Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

PC up 1-0 on the Pats Pizza Enthusiasts after 2 (thought there'd be an alternator joke in there, eh?)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      PC up 1-0 on the Pats Pizza Enthusiasts after 2 (thought there'd be an alternator joke in there, eh?)
      PC up 2-0 in the third thanks to Zzlax's BFF, Pinho.

Yes, I am working today. Ugh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Pats is the only good thing left in Orono

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

PC up 2-0 in the third thanks to Zzlax's BFF, Pinho.

Yes, I am working today. Ugh.
          Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometime...
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Zlax,

Up at 3:07 am to troll again?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometime...
              Same line twice in 2 weeks. What a bore
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Nice league win for PC yesterday. Tough test against Clarkson who already cleaned our clock this year. It would be huge if the Friars were able to turn the table and steal a game from the Knights today.

Comment

Anyone know how to watch the game, if you do not have access to NESN or TSN? Willing to pay to see it of course. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WarHog89 View Post
                    Anyone know how to watch the game, if you do not have access to NESN or TSN? Willing to pay to see it of course. Thanks!
                    If you haven't found it yet check through www.twitter.com/FriarsHockey They usually post something prior to game time where you can watch, listen or read about the game.

Comment

Friars down 2-1 in the 2nd period and taking stupid penalties like it's their job! Kavanagh took two stupid penalties in one period, gets out of the box and throws a shoulder as soon as he's out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        Friars down 2-1 in the 2nd period and taking stupid penalties like it's their job! Kavanagh took two stupid penalties in one period, gets out of the box and throws a shoulder as soon as he's out of the box.
                        It has been a very physical game but PC seems to have been less disciplined so far. Regardless, I've seen 2 clear calls against Clarkson that should have been made. I'm sure it'll even out in the 3rd.
                        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                        12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Coach said in the interview that he liked how they were 5 on 5. I thought Clarkson dominated the 2nd period 5 on 5, but I guess that's just me. One thing I have seen is that PC seems to be just a bit deeper than Clarkson. Our 3rd and 4th lines are having some trouble keeping the puck. That may be a problem in the 3rd as well, as I'm sure PC will shorten up the bench a bit.
                          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                          12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                            Coach said in the interview that he liked how they were 5 on 5. I thought Clarkson dominated the 2nd period 5 on 5, but I guess that's just me. One thing I have seen is that PC seems to be just a bit deeper than Clarkson. Our 3rd and 4th lines are having some trouble keeping the puck. That may be a problem in the 3rd as well, as I'm sure PC will shorten up the bench a bit.
                            Thought, officiating was iffy, Kavannaugh got a penalty for hitting too hard. The 5-3 was a game changer for sure. Do not know how the ref missed the goalie interference prior to the 5-3 though. Thought 5-5 black had more chances, as the coach was able to use depth in his lines. Clarkson looks really good though, but will be the kind of competition, the friars will be facing in the tourney. Definitely a growing experience forsure for the young team.

Comment

Originally posted by WarHog89 View Post
                              Thought, officiating was iffy, Kavannaugh got a penalty for hitting too hard. The 5-3 was a game changer for sure. Do not know how the ref missed the goalie interference prior to the 5-3 though. Thought 5-5 black had more chances, as the coach was able to use depth in his lines. Clarkson looks really good though, but will be the kind of competition, the friars will be facing in the tourney. Definitely a growing experience forsure for the young team.
                              PC isn't young though with only seven freshmen on the roster and four playing (Conger, Mollot-Hill, and Ryzcek aren't playing). If you want to say the Sophomores are young with SEVEN of them playing maybe but this is now their second season in college hockey. Not young pups anymore.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Surprised to see only PC out of HE in the top 10 and 4 others in the top 20, thought HE would be placing at least 2 teams in the 1-10 bracket

Comment

Working...
                                X