Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Don’t you go agreeing with me about the terrible defense on this squad! Tonight, Hawkey saved them and the inexcusable mistakes on defense by upper classmen are getting old. Yes, Nate’s favorite dman Spencer Young is the number one culprit.
    Yes. I completely disagrees.

Comment

Friars move into 2nd place with the win tonight. Hopefully build on this win, can't lose another Saturday game this weekend.
      Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Back in the day, there was only one fan... and we didn't even steal his alternator this time...

https://images.google.com/imgres?img...xoGkS-M&tbnid=

Comment

You got us. I hate to admit. Man, we are gearing now for you. We will keep grinding. Great program.

Comment

Actually your program is ahead of ours. And your coach was mentored by ours. And we want coach leamen back.

Comment

The stick skills are amazing, great stick skills. But we will win. We want you back, coach. Signed mainuh.

Comment

We want you back coach.

Comment

Defensive zone give aways should be corrected, need concentration and focus, just too nonchalant at times.
                  Last edited by palmettofriar; 02-10-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I think PC needs to win their remaining three games in order to get into the NCAAs. Am I off base?

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                      I think PC needs to win their remaining three games in order to get into the NCAAs. Am I off base?
                      Ultimately they need a first round win minimum maybe even a semi win. I think 3 points position them just above cut line (say 15 right now) as playoffs begin but you saw PC sweat big time in 15 and 17 falling in quarters. This team doesn’t have the equal of the 3 points vs Denver and a UML wins this year to create a real cushion.
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Thanks for the response Cav. I was taking for granted that they had to get by the first round. I think they at least need to get to Boston but figured that they had no room for a loss before then if they were to stay ranked in the top 10 heading into the HE playoffs and get a more favorable match up in the first round.

Comment

Watch out for UCONN and Vermont in the playoffs...they are both on a roll playing much better than earlier...

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Watch out for UCONN and Vermont in the playoffs...they are both on a roll playing much better than earlier...
                            The usually scheduled BC/UML tilt in the HE title game is looking less likely.

It wouldn't shock me to see UCONN and UVM playing there instead which would really screw up PC's attempts to get back to the NCAA tournament.

Not sure what to expect this weekend. UML has been underachieving like mad for some reason and neither team can win a game on a Saturday. Win and a tie? Loss and a tie?
                            Last edited by Jon; 02-15-2018, 12:09 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I went to the UML thread. They think that they're going to get swept. Wow. 180 degrees from the last five years of Norm Bazin hockey.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Friar sweep would be just what the doctor ordered....first up close out the home game schedule tonight with a win...then see which team wants it on Saturday.

Would be nice to win it in regulation, these OT games are tough on the old ticker

Comment

Working...
                                X