Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    You could potentially come up with a scenario where only the championship game was at the Garden but that ain't happening. The league wants that semifinal $. As long as attendance doesn't start dropping to around 8k or less it's staying. So the only other option is having the semifinals on different days but then one team has an extra day of rest. Leaman can say it's not an excuse but he definitely comes across as a *****. Both BU and PC played single OT games. It's not like PC played a 3 OT game. Ya their game ended late but they should have had more in the tank than they did last night. Not sure if that's a mental thing trickling down from the coach or if it's a conditioning issue but PC had plenty of time to rest up and get in a pregame nap etc.
    Interesting point here. What if the BU/BC game ended on time and the PC/NU game went three OTs? Game would've ended at pretty much the same time, would've been even worse because they would have played longer. Would there be need to have the committee look into it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Get off my lawn!

Get the feeling that other coaches probably feel similarly, but don’t make the mistake of saying it out loud.
      It is what it ****ing is.
      Hey, ours beatches whenever he loses to a team with older freshmen. Your Whiney beatch is no different from ours
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I had to reread this because we suddenly jumped to the point where Nate Leaman is redesigning the NCAA tournament.
        Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post

It’s a factor. It’s not an excuse,” Leaman said. “They took advantage of that. I thought they took advantage of that by getting pucks deep and by wearing us down, and getting their big guys wearing us down. I thought we got some extended shifts in the D-zone, where we bent but we didn’t break. Is it a factor? Yeah. Is it an excuse? No. You can’t let the circumstances matter. You have to function to get the job done.”
        He’s clearly history’s greatest monster and should be replaced by someone if Zlax’s choosing. There’s an associate coach at Notr Dame we should look at, for example...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I had to reread this because we suddenly jumped to the point where Nate Leaman is redesigning the NCAA tournament.
          He’s clearly history’s greatest monster and should be replaced by someone if Zlax’s choosing. There’s an associate coach at Notr Dame we should look at, for example...
          Merrimack already covets him. Yer screwed

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Hey, ours beatches whenever he loses to a team with older freshmen. Your Whiney beatch is no different from ours
            Quinn gets crazy top end talent compared to Leaman. Yet here we are.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Merrimack already covets him. Yer screwed
              He does have more hockey east tourney titles than Leaman!
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Other leagues have same format as well as NCAA regionals. So the bigger concern would be with the NCAA tournament. Would love to hear what Nate has for a solution.
                Do what the WCHA and Big Ten did. Last week semi’s this week finals

Get the extra week by either tightening regular season schedule a pinch or tell the bottom 3 wait till next year
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  tell the bottom 3 wait till next year
                  Now THAT I agree with. No chance you should be able to finish at the bottom and then get hot/lucky and steal a spot from a team who has clearly outperformed you all year. And this gets into the whole "why do we even have a regular season" argument. There are some advocating that the regular season winners should also get autobids. You had over twenty games to "earn" a spot. Of course, this would require expansion of the tournament, but every other sport has done it anyway. (of course this is all hypothetical because the decision will be predicated upon only one thing - whether they can make more money by changing the format)

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Interesting point here. What if the BU/BC game ended on time and the PC/NU game went three OTs? Game would've ended at pretty much the same time, would've been even worse because they would have played longer. Would there be need to have the committee look into it?
                    I've got a GREAT solution to even things out:

First game plays 4 periods, second game plays 3. Any ties go right to a shootout. That way the first winner is tired from playing an extra period. Second game winner is tired because it's late. Problem solved!
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      I've got a GREAT solution to even things out:

First game plays 4 periods, second game plays 3. Any ties go right to a shootout. That way the first winner is tired from playing an extra period. Second game winner is tired because it's late. Problem solved!
                      OR...if the ice degrades too much from a long first game, they could halt the proceeding, put all of us up in a hotel, rebuild the ice and then resume the game at 5:00 a.m. the next morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                        Do what the WCHA and Big Ten did. Last week semi’s this week finals

Get the extra week by either tightening regular season schedule a pinch or tell the bottom 3 wait till next year
                        At no point during the later Army years did I want to see PC play more hockey.
                        We’re no closer to getting a 12th HE team, are we?

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Lord knows the bc jv team would finish ahead of Mack.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            Pure unfounded speculation, but would that be "ulterior" motivation behind Bentley building their new arena?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Didn't I read that Joe Bertagna was interviewed Friday night and said next season the top 8 teams make it and bottom three are done at the end of the regular season? Or am I misremembering?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Didn't I read that Joe Bertagna was interviewed Friday night and said next season the top 8 teams make it and bottom three are done at the end of the regular season? Or am I misremembering?
                                I hope so.

Watch PC finish 10th next year and have this come back to haunt me.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X