Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
    PC blew 2 two goals leads in the third, and you could see it coming a mile away, the way they were playing on their heels the whole period. Played in their defensive zone the whole period. NU tied it with 40 seconds left in regulation
    Been doing it under Leaman throughout his career. Rather try to win by a goal instead of trying to bury the opponent!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Big stop by Hawkey in the OT when NU takes puck away in corner and feeds to a wide open player in front of Hawkey for a one timer but he stops it. Preserved the tie at that point.

Definitely a disappointing third period especially last 10 minutes when they were giving the puck away and losing battles along the boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        But Leaman raves about him! How dare you question Leaman? I consider young at best a fifth defenseman
        Young is a plus7 and called for only 3 penalties to 6 minutes, not too shabby.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Been doing it under Leaman throughout his career. Rather try to win by a goal instead of trying to bury the opponent!
          The game plan was ok, should win nursing a 2 goal lead and limiting NU to just 6 sog in the 3rd. But to allow 3 goals on those 6 shots (ouch). As stated by 73friar stateded NU just won all the battles in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period.
          Last edited by palmettofriar; 01-27-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
            The game plan was ok, should win nursing a 2 goal lead and limiting NU to just 6 sog in the 3rd. But to allow 3 goals on those 6 shots (ouch). As stated by 73friar stateded NU just won all the battles in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period.
            And that is unacceptable, why is it, coaching, game plan or no plan at all

Comment

If you guys want to move on from Nate Leaman, feel free to send him across town to College Hill! Thanks.

Comment

3 point weekend!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                  And that is unacceptable, why is it, coaching, game plan or no plan at all
                  The person getting the praise after a win deserves to be criticized after a loss. Leaman and assistants clearly haven’t worked good enough on the power play. The numbers might be mediocre but it has been far worse as they have gotten a couple of out of system PP goals.

Saturday’s game was tight checking but fairly mediocre game for entertainment value.

It was one of the better officiated games of the year as they let the players play.
                  Last edited by The Zlax45; 01-27-2018, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    The person getting the praise after a win deserves to be criticized after a loss. Leaman and assistants clearly haven’t worked good enough on the power play. The numbers might be mediocre but it has been far worse as they have gotten a couple of out of system PP goals.

Saturday’s game was tight checking but fairly mediocre game for entertainment value.

It was one of the better officiated games of the year as they let the players play.
                    now he's criticizin the entertainment value.

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
                      Blind squirrel just mad he was too stupid to get into PC, he's spun himself dizzy complaining about anything and everything.
                      Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
                        I have heard from people in Rhode Island who are avoiding PC hockey as they consider it "BORING" hockey.

Comment

I have heard from people in Rhode Island who are avoiding PC hockey as they consider it "BORING" hockey.
                          Nothing sucks more than winning but exlax has never had that feeling

Comment

Mental case.
                            Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Two top 10 teams. Leading scorer in the country. 5 of the top 6 scorers in Hockey East. A dramatic finish. Sellout crowd. Yup, no entertainment value

Comment

Just would like to add- Schneider Arena brings together some of the best parts of college hockey. A small rink, seats a little elevated over the ice, and a dedicated crowd that comes together for different chants, it's gotta be intimidating. Not to mention the team itself is very good. PC looked better than NU both nights I thought. And man, that YES chant...I'm a WWE fan and love that chant, but man I did not enjoy it last night one bit. That's an awesome part for PC hockey to have. Good luck the rest of the way, hope y'all make it to the Garden and the NCAAs.

Side question- was looking to purchase a collector's puck with a PC logo on it, the merch stand was sold out. They recommended the bookstore, can anyone comment on whether the store would have it/anywhere else would have it? I didn't see them on the bookstore site.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X