Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Five straight 20 win seasons for Leaman's teams? Not bad. Looking at the schedule, Northeastern has a chance to pass PC only by having 1 more game to play. Don't think it's that big a difference whether you may end up with the #6 or #7 team in the conference tourney 2nd round.

Comment

So i order to at least share the Hockey East title, we need to beat UMASS (which won't be easy, it's a road game on a Saturday) and Maine needs to sweep BC (!) and our friends the Skating Mother Theresas need to stop disrespecting Dick Umile and take at least one point from Northeastern.

Would have been nice to get more than one point in Vermont and not drop games to UCONN and UNH.
      Basically, we should be okay with 2nd or 3rd place in the league and take it from there.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

So when Shane is back in the lineup, how do we look up front line wise?? Should be gearing up for a run with stable lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarHog89 View Post
          So when Shane is back in the lineup, how do we look up front line wise?? Should be gearing up for a run with stable lines.
          Hennessy goes to the bench?
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
            So i order to at least share the Hockey East title, we need to beat UMASS (which won't be easy, it's a road game on a Saturday) and Maine needs to sweep BC (!) and our friends the Skating Mother Theresas need to stop disrespecting Dick Umile and take at least one point from Northeastern.

Would have been nice to get more than one point in Vermont and not drop games to UCONN and UNH.
            Basically, we should be okay with 2nd or 3rd place in the league and take it from there.
            Forgot the road loss to UMass
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Maine and UNH getting stomped right now. 3rd place.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I would not be surprised to see BC win the HE tourney to get into the big tourney they appear to be getting better every game now

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                  I would not be surprised to see BC win the HE tourney to get into the big tourney they appear to be getting better every game now
                  BC getting in probably knocks out PC or NU given how crappy the league is. Just. Keep. Winning.

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Looks like only changes tonight were Robbie being swapped out for the returning Kavanagh. Right Jon, they just have to keep winning. But I don't think PC is in jeopardy of being bumped out unless they get smoked in the HE tournament quarterfinals.

Comment

No free stream for this one looks like....going to have to listen to Mike Logan

Friars got smoked at UMASS early in the season...UMASS can play a pretty chippy game need to stay out of the box...

Comment

UMASS takes lead less than 5 mins into first period...not a good start

Comment

NU slapping around UNH again and we can’t score. Bleh

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            NU slapping around UNH again and we can’t score. Bleh
                            The lack of any Tweets from either us or UMASS leads me to think this is a snoozer.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Remains 1-0 after 2..

UMASS giving Friars opportunities on PP but PC cannot take advantage...

UMASS goalie styming them....

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                                Remains 1-0 after 2..

UMASS giving Friars opportunities on PP but PC cannot take advantage...

UMASS goalie styming them....
                                Pooley-esque.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X