Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

After beating the first place team in HE, coming away with a tie on Saturday PC is up to #10. Also, Hawkey as HE defensive player of the week for another time. Slow news day for a Monday but this is a good start.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarHog89 View Post
      Fourth line might not be producing lately but have been good. I don't think any changes are necessary, they have been playing a lot of heavy minutes, take a lot of D zone draws and contribute to the PK.

On another note, Desharnais was quite impressive against BU. Won all his battles against Greenway throughout the game.
      I wasn’t the one that brought up line changes with the fourth line...just replying to the people saying Vimal should be benched in favor of Robbie.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
        After beating the first place team in HE, coming away with a tie on Saturday PC is up to #10. Also, Hawkey as HE defensive player of the week for another time. Slow news day for a Monday but this is a good start.
        Foley and Pinho were named Hobey Baker nominees and former PC coach Paul Pooley’s son Scott was also named

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          PP opportunities are way in favor of Providence right now and I would expect old man York to give the refs the old wink and PC will be called for multiple penalties.
          Oh zlax if only that worked for York. If you think BC usually gets favorable treatment from refs you haven't been watching for at least 5 years.

Comment

Friars could use a road W tonite,
            Will happen if Hawkeyes keeps it going( 6 goals last 6 games ) and if Desharnais continues to play well ( plus 6 for last 6 games ) and if Conway and Vimal learn to stay out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
              Will happen if Hawkeyes keeps it going( 6 goals last 6 games ) and if Desharnais continues to play well ( plus 6 for last 6 games ) and if Conway and Vimal learn to stay out of the box.
              No excuse tonight for anything less than two points. This is a team that has struggled to score since the break with only two goals scored in four games against BC, Quinnipiac, and Merrimack x 2

Comment

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to UCONN these days, but they seem to be scuffling. There are some good players there, but I don't get the sense that they're the world beaters they have been in previous years.

Still annoyed at that 5 minute major at the end of the BU game that almost cost them the game. Bad bad penalty.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Another strong game by Hawkeyes and the PK!

Comment

Another strong game by Hawkeyes and the PK!
                    My impression is that they didn't set the world of fire, but they did enough to win. That's the Hawkey we know and love.
                    It's good to see Vimal redeem himself after the late penalty in the BU game.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

And not surprisingly, down 2-0 in the second. Saturday night.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        And not surprisingly, down 2-0 in the second. Saturday night.
                        2-1. No shutout.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Team played like they just met before the game.....penalty at end was horrid, they deserved to lose

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            2-1. No shutout.
                            Expect Zlax.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

UCONN played great, really stifled the friars who could not generate much offensive pressure at all, friar special teams awol, PP not sharp. wasted another strong game by Hawkeyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                Team played like they just met before the game.....penalty at end was horrid, they deserved to lose
                                No doubt about that!

Comment

Working...
                                X