Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

The Friars are #6!!! Tough game in Boston on Friday but hopefully they can keep up the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
      The Friars are #6!!! Tough game in Boston on Friday but hopefully they can keep up the momentum.
      You have to assume that after being shut out by PC and losing a toughie to the number one team in the country, BU is going to come out playing with their hair on fire. We need the Hawkey from last weekend, especially in the first.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        You have to assume that after being shut out by PC and losing a toughie to the number one team in the country, BU is going to come out playing with their hair on fire. We need the Hawkey from last weekend, especially in the first.
        I agree and PC is going to need to be at their best front the drop of the puck. I imagine that BU is going to come out flying. It should be the Friars toughest game of the young season.

Comment

I was at The Coffin on Saturday and watched a PC squad shut out BU. I saw a team poised to make a run. I hope PC doesn't dump Nate and watch him end up as Umile's replacement.

Comment

I agree and PC is going to need to be at their best front the drop of the puck. I imagine that BU is going to come out flying. It should be the Friars toughest game of the young season.
            mookie wishes

could be one of those 'second verse, same as the first' weekends
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Another shutout of PC...Nice leadership there by the captain who is killing them as their top line center.

One goal and two assists isn’t getting it done in EIGHT games.

Let’s hold him accountable and take him off the top line and an atrocious power play unit.

Leaman calls out his goaltender but thinks all is right with Pinho and Conway struggling...yep, blame the goalie when you lose Nate but you don’t get on your terrible offense and power play.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

First time poster, but long time reader of this thread.

Another negative post by ZLAX, yet nothing after two impressive wins the week before. What kind of "fan" does that?

PC fans deserve a more positive approach. We have an excellent team and coaching staff as most knowledgeable fans realize, (and as reflected in the national rankings). It is early in the young season and I anticipate much more excitement to come. So far PC has a winning record at home and on the road, not many teams can say that.

Hate to see this hijacked by somebody who doesn't seem to really want success, (no posts for that), but thrives on any opportunity to players and coaches down, (so after a loss you know who will be the first poster).

Comment

Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post

Another negative post by ZLAX, yet nothing after two impressive wins the week before. What kind of "fan" does that?

PC fans deserve a more positive approach. We have an excellent team and coaching staff as most knowledgeable fans realize, (and as reflected in the national rankings). It is early in the young season and I anticipate much more excitement to come. So far PC has a winning record at home and on the road, not many teams can say that.

Hate to see this hijacked by somebody who doesn't seem to really want success, (no posts for that), but thrives on any opportunity to players and coaches down, (so after a loss you know who will be the first poster).
                  Welcome to the PC Thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post

Oh look Nate decided to make an account to talk on here...

Fact is this team is 2-2 in Hockey East splitting with BU and BC. If you are happy with splitting with a terrible BC team and a BU squad which has struggled, I am sorry but that isn’t impressive.

They have a coach right now who is trying to line himself up for a pro job and hasn’t improved this team since the fluke national title. They have one elite player right now while everyone else is playing poorly

Comment

Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post

He is on my ignore list, just got tired of reading his crap

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        since the fluke national title.
                        LOL. Yup it was a total fluke. Beating teams like Denver and Miami before beating BU in Boston.

Done trying to take you seriously. You're a bitter UNH fan and I don't blame you because that once solid program has been a joke for years and now that Umile is stepping down they are finally having a decent season. You have an ax to grind with the PC program for whatever reason but calling PC's championship a fluke is ridiculous and really puts into perspective how much of a troll you have become.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          LOL. Yup it was a total fluke. Beating teams like Denver and Miami before beating BU in Boston.

Done trying to take you seriously. You're a bitter UNH fan and I don't blame you because that once solid program has been a joke for years and now that Umile is stepping down they are finally having a decent season. You have an ax to grind with the PC program for whatever reason but calling PC's championship a fluke is ridiculous and really puts into perspective how much of a troll you have become.
                          Whitey speaks the truth!
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

LOL. Yup it was a total fluke. Beating teams like Denver and Miami before beating BU in Boston. .
                            UNO was pretty ****ed good as well if I recall.
                            PC was seriously pressing before O'Connor scored on himself.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              UNO was pretty ****ed good as well if I recall.
                              PC was seriously pressing before O'Connor scored on himself.
                              Puck bounced over a Miami’s player stick to tie the game, the contact to the head penalty against Denver, the drop in the net by O’Connor and then the interference run on the game winning goal. It was a fluke BU made it that far also as Yale hit a post in OT in the opening game of the tourney.

This team needs leadership starting from the top instead of playing mind games with players.

Foley should get the heck out of PC at the end of the year and Ryczek should be thinking of transferring!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Puck bounced over a Miami’s player stick to tie the game, the contact to the head penalty against Denver, the drop in the net by O’Connor and then the interference run on the game winning goal. It was a fluke BU made it that far also as Yale hit a post in OT in the opening game of the tourney.

This team needs leadership starting from the top instead of playing mind games with players.

Foley should get the heck out of PC at the end of the year and Ryczek should be thinking of transferring!
                                More sage advice from a troubled soul. Hopefully players and coaches don't visit this thread to read these wicked observations, clearly made up from a well of torment and ill will. Maybe that is too bad really, imagine the progress any program would make by following these unorthodox suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                                X