Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    Loved it when Souza was playing, you hit him a couple of times and he would lose it and be in the box at least twice in the game.....hot head
    You hit it right on the head. He was our Omicioli(s). Mentally soft and worth tons of time in the box because they couldn't help themselves it seemed.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
      You hit it right on the head. He was our Omicioli(s). Mentally soft and worth tons of time in the box because they couldn't help themselves it seemed.
      I"m just happy that someone referenced the Omiciolis. That brings me back.

Hawkey struggled early last season which makes me wonder how much of a flight risk he could be. He - and everyone else - improved dramatically over the course of the season. I'm good with having a backup get more time as long as we still have a clear number one.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Good to see 2 ex Friars playing important rolls for the Bruins in the playoffs

Comment

Are things this dead on campus????

Comment

PC recruit Dugan ranked 1 for USHL Phase II Draft:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...-dugan-verrier
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

[QUOTE=NorthernFriar;6480154]You continue to lament about the lack of playing time all season for Florentino (is this something personal?). The one thing I've learned about Leaman, is that he is ruthless and will make any decision he needs to make with the lineup to win. Some of the biggest wins of the season came without Florentino in the lineup (Denver, Vermont, Lowell, etc.), I suspect there must have been some reason to limit his appearances? On the other hand, Leaman has been quoted in saying that the overall play of both Bryson & Young has been one of the many significant factors in this team making the tourney. It should also be noted that Young suffered an upper bod injury early in the season and was contemplating surgery and red-shirting, but decided to stick it out and put off surgery until after the season. Let's wait and see how these guys perform next season, every year brings a new team and season. I put my faith in the coaching staff that at least has the credentials to make these decision, rather than the people on this forum and there one-off remarks. Let's move onto a new season and keep it positive (Quote)

Leaman deserves the faith but neither of those two are close to Florentino
              And there isn't a single situation where team would have been better on ice

Comment

Rhodes tops list of USPHL players eligible for USHL Phase II Draft

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...-stinil-kerner
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Been quite a while with no new happenings on the hill

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernFriar View Post
                    You continue to lament about the lack of playing time all season for Florentino (is this something personal?). The one thing I've learned about Leaman, is that he is ruthless and will make any decision he needs to make with the lineup to win. Some of the biggest wins of the season came without Florentino in the lineup (Denver, Vermont, Lowell, etc.), I suspect there must have been some reason to limit his appearances? On the other hand, Leaman has been quoted in saying that the overall play of both Bryson & Young has been one of the many significant factors in this team making the tourney. It should also be noted that Young suffered an upper bod injury early in the season and was contemplating surgery and red-shirting, but decided to stick it out and put off surgery until after the season. Let's wait and see how these guys perform next season, every year brings a new team and season. I put my faith in the coaching staff that at least has the credentials to make these decision, rather than the people on this forum and there one-off remarks. Let's move onto a new season and keep it positive.
                    Maybe the reason for the success of that national championship squad was Ben Barr and his recruiting ability? He has improved the recruiting a ton at UMass already. We have seen Borek's lack of success at UNH over the years.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Am I wrong or is this the earliest that PC has released the schedule for hockey? I'm glad it's out and it looks pretty interesting. Well done releasing it so early!

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...e/schedule.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        Am I wrong or is this the earliest that PC has released the schedule for hockey? I'm glad it's out and it looks pretty interesting. Well done releasing it so early!

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...e/schedule.pdf
                        3 games each against BU and bc. Oof. That is rough. Would be a great PWR bump though if your boys could get some wins there.
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

This schedule says they better be ready on day one, its a tough start

Comment

Nothing doing at the rink in more than a week ????

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                              Nothing doing at the rink in more than a week ????
                              2 of our incoming recruits were on the championship team in ushl --Ben Mirageas in particular played well in playoffs. He was also invited to a draft showcase

Last week added another forward Bailey Conger. He had previously committed to SLU and RPI but each time reopened after coaching change. I believe he was hurt part of this season.
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                                Last week added another forward Bailey Conger. He had previously committed to SLU and RPI but each time reopened after coaching change. I believe he was hurt part of this season.
                                Surprised Conger didn't end up at UMass with the SLU coach.

We really need to pay attention to the caliber of recruits UMass has brought in under Ben Barr who built that PC National Championship team.
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X