Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Remember that game. Clarkson had Dave Taylor. They were up 5-3 with three minutes left when BU scored three to win 6-5. LOVED IT!!!!

And that followed one of the most exciting games I have ever seen, UNH's 10-9 2OT win over Cornell.

Not a good evening for the New York State schools...
    Wow. 18 goals in regulation but it took 2OTs to get the 19th goal???
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Yup. It was unbelievable. Adding to the fun was that it was in the "old" Garden and the place just exploded with noise. Unfortunately, due to the lateness of the first game (gee, where have we heard this story before?), many of the UNH and Cornell fans left and missed the second game, which was actually more incredible due to three goals in the last three minutes by BU to come from behind. I don't remember all the details but I believe two of the goals were by Dave Silk and Rick Meagher.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Remember that game. Clarkson had Dave Taylor. They were up 5-3 with three minutes left when BU scored three to win 6-5. LOVED IT!!!!

And that followed one of the most exciting games I have ever seen, UNH's 10-9 2OT win over Cornell.

Not a good evening for the New York State schools...
        It was 70° in Boston that day and the Garden was a sauna.

It was 6-4. BU won 7-6. BU had Silk(GWG), O'Callahan, R. Meagher, Eruzione, Craig and the indomitable Bill O'Neill on D.

I still have nightmares of that game along with Game 6 of the 1986 WS.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Yup. It was unbelievable. Adding to the fun was that it was in the "old" Garden and the place just exploded with noise. Unfortunately, due to the lateness of the first game (gee, where have we heard this story before?), many of the UNH and Cornell fans left and missed the second game, which was actually more incredible due to three goals in the last three minutes by BU to come from behind. I don't remember all the details but I believe two of the goals were by Dave Silk and Rick Meagher.
          I didn't leave and it worked out great for me. Had seats in the old second balcony, but was able to watch the BU explosion in the late third period from right on the glass in the Clarkson end...

Given all the whining on here in the past week, what's really amazing is the despite the lateness of the second game, BU actually won the following night...
          Last edited by Felger; 03-22-2018, 07:25 PM.
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by rochnycsc View Post
            Friday should be a great game. I'm hoping Clarkson can exorcise the Providence demons from 1981. The greatest choke job in Clarkson History at the Boston Garden in the ECAC semi's. #1 in the country CCT up by 2 with 2 minutes left and they lose in OT. PC did end up beating Cornell in the final and received an automatic NCAA bid.

Scotty Kleinendorst blasted home first extra attacker goal
            Danny Miele converted a Jimmy Colucci shot with about 10 seconds
            In OT Stevie Anderson scored winner
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
              Scotty Kleinendorst blasted home first extra attacker goal
              Danny Miele converted a Jimmy Colucci shot with about 10 seconds
              In OT Stevie Anderson scored winner
              i get so spoiled by Youtube, but it's disappointing what isn't on the internet. Seems like a lot of a games we're discussing would be fun to watch.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

So Divver is saying that the traffic cone is set to sign with the Oilers after the season...
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  I would think so since there's not basketball game to interfere with them being in attendance. I hope MTU brings their band because they are a lot of fun.
                  The Tech pep band is in Bridgeport, ready to play.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    The Tech pep band is in Bridgeport, ready to play.
                    Of course they are. I'm hoping our band picks up some of that mojo...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      So Divver is saying that the traffic cone is set to sign with the Oilers after the season...
                      Technically he said Edmonton has decided to make an offer. Offered no insight into Vinny’s thoughts. Colton at UVM and Fox at Harvard turned down offers. Possible he prefers the option of being free agent and picking his destination. One rumor said it’s likely what Pinho is doing.
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        i get so spoiled by Youtube, but it's disappointing what isn't on the internet. Seems like a lot of a games we're discussing would be fun to watch.
                        Pre Nesn, I really don’t believe it was on TV. I vaguely remember the Orovidence tv stations had clips from their network affiliate in Boston. You’d have had to have a camera weren’t phones to record either so not even sure if there was much in way of home movies around to post.
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          Yes and no. While it was double overtime, all overtime periods at then were 10 minutes long. Therefore, it would only have been a single 20 minute overtime today. BTW, the goal was scored at 19 seconds of the second overtime, or at 70:19 of the game.

The BU and Cornell women's teams played a triple overtime game after scoring 14 goals in the first 60 minutes, but it took another 59:50 to score the game winner.

Sean
                          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-23-2018, 04:50 PM.
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

MTU and Notre Dame going to OT. Seems to be a trend...

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

How's the attendance down there?

Comment

Go hockey east... go Friars!

Comment

Working...
                                X