Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Cripes gang. No credit for the home team? That wasn't Johnson & Wales out there.
    Maybe when 91 pipes up you will get an assessment as since he wen5 to the SLU game I assume he went to this game too

However it appears to be a fairly consistent theme on all Hockey East threads this year to point out your own teams issues and not give much credit to the other team
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Cripes gang. No credit for the home team? That wasn't Johnson & Wales out there.
      True but that is how a ranked team plays at home against a ranked squad...
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Leaman never took Harvey out of the lineup when he was absolute trash, same with Hart, and continued to play Monk over Florentino last year...The players and year’s change but the coaching never changes. The decision to play Cromwell on Saturday is odd since he has barely played in his PC career even though when he plays he is fine. Ziesky gets benched? The way the third and fourth lines are a revolving door for the players in the seven years of Nate, it is really odd.
        How odd can it be to choose Cromwell? You have Conger out long term, Printz is out having mono, Tait injured his knee vs SLU. You are forced to rush Foley back (Divver tweeted earlier in week return would be sooner than later but during the game Divver tweeted how surprised he was Foley was in lineup—he hadn’t practiced in 2 weeks and clearly Divver had talked with Leaman for a little inside scoop). So dressing your 12th Forward came down to picking one of your 2 walk on forwards. Just a guess but that choice was not a game changer. Maybe with Printz out Cromwell’s size was what he preferred for the 12th spot

Harvey had his issues but choices were limited. First he (Harvey’s jr and Hart soph year). PC had so little depth Dave Brown and Veliackek had to play Forward and Barret Kaib played regularly too before disappearing into obscurity. The next year your 7/8 defensive guys were an injured Adams and Will Goss. Hart’s senior year Adams missed all but 7 games, you still had Goss and your other extra defenseman was A freshman Monk who if you are griping about the senior version why would you want the freshman version?

It was not as far as dressing a Florentino/Monk thing, it was a Desharnais/Florentino choice which seemed to even be the pair he flipped himself. If you complain about Monk over Florentino it was a point an on pp thing
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Are you familiar with this thread, praytell?
          Yes. The dump and suck era posts were very entertaining.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            How odd can it be to choose Cromwell? You have Conger out long term, Printz is out having mono, Tait injured his knee vs SLU. You are forced to rush Foley back (Divver tweeted earlier in week return would be sooner than later but during the game Divver tweeted how surprised he was Foley was in lineup—he hadn’t practiced in 2 weeks and clearly Divver had talked with Leaman for a little inside scoop). So dressing your 12th Forward came down to picking one of your 2 walk on forwards. Just a guess but that choice was not a game changer. Maybe with Printz out Cromwell’s size was what he preferred for the 12th spot

Harvey had his issues but choices were limited. First he (Harvey’s jr and Hart soph year). PC had so little depth Dave Brown and Veliackek had to play Forward and Barret Kaib played regularly too before disappearing into obscurity. The next year your 7/8 defensive guys were an injured Adams and Will Goss. Hart’s senior year Adams missed all but 7 games, you still had Goss and your other extra defenseman was A freshman Monk who if you are griping about the senior version why would you want the freshman version?

It was not as far as dressing a Florentino/Monk thing, it was a Desharnais/Florentino choice which seemed to even be the pair he flipped himself. If you complain about Monk over Florentino it was a point an on pp thing
            I was talking about Harvey's senior season which had the core of the national championship team as freshmen with Parisi, Gilmour, Velischek, Hart, Shamanski, and Goss while Adams was injured.

Florentino played only 30 games last year while Vincent had 32 games...Think about that! Leaman believed Vincent was a better player last year over Anthony.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              True but that is how a ranked team plays at home against a ranked squad...
              True, Clarkson played very well, almost flawless.
              However the friars have been quite ugly especially defensively since the midway point of the BC game. Not skating like a Leaman coached team.
              Time for some significant adjustments.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                True, Clarkson played very well, almost flawless.
                However the friars have been quite ugly especially defensively since the midway point of the BC game. Not skating like a Leaman coached team.
                Time for some significant adjustments.
                Can’t agree more. The defense keeps blowing 2 goal leads and if the offense doesn’t show up, you get what you had last night.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

BC and BU coming in this weekend. Hoping to leave my tiny Island and get to at least one game if not both. Who's going? Whose buying me a soda? Where's the buzz? Huge weekend for our Friars to round out October! No really, whose buying me a drink?

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                    BC and BU coming in this weekend. Hoping to leave my tiny Island and get to at least one game if not both. Who's going? Whose buying me a soda? Where's the buzz? Huge weekend for our Friars to round out October! No really, whose buying me a drink?
                    I'll buy if you're wearing your purple pajamas!
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      I'll buy if you're wearing your purple pajamas!
                      All my fashionable attire has been lost to the ages due to my exponential growth.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        All my fashionable attire has been lost to the ages due to my exponential growth.
                        Too fat to fit, eh? 😂
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

FYI:

Comment

Me and sterlippo were planning on coming down tomorrow and then business got in the way.
                            I'll hook you two clowns up for the return match at Conte on January 12th if you want. No need to buy me a drink... buy me dinner!
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              You can get alcohol in the pavilion if you are a senior ticket holder...

Comment

Oh give me a break Leaman...Blaming the GOALTENDER for the poor defense last week. This is a quote from Divver's article this week (LINK).

Across town at Providence College, Hayden Hawkey had a strong season-opening weekend at Miami early this month, but hasn’t been nearly as good in his last three starts, allowing 13 goals in just over eight periods. His save percentage for the season is .871.

“We better start getting some saves, I can tell you that. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out .870′s not going to get it done,″ said Leaman, not one to mince words, after practice on Tuesday. “We’re going to evaluate things in practice this week and go with the guy who we feel will do the best job Friday night.″

In Saturday’s 4-0 loss at ninth-ranked Clarkson, Gabe Mollot-Hill, a 6-foot-4 freshman from Bloomington of the USHL, relieved Hawkey for the final 16 minutes, giving up one goal. “They only had four shots in the third period, so he didn’t really get much work,″ Leaman said.
                                Why don't you EVALUATE your terrible defense you have recruited? Let's blame the goalie which is the easy way out for Nate.

Comment

Working...
                                X