Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

As much as it sucks to settle for one point, we were on the road against a team in the middle of a three game winning streak, and we’re two points out of first with tie breakers against NU and BC. So, could be worse?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      As much as it sucks to settle for one point, we were on the road against a team in the middle of a three game winning streak, and we’re two points out of first with tie breakers against NU and BC. So, could be worse?
      Looks like PC improved in the PWR also...
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Looks like PC improved in the PWR also...
        Not to sound like you. Last night there were a lot of clear cut game where you knew who to cheer for. Case in point 3 NCHC close to PC played 2 teams PC can’t catch through end of season and one far enough behind who PC beat twice. The 3 teams PC needed to win won

Don’t want to bank on what other teams do to get in.
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Not to sound like you. Last night there were a lot of clear cut game where you knew who to cheer for. Case in point 3 NCHC close to PC played 2 teams PC can’t catch through end of season and one far enough behind who PC beat twice. The 3 teams PC needed to win won

Don’t want to bank on what other teams do to get in.
          Especially given how horrible the loss tonight is. Regardless of where we sit in the rankings, I can see PC missing out if they can’t figure out how to win a game on a Saturday.
          Last edited by Jon; 02-03-2018, 08:31 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Looking ahead to next weekend, PC basically has to sweep Maine to keep up with BC and NU. Both of whom are playing one game because of the Beanpot. The Alternator Thieves are better this year.

-Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Especially given how horrible the loss tonight is. Regardless of where we sit in the rankings, I can see PC missing out if they can’t figure out how to win a game on a Saturday.
              Vermont deserved the Win.
              Their power play much superior to the friars.
              They blocked a ton of shots (28)

Comment

Looking ahead to next weekend, PC basically has to sweep Maine to keep up with BC and NU. Both of whom are playing one game because of the Beanpot. The Alternator Thieves are better this year.
                Only one game vs Maine next weekend as the other was in Belfast.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                  Vermont deserved the Win.
                  Their power play much superior to the friars.
                  They blocked a ton of shots (28)
                  It is becoming a lost season...got to think this senior class hasn’t been challenged enough throughout their careers. They came into a national championship squad and been in the tourney every year. Zero adversity faced.

Very interesting that I can’t remember the last time Lemos dressed. Not saying he should but a forward who was dressing consistently in his first two years

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    It is becoming a lost season...got to think this senior class hasn’t been challenged enough throughout their careers. They came into a national championship squad and been in the tourney every year. Zero adversity faced.

Very interesting that I can’t remember the last time Lemos dressed. Not saying he should but a forward who was dressing consistently in his first two years
                    Well then tell Jake he’s not giving the team enough senior leadership
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      I have my minions looking for your car. You would think it would be easy finding you with the pipe and all.

https://goo.gl/images/6OwHWs

Old Jon is tough to peg down in one location or another.

Last edited by BlackI; 02-03-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Go pats!

Comment

This sounds exactly like what the UML fans have have saying all season as well.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Luckily they only play on Friday next week

Alumni/Parents weekend should be a big home crowd for the Maine game....

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              I have my minions looking for your car. You would think it would be easy finding you with the pipe and all.

https://goo.gl/images/6OwHWs

Old Jon is tough to peg down in one location or another.

I am a shifty mofo.

And even after that crappy weekend, Pc can still be in first if we beat Maine and UCONN and UML win.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I am a shifty mofo.

And even after that crappy weekend, Pc can still be in first if we beat Maine and UCONN and UML win.
                                Or UML tie but NE is still in the running

Comment

Working...
                                X