. Another reason that proves the Aces owners gave no ****s about Anchorage, the state, hockey fans, it's employees, etc. **** them forever and always.
    I kinda see your point, but $300,000 is a small drop in the bucket compared to what the Aces needed to stay alive.

    UAA's latest recruit:
    http://bchl.ca/player?playerId=1429&season=25
    Last edited by Suze; 04-19-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    810

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I kinda see your point, but $300,000 is a small drop in the bucket compared to what the Aces needed to stay alive.

    UAA's latest recruit:
    http://bchl.ca/player?playerId=1429&season=25
    The Aces "fanbase" is much larger.

    Solid recruit.
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

    2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

  4. #24
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,249

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    The Aces "fanbase" is much larger.

    Solid recruit.
    I have no idea how many fans go to the Brown Bear games. What they did was impressive! Do you know the seating capacity of where they play in Soldotna?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I have no idea how many fans go to the Brown Bear games. What they did was impressive! Do you know the seating capacity of where they play in Soldotna?
    Suze, you told me that the seating Capacity was 2,000 when the Seawolves played down there a game.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    810

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Now if only the NHL followed suit:

    “It is important that our current and future Seawolves recognize the legacy left behind by the players that came before them,” said Thomas. “From Craig Homan, our first MVP, to Justin Johnson, a four-year Cornerman Award honoree, these athletes have aided our program with great distinction and serve as examples to strive for. It is only fitting that we make these honors permanent.”

    Of the 10 team awards, six have been renamed. Come April 28 at the annual All-Sport Awards Banquet, current members of the team will receive the following honors; the Craig Homan Most Valuable Player Award, the Dean Larson Rookie of the Year Award, the Jeff Batters Defensive Player of Year Award, the McEnaney/Kraft Most Inspirational Player Award, the Justin Johnson Corner Man Award, and the Mike Peluso Most Improved Player Award.

    Link: http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211567001
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

    2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

  7. #27
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,249

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Suze, you told me that the seating Capacity was 2,000 when the Seawolves played down there a game.
    LOL. You probably asked me and I looked it up!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    591

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    There is a good article on KTVA where Coach Thomas is trying to build the program by linking the traditions of the past.

    http://www.ktva.com/thomas-tips-cap-...es-future-968/

    I think we need to start winning first and getting people back to games. However, I hope they do not cut the internet live feed during home games, so I can watch it live from San Antonio.

  9. #29
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,249

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    There is a good article on KTVA where Coach Thomas is trying to build the program by linking the traditions of the past.

    http://www.ktva.com/thomas-tips-cap-...es-future-968/

    I think we need to start winning first and getting people back to games. However, I hope they do not cut the internet live feed during home games, so I can watch it live from San Antonio.
    You should be able to watch via WCHA TV.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  10. #30
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,520

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    You should be able to watch via WCHA TV.
    ... for various definitions of the word "watch".

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    As reported in a very good newspaper for a place that may be undeserving:

    http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_...02c1d39f1.html

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    810

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    10 home games for us in the second half, compared to the 7 in the first half. Thomas' teams have fared better in the second half, should be interesting also playing UA_ six times!

    Link: http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1617/201705/may4wcm_uaa.pdf
    Last edited by AKSWF; 05-04-2017 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Rhett &
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

    2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

  13. #33
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,500

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    So the Nooks could clinch the Cup by Dec 9th this year. Sweeeet.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    21

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    So the Nooks could clinch the Cup by Dec 9th this year. Sweeeet.
    No, the home and home set is a non-conference/non-Gov. Cup weekend.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    21

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by DTuttle View Post
    No, the home and home set is a non-conference/non-Gov. Cup weekend.
    My mistake...they do all count. Sorry.

  16. #36
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,500

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by DTuttle View Post
    My mistake...they do all count. Sorry.
    No problem. I had to read it twice also. The thought must be that besides just keeping both teams in game shape, these intra-league non-conference games are pretty meaningless unless they are linked to Gov Cup standings.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Olivier gone?

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    21

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Olivier gone?
    Nope

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Valley Trash
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    No problem. I had to read it twice also. The thought must be that besides just keeping both teams in game shape, these intra-league non-conference games are pretty meaningless unless they are linked to Gov Cup standings.
    Fills out the schedule, and cheaper. I'm not a huge fan of it but I understand the realities right now.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    810

    Re: UAA 2017 offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Fills out the schedule, and cheaper. I'm not a huge fan of it but I understand the realities right now.
    I'd much rather start the season with the home and home, feels like a better way to start the season against your rival then various teams that left us out to dry.
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

    2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •