Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Real small crowd, probably no more than 800. Too bad the team doesn't get more support. Should do a better job of marketing the program, and lower the ticket prices to get more butts in the seats. The students just don't care. The P-Bruins had nearly 10,000 at the Dunk at the same time the Friars can't draw 1,000. This is a hockey area, so where is everybody? Thoughts??

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
      Real small crowd, probably no more than 800. Too bad the team doesn't get more support. Should do a better job of marketing the program, and lower the ticket prices to get more butts in the seats. The students just don't care. The P-Bruins had nearly 10,000 at the Dunk at the same time the Friars can't draw 1,000. This is a hockey area, so where is everybody? Thoughts??
      Technically it was 2200 which means 800 unsold seats. I think they get more phantom ticket holders show up every once in awhile. I have new season ticket holders next to me, alumni, who have been maybe half the time and spend most t8me in O’Leary

That said I think they have priced out the families who use to come. The student issue seems to be a common issue and PC is Small so splitting what little time they will spend on watching sports with basketball kills support. Plus being on campus makes it so easy to leave the hockey game
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I thought they played like they just met each other in the lobby except for Hawkey and Wilkins the rest looked lost and if that happens tonight the score will switch.......wake up time Ireland is the future this is now

And the tix price is way too much, they are lucky to have a generous alumni to buy those seats.....$30 for BC ?????
        Last edited by satyking; 11-19-2017, 08:07 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
          I thought they played like they just met each other in the lobby except for Hawkey and Wilkins the rest looked lost and if that happens tonight the score will switch.......wake up time Ireland is the future this is now
          the good news is that they played poorly, committed two majors yet still gutted out the win? I guess? Wake up call?

Haven’t we been bemoaning the inadequate fan response for about 20 years now? It wasn’t great in the Pooley years.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Basketball and football are the college "glamour" sports, the ones that will always draw big crowds. I'd be curious to look at attendance of other schools/sports and what else they offer people. There's just a lot for students to do that doesn't involve sports events in Providence.

Comment

We’re losing 5-1. 40 minutes to go. This isn’t great.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                We’re losing 5-1. 40 minutes to go. This isn’t great.
                Sometimes I think our starting goalie has a gambling problem and the wise guys let him make up his loses every now and again.😋🙉🙊🙈
                As I Bruins fan I'm glad he's gonna be a Canadian. 👍😎

All kidding aside I think our defense is close to terrible more games than I'd like to see but at times he makes a tremendous save then let's in a softie.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Sometimes I think our starting goalie has a gambling problem and the wise guys let him make up his loses every now and again.😋🙉🙊🙈

All kidding aside I think our defense is close to terrible more games than I'd like to see but at times he makes a tremendous save then let's in a softie.
                  Now down 5-4. Twenty minutes to complete the come back

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Now down 5-4. Twenty minutes to complete the come back
                    I'll take the point and the 6-6 tie. Mollot-Hill has been solid in relief!

Comment

The defense was atrocious on Friday night...Hawkey made 3 or 4 point blank shots that a good team buries...Looks like Merrimack took advantage of that poor defense that LEAMAN has recruited.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I'll take the point and the 6-6 tie. Mollot-Hill has been solid in relief!
                        This is why I hate shootouts. That one point is great after the first period debacle.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Oh, great to see that leadership from Pinho when down two goals in the third period taking a 10 minute misconduct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            This is why I hate shootouts. That one point is great after the first period debacle.
                            I had shut it off at 5-1 but kept an eye on the score on Twitter. Will take the point, as the team needed to do a lot of catching up to get back in the game.

Comment

Maybe the fourth goal Hawkey allowed he would want back...the others ones are bad breaks (deflections off of Hennessey and Davis failing down on a 2 on 1 after a terrible pinch by Bryson)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hbUNceLTtA

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                The defense was atrocious on Friday night...Hawkey made 3 or 4 point blank shots that a good team buries...Looks like Merrimack took advantage of that poor defense that LEAMAN has recruited.
                                Dope.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X