Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I have a small wee wee.
    Not surprising, although many thought you didn’t have one to begin with.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      Just in case people think Leaman was making excuses, (note his comments I mentioned above were pre-game) here is what he said post game

It’s a factor. It’s not an excuse,” Leaman said. “They took advantage of that. I thought they took advantage of that by getting pucks deep and by wearing us down, and getting their big guys wearing us down. I thought we got some extended shifts in the D-zone, where we bent but we didn’t break. Is it a factor? Yeah. Is it an excuse? No. You can’t let the circumstances matter. You have to function to get the job done.”

Would have been the same for NU or for any team that gets into a final after playing a late game following an OT game in the first. Would be interesting to know how many teams that won the second game ended up winning the championship the next night
      BU did in 2009 after having to wait for NU and UML’s game to end in OT. And that was a a 1 playing 4 seed which should have been the early game. No whining that year from either BU or UML. Well, except from me, of course, because BU should’ve been the early game. Because before 2009, there were other times when the early game went into OT and BU had to wait.

That’s how long this has been going on. Just because it’s never really affected you, or Northeastern...NOW it’s a factor??

Comment

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

It’s a factor. He’s not wrong. PC was clearly on fumes for the last 40 minutes.

But he’s not saying that it’s the reason they lost.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post

Bad coaches don’t have their young men in proper shape.

THAT was the reason they lost.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Bad coaches don’t have their young men in proper shape.

THAT was the reason they lost.
            If that was really the problem, they wouldn’t have beaten Northeastern the earlier that day.

If we want to criticize Leaman for an actual reason, we can start with yet another no-show for the offense.
            Last edited by Jon; 03-18-2018, 08:58 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              They need to make the format better. Change the times or the days to Thurs/ Sat. I know things wont change, but wish they would.
              Ok done.
              They barely get 10,000 there as it is COMBINED for both games on a Friday night. No way they would get close to that on a Thursday. Regarding the kids checking their social media accounts. I think you're missing the point. Even if you get to bed at 3:00 a.m. you could still sleep until Noon. The game isn't until 7:00 p.m. It's not the sleeping part. It's the muscle fatigue from the short turnaround. And if they DON'T get enough sleep, that's on them.

Do we have to have an excuse for EVERYTHING these days? "They're hooked?" Tough. Get some discipline. Jeez...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                They barely get 10,000 there as it is COMBINED for both games on a Friday night. No way they would get close to that on a Thursday. Regarding the kids checking their social media accounts. I think you're missing the point. Even if you get to bed at 3:00 a.m. you could still sleep until Noon. The game isn't until 7:00 p.m. It's not the sleeping part. It's the muscle fatigue from the short turnaround. And if they DON'T get enough sleep, that's on them.
                B
                Do we have to have an excuse for EVERYTHING these days? "They're hooked?" Tough. Get some discipline. Jeez...
                PC can’t score On Saturdays. I have no explanation I just reject what Zlax and mookie are offering. I have no idea what the rest of the leagues problem is.
                There’s never been a valid excuse for PC to not support this GD team. I don’t know what happened to the rest of the league, but this has been going on for 23 years. At least.

-Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post

How come it’s only a factor when it affects you?

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

i know.. i know.. the discipline part.. all that, i get it. just sayin.. times.. even from 2009s.. just look at the devices & such.. they have a changed.

In the future, your team, my team.. it is going to be a factor & it doesnt need to be if they adjust this a bit. Starting a gm at 9:30 -10pm, ending at 1:30am.. ridiculous & doesnt need to be. which sport does this?? jack azz stuff.. these kids.. game is hard as it is, without the added 'factors'.. just step back & think what i'm trying to get across. Hockey East ought to study this & adjust. Keep up with the times. powers that be can make the experience for the semi finalists a whole lot better & we'll have a solid Championship gm without the 'out of tank' experience.

i'm telling you they ought to look at it, but won't.

edit: nothing to do with my team, your team. This for any team..for the future, the kids.. just keep things in perspective. Think smart H.E folk. move it to a Thurs, then final on Sat. The fans that want to come, will come. Jesus games ending at 1am +!!. C'mon peeps.. Nate is right & whole lot of Head Coaches (given the option), would agree. Okay, now im really done.
                    Last edited by northeastern; 03-18-2018, 09:16 AM.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      How come it’s only a factor when it affects you?
                      I think it becomes something that gets looked at because we now have a an NCAA tourney that has 4 teams in only because of autobid. You have pushed the cut line to point deserving teams got bumped. Granted Minnesota cut their own throat losing early
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

You could potentially come up with a scenario where only the championship game was at the Garden but that ain't happening. The league wants that semifinal $. As long as attendance doesn't start dropping to around 8k or less it's staying. So the only other option is having the semifinals on different days but then one team has an extra day of rest. Leaman can say it's not an excuse but he definitely comes across as a *****. Both BU and PC played single OT games. It's not like PC played a 3 OT game. Ya their game ended late but they should have had more in the tank than they did last night. Not sure if that's a mental thing trickling down from the coach or if it's a conditioning issue but PC had plenty of time to rest up and get in a pregame nap etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                          I think it becomes something that gets looked at because we now have a an NCAA tourney that has 4 teams in only because of autobid. You have pushed the cut line to point deserving teams got bumped. Granted Minnesota cut their own throat losing early
                          Deserving teams are in.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            You could potentially come up with a scenario where only the championship game was at the Garden but that ain't happening. The league wants that semifinal $. As long as attendance doesn't start dropping to around 8k or less it's staying. So the only other option is having the semifinals on different days but then one team has an extra day of rest. Leaman can say it's not an excuse but he definitely comes across as a *****. Both BU and PC played single OT games. It's not like PC played a 3 OT game. Ya their game ended late but they should have had more in the tank than they did last night. Not sure if that's a mental thing trickling down from the coach or if it's a conditioning issue but PC had plenty of time to rest up and get in a pregame nap etc.
                            Lil beacth Nate should recruit young 18yo freshman like GQ and not 25yo’s who get gassed easily as old old men do.

Nate’s fault. Not the overtime

Comment

Other leagues have same format as well as NCAA regionals. So the bigger concern would be with the NCAA tournament. Would love to hear what Nate has for a solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                as old old men do.
                                Get off my lawn!

Get the feeling that other coaches probably feel similarly, but don’t make the mistake of saying it out loud.
                                It is what it ****ing is.
                                Last edited by Jon; 03-18-2018, 09:35 AM.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X