Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    PC had four guys drafted on the team in 2005-2006 which was .500 so yea they have a few more guys picked but very few high level guys since Janko and Gillies. Coincidence that Barr has brought in more high skilled guys at UMass quickly while Leaman/Borek isn't bringing that in?

Janko and Gillies. Hmm. Funny we had a poster on here who told us how much they sucked and weren’t living up to expectations.

Oh wait a minute now I remember. That was you!
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      Janko and Gillies. Hmm. Funny we had a poster on here who told us how much they sucked and weren’t living up to expectations.

And they didn't....Jankowski had a senior season where he was a point a game guy. Before that senior year, he had 60 points in 100 games for a first round pick.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        Umass' guys were recruited before barr got there, but who am I to rain on your thunderstorm of negativity
        Still were able to keep him from giving up on his commitment. So they have to get credit for it.

Comment

Still were able to keep him from giving up on his commitment. So they have to get credit for it.
          Wait til you see Providence's 2018 freshman class. It will be the best in school history. Mayotte, Borek and Leaman do a great job on recruiting trail.

BTW, only once before in the history of the program has PC won 20 or more games 4 seasons in a row. It happened last four years and this season will almost certainly be first time ever the Friars have won 20+ five years in a row.

Complain about something else.
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post

I missed USCHO soooooo much.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Big test right out of the gate for the Friars this weekend vs. Miami. Good way to start if you ask me. Did you ask me? No? Ok, well it's still going to be a good test for PC. There I said it! Discuss...

Comment

Friars win 3-1. Good start to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Big test right out of the gate for the Friars this weekend vs. Miami. Good way to start if you ask me. Did you ask me? No? Ok, well it's still going to be a good test for PC. There I said it! Discuss...
                  They start with them next year at the Icebreaker tourney hosted by Mercyhurst

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
                    Friars win 3-1. Good start to the season.
                    Printz's goal was a beauty with a nice finish on a breakaway and Tait buried his chance. I think the Wilkins goal was very soft as the goalie needs to make that save at this level.

Hawkey had no chance on the Miami goal.

Link to the video highlights
                    http://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-p...ghts---10-6-17

Comment

Printz's goal was a beauty with a nice finish on a breakaway and Tait buried his chance. I think the Wilkins goal was very soft as the goalie needs to make that save at this level.

Hawkey had no chance on the Miami goal.

Link to the video highlights
                      http://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-p...ghts---10-6-17
                      Wow. I think X-Lax just actually said something positive about a PC player. I guess there's a first for everything.

Comment

Highlights from Game 2 http://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-p...ghts---10-7-17

Comment

They start with them next year at the Icebreaker tourney hosted by Mercyhurst
                          Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. I think they are a tough team to play despite PC's record against them. I like Miami's program and feel that they are well coached and the players play hard.

I like that PC has had them on the schedule at the beginning of year for the past few years.

Comment

FYI - From Mark Divver's Rinkside Rhode Island blog.

Junior winger Erik Foley and freshman winger Bailey Conger were injured in Saturday night’s 3-2 win.
                            Foley did not practice on Wednesday. It’s not known if he will be available for PC’s home opener on Sunday against Boston College.
                            Conger is expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks with a hand injury.
                            From https://rinksiderhodeisland.com/2017...r-miami-sweep/

Comment

Can one of the esteemed historians tell me when the last time BC, BU & UML all lost at home on the same day in the non-conference schedule?

Wisconsin 5 - BC 2
                              Minny St 6 - BU 3
                              Omaha - 4 - UML 2

I was worried opening the schedule with BC & BU but the timing might be right to play these guys early.

Comment

Terrible PC loss. This has to be on Leaman as they stopped playing for the final 37 minutes or so of the game.

PC captain Brian Pinho was absolute trash all night and the reason he is playing is? You would think a senior would be better but he was horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X