Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Its time to let go of the old and usher in the new with a run at the National Championship and a dominant season in Hockey East

Go Friars

Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Don't tell eXzlax about this pace!
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

This thread will be good once Jon and PC91 join in I am sure Cav will add to it as well

Comment

Random fun fact - 14 player's from Providence's championship team have now played in an AHL game. Pinho will make it 15! Pretty amazing.

Comment

Since the National Championship game, Leaman is a fantastic 0-2 in the NCAA Tournament while Montgomery who PC beat to get to Boston is 6-1.

Not too shabby!
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Darn, he found it.

Personally I think he says things like that just to get us true fans going...if there is an ignore option I'd use it

Comment

Now as far as next year, going to be a learning curve for a young defense next season, Vinny, Bryson and Young only returnees with any substantial playing time....Hawkey will need to hold the fort even more early I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                Now as far as next year, going to be a learning curve for a young defense next season, Vinny, Bryson and Young only returnees with any substantial playing time....Hawkey will need to hold the fort even more early I would think.
                Bryson's play and impact on this team went downhill throughout the year. Vinny is a traffic cone where guys just go around while Young is a borderline D-1 defenseman. Going to need to hope these freshmen coming in/transfer from Princeton are going to be able to make an impact.

I think the best move for Hawkey is to actually sign with the Canadiens since I believe there is a possibility that Mollot-Hill might win the starting job next season. We all know since Nate has been at PC that he has ridden one goalie the entire year. Plus, I don't like the way Leaman blamed Hawkey for losses this season instead of blaming the COACHING staff who was playing mind games with a senior defenseman who just signed an AHL contract this week.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Bryson's play and impact on this team went downhill throughout the year. Vinny is a traffic cone where guys just go around while Young is a borderline D-1 defenseman. Going to need to hope these freshmen coming in/transfer from Princeton are going to be able to make an impact.

I think the best move for Hawkey is to actually sign with the Canadiens since I believe there is a possibility that Mollot-Hill might win the starting job next season. We all know since Nate has been at PC that he has ridden one goalie the entire year. Plus, I don't like the way Leaman blamed Hawkey for losses this season instead of blaming the COACHING staff who was playing mind games with a senior defenseman who just signed an AHL contract this week.
                  Empty wagon makes the most noise

Comment

Thank goodness you have no influence on the hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                      Darn, he found it.

Personally I think he says things like that just to get us true fans going...if there is an ignore option I'd use it
                      Go to the user profile, there is an ignore option there and it works

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernFriar View Post
                        Thank goodness you have no influence on the hockey program.
                        So you disagree with what I said? You were happy with what you saw in Bryson? Vinny? And Young?

I just don't see how you can win with those three being your most experienced guys.

Comment

So you disagree with what I said? You were happy with what you saw in Bryson? Vinny? And Young?

I just don't see how you can win with those three being your most experienced guys.
                          You continue to lament about the lack of playing time all season for Florentino (is this something personal?). The one thing I've learned about Leaman, is that he is ruthless and will make any decision he needs to make with the lineup to win. Some of the biggest wins of the season came without Florentino in the lineup (Denver, Vermont, Lowell, etc.), I suspect there must have been some reason to limit his appearances? On the other hand, Leaman has been quoted in saying that the overall play of both Bryson & Young has been one of the many significant factors in this team making the tourney. It should also be noted that Young suffered an upper bod injury early in the season and was contemplating surgery and red-shirting, but decided to stick it out and put off surgery until after the season. Let's wait and see how these guys perform next season, every year brings a new team and season. I put my faith in the coaching staff that at least has the credentials to make these decision, rather than the people on this forum and there one-off remarks. Let's move onto a new season and keep it positive.

Comment

Someone's just cranky cause Umile will FINALLY be stepping away from coaching at the University of No Hardware and Coach Leaman isn't going anywhere.
                            Mike Souza is just as good as having Leaman though so UNH will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              Someone's just cranky cause Umile will FINALLY be stepping away from coaching at the University of No Hardware and Coach Leaman isn't going anywhere.
                              Mike Souza is just as good as having Leaman though so UNH will be fine.
                              Loved it when Souza was playing, you hit him a couple of times and he would lose it and be in the box at least twice in the game.....hot head

Comment

Working...
                              X